OASIS - New Album(s) and all General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I like it. A lot.
I'm not really into performance clips unless they got something different (i.e. Vertigo, Boots, D'You Know What I Mean?, How the West Was Won and Where They Got Us, etc.) I'm Outta Time video is just awful.

i think it's a cool video, is not horrible.... u know, but i prefer I'm Outta Time... i don't know, is different, and Liam did a great job. :hmm::hmm: but this is my point of view!

If it was oasis' aim to get people talking with this video well then they have achieved their aim

They could have done so much but ended up with that!

Having watched it a few more times i still dont like it

And what is the big deal about the message?

Wow the Royal family are not normal and could never be - big deal

Sack the director

Thanks intedomine, someone that agrees with me! :up:

For those who like the vid
What are the good things about it?

Please explain!

It's just interesting and keeps you asking questions, some of the shots of the lass in contrasting emotional states and chornological moments, and the role the band themselves play in the clip. It's one that makes you think, which is something I'm all about.

Oasis have done lots of performance based ones, and they have been amazing (Who Feeeeels Love, D'You Know What I Mean and Lyla are godly), but this kinda reflects the more mature Oasis we know today...and it's goood....

With this video it has better chances, but I don't think it's a very radio-friendly tune.

Well i hope it helps DOYS sell a few more

I'm Outta Time only this week entered the German charts so perhaps its a late bloomer - and its doing ok on USA radio

Falling Down will have more remix b-sides

Noels Blog
"By the way, there's gonna be a very special release coming your way soon. Remember that "Amorphous Androgynous" lot I was telling you about? Well, they've done a "Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble" mix of "Falling Down". It's 22 mins long. I'll repeat that, TWENTY-TWO MINUTES LONG!! I fully expect 50% of you not to have the attention span to deal with something like that but the rest of you, I hope, will be blown away. It's a staggering piece of music. Monumental even. All superlatives will apply."

Well, at least, this one seems interesting. If there's a Oasis song that could produce a 22 min long remix, that song is FD.

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

People power has worked
The Oasis fans backlash at the lack of b-sides has been forceful and must have reached Oasis headquarters (Noel)

We have a NEW PROPER B-side for Falling Down
I will be buying this for sure! - could be a hit now!

Oasis have confirmed the formats and extra tracks on their forthcoming single ‘Falling Down’.

The brand new Noel Gallagher-penned song 'Those Swollen Hand Blues' features in addition to various remixes of the single.

The Prodigy have twisted the track into new sonic forms whilst Marilyn Manson bassist Twiggy and Dave Sardy, who previously collaborated on a remix of 'I'm Outta Time', have created a new dance-floor filler!

Readers of Noel's 'Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere' will also be aware of the remix by Amorphous Androgynous who have delivered a 22 minute epic version of ‘Falling Down’. In a recent entry, Noel described it as, ‘A staggering piece of music. Monumental even. All superlatives will apply”.

The single is released in the UK on Monday 9th March (8th March digitally) and is taken from the band's number one album, 'Dig Out Your Soul'.

The full formats details are:

OASISINET EXCLUSIVE BUNDLE
CD Single
7" Vinyl
12" Vinyl
A set of 3 Exclusive Oasis Badges

CD SINGLE:
Falling Down - Album Version
Those Swollen Hand Blues
Falling Down - "It's the Gibb Mix" by Twiggy / Sardy
Falling Down - The Prodigy Version

7" SINGLE:
Those Swollen Hand Blues

12" SINGLE:
Falling Down - "A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Mix" by Amorphous Androgynous

DIGITAL BUNDLE 1:
Those Swollen Hand Blues
Falling Down - Demo

DIGITAL BUNDLE 2:
Falling Down - "It's the Gibb Mix" by Twiggy / Sardy Remix
Falling Down - The Prodigy Version
Falling Down - "A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Mix" by Amorphous Androgynous (Bundle Only)

DIGITAL BUNDLE 3 (iTunes exclusive):
Those Swollen Hand Blues
Falling Down - Demo
Falling Down - Video

Well, nice to hear that. But it's still bad for a band that used to put two-three new songs per single.

And I'll be pissed if Oasis doesn't release I Wanna Live In a Dream In My Record Machine SOON.

Actually, in which version of Shock this remix was released?

God, I love Primal Scream....

No idea i havent bought a single since Lord Dont Slow me Down
Cant afford to waste money on these remix's!

But FALLING DOWN i will get!

Oasis are headlining the Rock Werchter festival in Belgium this summer!

2nd july 2009

Oasis to headline Rock Werchter!

12 February 2009
Oasis announced today that they will headline the Rock Werchter festival in Belgium on Thursday 2nd July. The festival marks a triumphant return to the country for the band after their sell out date at the Forest National, Brussels in January.

Rock Werchter tickets go on sale Saturday February 14th at 9am through the following outlets:

Online:
www.rockwerchter.be
www.proximusgoformusic.be

Phone:
In Belgium: 0900 2 60 60
In Holland: 0900 45 000 45
All other countries: +32 34 00 00 34

Oasis are currently touring Western Europe. For more information on the dates, please click HERE.

'Falling Down', the band's new single is released in the UK on March 9th (March 8th digitally) but can be ordered internationally at the band's official store HERE.

Not sure who else is on the bill for all the festival but Coldplay and Metallica are there

Oasis crowned Best British Band at the NME Awards :up:

& Noel won Best Blog

Also Oasis to headline these summer festivals

Melt Festival in Germany
Roskilde in Denmark
Rock Werchter in Belgium
Benicassim in Spain

Their website is currently down as the provider for the site went bust last week so i'm having to do with their myspace page :down:

Oasis banned from China for their tour there as Noel played at a Free Tibet Concert in 1997!

But Oasis to headline V Festival in UK in August

lets hope there are no stage attacks at this V Fest!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom