OASIS - New Album(s) and all General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Liam says Heaton Park will be better than Knebworth!
Hope he is on form. Apparently the set list will be mixed up
Need Bag it Up for sure

Kasabian will be awesome too
The Enemy are shit

I wont get home till about 3am but its worth it

Jaysus! were you there MadForIt?
was the cut that bad? I thought it was only the first 2 songs that were affected
Rock N Roll Star and Lyla!

MY BIG MOUTH IS BACK IN THE SET!!!!!! :hyper:

It was mental
Just got back about 30 mins ago, straight into the shower as i was totally covered in piss/beer. Hope this does not happen at a U2 concert these days!

I was about 2m from the front barrier. It was full of mentalists/idiots. Had to stand your ground as the crowd just moved in waves and there was a lot of pushing. Never braved it before but totally worth it as if you were not in front pit, the view must have been shite.

But in the end it was great as i was surrounded by a good, happy bunch and we ended up having a great time. Best gig of my life. Liam was immense, sounded great. There was hardly any words said by the lads all night but the performance was superb. Highlights were roll with it, slide away, masterplan, my big mouth and dont look back in anger

I took a few pics/vids but my cam does not represent how close i was to the front as its a digicam not a camcorder the vids wont be great. I'll stick them on youtube and post links here when done

MAD FOR IT! :hyper:

Kasabian were 9/10 brilliant
Enemy - pretty good 6/10
Twisted Wheel - 5/10 some good tunes some shit ones
Free Peace - 3/10 - first song was good. The rest pretty shit.

PS. My legs are killing. I got there at 2pm and stood for 9 hours, but totally worth it. I still dont see the point in all these idiots getting drunk at gigs. I was stone cold sober as i wanted to remember the best gig ever!

Ah yeah lotta drunken louts associated with Oasis unfortunately!

Great videos, thanks for posting!
"To Be Where There's Life" sounds amazing live! real killer groove, great riff by Andy Bell

Good to hear the lads are in good form!

Was Noels mic loud enough? this is a complaint I have about most recent Oasis gig's
he never seems to be loud enough,

I've sadly only seen them once before, gotta admit they were not at there best then,
back in 2003 (I think?) on the Heathen Chemistry tour, think Liam is back in form now tho, he seems to be enjoying preforming again!

ahh well I guess I'll find out in 9 days!!! :hyper:

Noel was loud enough for me
I could not record them properly. I havent got the cash for a camcorder

Try and get to the front of slane if you can. It will be rowdy but its quite friendly and people are just drunk and overexcited. I checked on the Oasis site forum with people who went on Saturday to heaton and luckily i was advised that anything other than the front pit would be pointless lol
It was a great day. Random people just grab you and hug you and sing along. Its a special atmosphere. Lots of pushing and shoving though. WATCH out for the wave. When Oasis come out, everyone pushes forward and is packed like sardines.

The microphone for Tom of Kasabian was too low. It seemed as though the first 3/4 words of each line were too low then someone pumped the volume up. They were brilliant too.

Dont wear your best gear as you will be covered in crap
I saw Oasis first time on DBTT tour and Liam sounded pretty poor. But on this tour he is on form. He has cut back on the cigs, goes jogging everyday and eats plenty of fish to keep the voice going.

Everytime i see a band now i'm heading to the front. Even though 9.5 hours of standing was very painful on the legs

U2 in cardiff is next for me!

Dam its gonna be really hard to get up the front at Slane! cant see that workin out, fingers crossed tho!

yeah I'd say the atmosphere is amazing in the pit!!! I'll be ready for a muck drenched day, tis Ireland after all!!! :D

Great to hear Liams improved, I could definitely hear a difference on the new album, especially on "I'm Outta Time" as close to Lennon as he will get imo,

Yeah I agree Carek, dont think Liam ever done much holding back on smoking and drinking!!! and also he has/had a voice that would have been v hard to keep, v loud and shouting rock delivery!

I think this is one of his and the rest of Oasis's best performances to this day !!!!!

YouTube - Liam Live Forever acoustic

sadly this voice is gone, but great to hear an improvement from DBTT!!

same thing for most singers really, Bono smoked his voice away also, he also never used it spareingly either belting out songs as loud as he could!

ah well there still two great singers still!!

dunno how this tune slipped past me sounds Amazing!!!!!

YouTube - Noel Live At Zanzibar - Stop The Clocks

I still think most of Oasis's early b-sides are better than the a-sides!

Stop the Clocks
i have the full demo of that its amazing
so is record machine, eberybody's on the run and If i had a gun

All songs which could be on Noel's solo album (if there is one) or on the new Oasis LP

Hope its out next year

Jaysus short setlist in Cardiff!!!!! weird running order too! anybody know what happend?

Must be BS!

1. Rock 'n' Roll Star
    2. Lyla
    3. Wonderwall
    4. Songbird
    5. Slide Away
    6. Cigarettes & Alcohol
    7. I'm Outta Time
    8. The Shock Of The Lightning
    9. To Be Where There's Life
    10. Ain't Got Nothin'
    11. Waiting For The Rapture
    12. Encore:
    13. Don't Look Back In Anger
    14. Falling Down
    15. Supersonic
    16. Champagne Supernova
    17. I Am The Walrus

This was Cardiff setlist according to Oasis forum and Wiki
1."Fuckin' in the Bushes (Intro)
2."Rock 'n' Roll Star
3."Lyla
4."The Shock Of The Lightning
5."Cigarettes & Alcohol
6."Roll With It
7."To Be Where There's Life
8."Waiting For The Rapture
9."The Masterplan
10."Songbird
11."Slide Away
12."Morning Glory
13. My Big Mouth
14."The Importance of Being Idle
15."Half the World Away
16."I'm Outta Time
17."Wonderwall
18."Live Forever
19."Supersonic
20."Don't Look Back In Anger (Encore)
21."Falling Down (Encore)
22."Champagne Supernova (Encore)
23."I Am The Walrus (Encore)

Yeah sorry, that was a bs set list I found on some random website,

Good to see the lads getting more airplay in the US!

Great setlist, pity they dont mix it up a bit tho,
seems I know exactly what to expect for Saturday!
my bad for checking them I guess!

Just dont leave before the encore!

I had to tell loads of people at Heaton to stay as they thought it was over when they finished supersonic

Back
Top Bottom