OASIS - New Album(s) and all General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OASIS LAND IN LIMA, PERU!

As part of the band's world tour, Oasis announced today that they will be playing in Lima, Peru on April 30th at the Estadio Nacional.

This will be part of the band's fourth Latin America tour but marks the first time they will have played in Peru.

Tickets go on sale on Monday 16th March at 11am (local time) through Tele Ticket.

Oasis have just finished their most successful Western European tour to date. On a world tour that has already seen them take in sold-out dates in the UK, USA, Mexico and Western Europe, the band begin their largest ever Japanese tour on 18th March in Nagoya.

I guess that it will chart around #25-30

Oasis are set to play some big gigs in South america
icon_eek.gif

28/04 - Caracas (Venezuela), Poliedro - rumor

30/04 - Lima (Peru), Nacional Stadium - oficial (30,000 capcity
icon_eek.gif
)

03/05 - Buenos Aires (Argentina), Monumental de Nuñez Stadium - oficial (55,000 capcity
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
)

06/05 - Santiago (Chile), Arena Movistar or Apoquindo - rumor

09/05 - Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) - rumor

10/05 - São Paulo (Brazil) - rumor

live4ever.us

OASIS HEAD TO BRAZIL!

Oasis
announced today that they will be performing four dates in what will be their largest-ever tour of Brazil. It will also mark the first time the band have played in Curitiba and Porto Alegre.</B>

The gigs are part of the forthcoming South American leg of their world tour and are the band's first gigs in the country since March 2006 when they played Sao Paulo. Oasis previously also played the legendary 'Rock In Rio' festival in 2001 where they played to over 200,000 fans.

The band will play:

RIO DE JANEIRO - Citibank Hall – 7th May
SÃO PAULO - Arena Anhembi – 9th May
CURITIBA - Pedreira Paulo Leminski – 10th May
PORTO ALEGRE - Gigantinho – 12th May

Tickets go on sale from March 20th for Citibank clients then go on general sale from March 27th. All tickets are available through Ticketmaster or by phone: (11) 2846-6000 (São Paulo) and 0300 789 6846 (other states)

They've announced Peru and Brazil

Now time for the Argies!

OASIS TO PLAY RIVER PLATE STADIUM, BUENOS AIRES

Oasis
have just announced they will be performing at the River Plate Stadium, Argentina's national football stadium and venue for the 1978 World Cup final on Sunday the 3rd of May. Also known as 'El Monumental de Nuñez', the iconic stadium is the biggest stadium in Argentina for concerts.

Oasis return to Argentina for the first time since playing a sold out show to 40,000 fans at the Buenos Aires Polo Fields in March of 2006. The date is part of their South American tour which also includes the previously confirmed gigs in Peru and Brazil.

Tickets for the River Plate Stadium date go on sale to owners of CITI Bank cards from Friday 13th March. Tickets go on General Sale on the 28th March. All tickets are available through Ticketek or +(54-11) 5-237-7200

OASIS ANNOUNCE FIRST-EVER GIG IN TAIWAN

Oasis are set to make their debut appearance in Taiwan after announcing today that they will play Taiwan World Trade Centre Nangang in Taipei City on Friday 3rd April.

The gig is part of their forthcoming Asian tour that which kicks off in Nagoya, Japan on 18th March and includes sold out dates in Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong.

There is a Pre-Sale party at Hua Sheng Culture Park Middle One Hall A between 11am and 7pm this Saturday (March 14th). Tickets then go on General Sale on Sunday 15th March through ERA ticket outlets and www.ticket.com.tw

OASIS TO PERFORM ON COMIC RELIEF

Oasis will be performing 'Falling Down' on a live edition of Top of the Pops for Comic Relief. The programme will be broadcast live as part of the Comic Relief evening on Friday 13th March. Others set to perform include Franz Ferdinand and U2.

While at this thing, Noel & Bono need to discuss some sort of collaborative studio or touring effort.

OASIS TO PERFORM ON COMIC RELIEF

Oasis will be performing 'Falling Down' on a live edition of Top of the Pops for Comic Relief. The programme will be broadcast live as part of the Comic Relief evening on Friday 13th March. Others set to perform include Franz Ferdinand and U2.

While at this thing, Noel & Bono need to discuss some sort of collaborative studio or touring effort.

Or discuss willther of them ever have a uk #1 single again?

Naa

Should be good (i'm coming home early and ditching my mates to see this):reject:

OASIS RETURN TO CHILE

Oasis
have announced they will be making a welcome return to Chile on their forthcoming South American tour. The band will play the Movistar Arena in Santiago on 5th May. Oasis last played Chile in March 2006.

Tickets go on an exclusive Pre Sale for Banco De Chile clients from this Sunday (15th March). Tickets go on General Sale from Saturday 22nd March. All tickets are available through Ticketmaster or on 690-2000.

