OASIS - New Album(s) and all General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Noel should of done the gig without Liam like he has done in the past.

I dont really care if they break up, Noel is Oasis anyway and everyone knows it. Come on Noelly G, put out your solo record already.

Dearly beloved, it is with a heavy heart and a sad face that I say this to you this morning.

As of last Friday the 28th August, I have been forced to leave the Manchester rock'n'roll pop group Oasis.

The details are not important and of too great a number to list. But I feel you have the right to know that the level of verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family, friends and comrades has become intolerable. And the lack of support and understanding from my management and band mates has left me with no other option than to get me cape and seek pastures new.

I would like firstly to offer my apologies to them kids in Paris who'd paid money and waited all day to see us only to be let down AGAIN by the band. Apologies are probably not enough, I know, but I'm afraid it's all I've got.

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to say to the good people of V Festival that experienced the same thing. Again, I can only apologise - although I don't know why, it was nothing to do with me. I was match fit and ready to be brilliant. Alas, other people in the group weren't up to it.

In closing I would like to thank all the Oasis fans, all over the world. The last 18 years have been truly, truly amazing (and I hate that word, but today is the one time I'll deem it appropriate). A dream come true. I take with me glorious memories.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have a family and a football team to indulge.

I'll see you somewhere down the road. It's been a fuckin' pleasure.

Thanks very much.

Goodbye.

NG.

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

lol @ the other thread getting closed. Typical Oasis thread, hijacked by the anti-Gallagher brigade, usual suspects, Lazarus and that Dalton creature.

Dunno how one can say Oasis were better than The Smiths, that said, it's different with the Roses, because the Roses were an even more shaky unit than Oasis, with their own endless bickering. Testament, that despite this, Oasis released 7 solid albums while Roses only released two, the 2nd with a severely heavy dose of skippable filler.

Unless, there's a reunion of sorts, I shall never have attended an Oasis gig in my lifetime. Shattering somewhat. :sad:

lol @ the other thread getting closed. Typical Oasis thread, hijacked by the anti-Gallagher brigade, usual suspects, Lazarus and that Dalton creature.

Dunno how one can say Oasis were better than The Smiths, that said, it's different with the Roses, because the Roses were an even more shaky unit than Oasis, with their own endless bickering. Testament, that despite this, Oasis released 7 solid albums while Roses only released two, the 2nd with a severely heavy dose of skippable filler.

Unless, there's a reunion of sorts, I shall never have attended an Oasis gig in my lifetime. Shattering somewhat. :sad:

Was it when DBTT was released Noel and Gem did a few gigs in Australia? I remember being pissed off cos they only played the eastern states (as usual) and didn't make it to Adelaide. I'd love it if Noel did something like that again. I also remember he made the comment at the time it was an apology for those of us who saw them in 98 cos they weren't on their best behaviour at the time... :wink:

It was around the time of 'Stop The Clocks' and they did an awesome gig at the Enmore. That'll be my only Oasis gig - they cancelled when I had tickets back in 1996.

It was around the time of 'Stop The Clocks' and they did an awesome gig at the Enmore. That'll be my only Oasis gig - they cancelled when I had tickets back in 1996.
Seeing them at the Enmore :drool: Well I saw them from the second to last row at the back at the Sydney Ent Cent. :lol: The friend who bought those tickets also bought PopMart tix at the Sydney Football Stadium that were the second to last row in the stand about 3/4 of the way to the back. This friend no longer buys tickets for me....

yea that Noel/Gem acoustic tour was awesome
some of the Paris clips are on youtube
i got the bootlegs for them as well

He is going to release albums under the name of Nolberto Giminez

No idea on who's siding with who
Liam has said nothing yet
Probably waiting for the £££ deal with the News of the World or something

I did read one theory that the real reason Oasis had split was because Liam's voice was ruined and that this whole "I can't work with Liam a day longer" thing was done for the media as part of some sort of cover-up. I don't for one second think that that is true but...the Dig Out Your Soul tour has gone on for a year doing 116 shows. Was that really a wise thing to do given how fragile Liam's voice seems to be?

I can quite easily imagine that spending a year together on tour would be difficult at the best of times but if Liam's voice wasn't coping with it then I bet that would cause A LOT of frustration and tension.

Well it was good while it lasted. Hope that the rest of the band doesn't continue on, we don't need another Smashing Pumpkins embarrassment.

I was an Oasis fan before I became a U2 fan. I got into Oasis in 1996 but this interest has wanned after a succession of shite albums. They haven't realeased anything good since the 90's. I'm more sad about the fact that Big Brother will no longer be on Channel 4 after a final season this year than I am about Noel leaving Oasis.

Well it was good while it lasted. Hope that the rest of the band doesn't continue on, we don't need another Smashing Pumpkins embarrassment.

I think Billy is the main man in the Pumpkins tho! he is the main songwriter, as is Noel in Oasis, so I don't think Oasis will stand a chance to continue on, Liam just isn't good enough, don't get me wrong he is getting to be a great songwriter but in comparison to Noel he is nowhere even close, All the classic Oasis tracks which made them what they are, were writen by Noel! Liam's saving grace was his voice which was absolutely incredible in the early days, unfortunately tho I think his best singing days are behind him, all the same DOYS and especially IOT was a big step in the right direction for him!!!

I was soooo disappointed by Zeitgeist too!!! The band are still incredible live tho!!!

I was soooo disappointed by Zeitgeist too!!! The band are still incredible live tho!!!

You really think so? I saw them back in the late 90's and I thought they were horrible. Just a mishmash of distortion, both intentional and unintentional

My gut reaction was that it would be completely retarded to keep the band together without Noel. But then I thought about it a little and I think that at the very least it will be interesting. Andy and Gem seem like genuine musicians and Liam has made huge strides in the past few years. Who knows? Maybe we'll get the most exciting Oasis album in the past decade. Or maybe it'll be a load of shit. Either way, I'd be interested to hear :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom