OASIS - New Album(s) and all General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am a fan of Oasis, they make some good music but those Gallagher brothers have got to quit fighting and breaking up-getting back together-breaking up-getting back together!!

Normally, I would say that a band that loses its principal (almost "only") songwriter should just call it a day. But I definitely think Liam, Gem, and Andy should carry on with the Oasis name. Noel has always been the man "apart" from the others -- the last to join in the early days, the "boss" (the "Chief" as they called him), the one who sobered up first, the one whose argument with Bonehead sent him packing, etc., etc. So, it seems like a more united band without him, albeit without a first-rate songwriter. They should at least give it a try.

Morning Glory is a good album that they never surpassed, and I guess the two brothers never could last within the same band.

So which comes first: Oasis album (sans Noel) or Noel solo album ?

:down:

Hey, maybe they ran out of material to write and just made up this whole thing about yet another fight! :happy:

All said and done, I thoroughly enjoyed their last 2 albums. So at least they went out on a high note.

^ i laughed when i read about that. It be a low key band with a cult following i guess.

Liam is continuing with everyone in Oasis minus Noel

They will have a new name

Probably will be The Tambourine Men or something like that

Yeah he said the music will be different too, I'll give them a chance, Ain't got too much hope for them tho, Noel was the main man in my eyes! I thought most of Gem's writing in Oasis was awful, Andy had a few good tunes, but neither of them come close to Noel! Hopefully Liam can bang out some more great tunes!!! pressures on, we'll see.

Gem is ok
To be where theres life is quality

they will have a #1 album for sure and a sell out tour is guaranteed
just hope the tunes are good enough

Yeah true "To Be Where There Is Life" is his best tune IMO,

Ah yeah we'll just have to wait and see what the future has in store for Liam and the lads, I hope they get on alright and produce some good tunes!

I don't expect much. I'll be more interested to see what Noel has up his sleeve.

currently working under the name OASIS

Liam says new album will be out by JULY 2010!

At least its no Chinese Democracy waiting period

Despite the fact that I think Liam is the only real 'rock and roll spirit' figure left in mainstream music, he is now a parody of his younger self and I think Peter Kay spoke for a lot of people at the end there.

Back
Top Bottom