OASIS - New Album(s) and all General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Their Wembley Arena concert from a few days ago was broadcasted on MTV. You can find almost all of it on YouTube. The band sounds very solid, especially when Noel is on vocals, but when his little brother opens his mouth, God. The man is so out of tune it hurts.

Liam lost his voice years ago.

I am not sure that the argument of purposeful excess can be used as a justification for the album, however. Definitely Maybe is just as bombastic in terms of subject matter, but clocks in at fifteen minutes shorter than Be Here Now. "All Around the World" would work fine if two other tracks were removed; but, as it stands, the album as a whole is a difficult listen, even if several individual songs - Don't Go Away and Magic Pie especially - are excellent.

Oh, I'm not saying it's justified. There's no way it's as good as Definitely Maybe. But despite that, it's still a good album that, with a couple of changes, would be even better. Would it reach the level of the first two? No way, but it would be solid.

About the bonus tracks for DOYS: I've only heard a few of them (and if the rest are like Jagz Kooner's remix of TSOL then this is no bad thing...) but one track I really loved was the alt. version of Waiting For The Rapture. I actually think it's a lot better than the version which ended up on the album. The Boy With The Blues and I Believe In All are both quite good too.

YouTube - Oasis - Waiting for the rapture (Alternative Version #2)

I Believe In All could've found itself a place on the album, even if it does sound quite similar to Travis' No Cigar.

I like Boy With The Blues better than I Believe In All. However, both would've fit nicely onto the album.

Gosh, this album's so good! After a month, it's still my third favourite Oasis album.

I prefer DOYS to DBTT. It feels like a more cohesive record. Noel obviously worked very hard on this one...with a clear vision of a record emphasizing the "groove" as he put it. The drums and bass really stand out on this album, in a great way. And Liam contributes the best song of his career (I'm Outta Time).

Tracks 1 thru 5 are a powerhouse. And Soldier On is a great closer.

Dig Out Your Soul B+
Don't Believe the Truth A-

Are there any fans in S.Calif. that may want to purchase my extra ticket for 12/4 at Staples Center? You'd be sitting with me :flirt: Face value = fees. Lemme know :wave:

Just listened to Dig Out Your Soul again for the umpteenth time and then Don't Believe The Truth right after! 2 excellent albums! :love: Oasis are DEFINITELY back!!! if they ever went away that is. I only know a handful of songs from SOTSOG and HC but they're all great!

Back
Top Bottom