OASIS TO HEADLINE GURTEN FESTIVAL

Oasis
have announced that they will be headlining this year's Gurten Festival in Berne, Switzerland on Saturday 18th July. It will be the band's second appearance in Switzerland this year following their sell-out performance in Zurich in March.

Tickets are now on sale through Star Ticket.

Other acts set to play the festival include Kings Of Leon and Travis

VENEZUELA DATE ADDED TO SOUTH AMERICAN TOUR

Oasis
will be including Venezuela in their forthcoming South American tour which includes the already announced gigs in Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile. The band will play Campo de Futbol USB in Caracas on April 28th.

Tickets go on sale from Friday (March 20th) through Hard Rock Café Caracas (Sambil), Recordland (Sambil and CCCT) and Esperanto (Paseo Las Mercedes, San Ignacio and Recreo), www.evenpro.com and (212) 703-0701.

Oasis: We're the best band in the world
By Christopher Toh, TODAY | Posted: 20 March 2009 1140 hrs
phpzQH4fQ.jpg
Photos 1 of 1
dotline_240.gif

Oasis — (L-R) guitarist Gem Archer, guitarist/singer Noel Gallagher, singer Liam Gallagher and bassist Andy Bell

SINGAPORE: The last time we spoke to Oasis, Liam Gallagher said he’d come up with a perfume called Mad Ferret if there was new line of work he could do. But some six months down the road, when we mentioned that to him, he thought we were mad.

In fact, don’t even suggest that there’s anything else he’d rather do than be in Oasis (even if you’re right and you’ve got the tape recording to prove it).

“Not interested in anything that’s not Oasis,” he said over the phone from London. “Oasis is my thing. I was born to be in Oasis. I was born to make Oasis the best. That’s what my goal is.”

Part of that goal is touring for their current hit album, Dig Out Your Soul. They have a scheduled stop in Singapore on April 5 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.

The album — one of the best albums of last year, declared Britain’s NME magazine — has sold over 1.6 million copies worldwide since its release last October, and is the latest feather in the cap for a band that’s sold more than 50 million records and has had eight Number One singles in Britain.

“Them songs are amazing (sic),” said Gallagher, adding that he couldn’t wait to show off the new album to the audience here.

“I love the music. I love playing it. I love going around the world, seeing the fans and stuff. I can’t wait to get back there.”

You guys played Singapore about three years ago. Can you remember what that show was like?
You know what? I can never remember that far back. I imagine that it was a good show. At least I thought it was good. Er, was it any good?

I thought so. How’s the tour going so far?
It’s been going really good, we’re playing really well, I’m singing really well. I think we’re rockin’. If we’re all well and I haven’t got a sore throat or anything, then it’s all good as far as I’m concerned.

Have there been any Spinal Tap moments?
I mean, being in a band with your brother is Spinal Tap, full stop. It’s always Spinal Tap.

What can we expect this time?
Well, you’re going to see the best rock n’ roll band in the world, as far as I’m concerned. I mean, we’re not daft, we don’t jump around and get our socks off. We’re not like Guns N’ Roses. We know what we’re doing. (But) you want people to join in, don’t you, and feel good. That’s the kind of band we are.

We’re not a band of miserable arty-farty outfit. We want people to get in and have a lot of fun. It’s all good, mate.

Do you get bored singing the early stuff?
I like everything to do with Oasis. Otherwise I wouldn’t do it, know what I mean? No, I don’t get bored at all. I mean there’re days when you get bored — full stop. It’s got nothing to do with music. It’s to do with life in general.

So no more sex, drugs and rock n’ roll?
I dunno. What do you reckon? I’m definitely into the sex, and I’m definitely into the rock n’ roll, but the drugs, well ... I can do without.

Do you miss your kids while on the road?
Well, they do their thing and I do my thing, but I’ve found that after three weeks, I start getting a bit mental and I want to go home. When you get older, you start appreciating your family more. But this is what I do, this is my job. I’ve got to pay the bills.

You consider being in Oasis a job?
Of course, it is a job, but it’s the best job in the world.

What’s your philosophy?
Just don’t think about it.

Describe Oasis in less than 10 words.
The best band in the world.

As a performer...
(Interrupting) I don’t see myself as a performer. I’m not. Robbie Williams, Mick Jagger — they’re performers. I’m just a rock n’ roll singer. I sing songs and that’s the end of it.

What’ll you do when the music’s over?
It’s never going to be over. But who knows, mate? Hopefully, we’ll all be well. And keep producing great music. I’m never going to split this band up. I love it. I’m having such a good time.

Do you want to continue playing forever, like The Rolling Stones?
I don’t want to be like anyone. I want to be like Oasis. If we’re fit and keep writing good music, then that’s what I’m going to do till I die. Forget the Stones, who gives a s**t about the Stones?

Back
Top Bottom