OASIS Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
Appreciate their awesomeness. Been a while since they had a thread, and I was just listening to some songs, and thought it was time again

Oasis.jpg

I don't have all their music, probably about 3 albums worth. The first album is a MUST :drool:

song stuck in my head: Don't Go Away
though I don't think I own it :(
Just played: Live Forever

I love Oasis. I've heard a couple songs from the later albums, and I really want to get them eventually. "Definitely Maybe" and "(What's The Story) Morning Glory" are brilliant. My top 5 Oasis songs are probably
1. Don't Look Back In Anger
2. Supersonic
3. Live Forever
4. Cast No Shadow
5. Wonderwall

3 great albums (Definitely Maybe, Morning Glory, Don't Believe The Truth). The rest? Not so great. :slant:

I like all their albums. But What's The Story Morning Glory is the best.

Get excited Oasis fans cause they have a new record coming out this year. They're currently in LA mixing...

U2One said:
Get excited Oasis fans cause they have a new record coming out this year. They're currently in LA mixing...

:hyper: 2008 is looking good!

Coldplay
Weezer
REM
U2
Beck
Oasis
Supergrass

:hyper:

LemonMelon said:
3 great albums (Definitely Maybe, Morning Glory, Don't Believe The Truth). The rest? Not so great. :slant:

I would disagree. Heathen Chemistry is unfairly overlooked and almost never acknowledged as the great album that it is. But What's the Story is an absolute masterpiece.

I love Oasis! I have Definitely, Maybe and Morning Glory. Chapagne Supernova, Wonderwall, Cast No Sawdow, Rock N Roll Star, Live Forever, and Up in the Sky are my favorite Oasis songs. You know what, I can proudly say I love Blur and Oasis and the same time. Are there any other people out there who feel the same way?

Cute Irish Bono said:
I love Oasis! I have Definitely, Maybe and Morning Glory. Chapagne Supernova, Wonderwall, Cast No Sawdow, Rock N Roll Star, Live Forever, and Up in the Sky are my favorite Oasis songs. You know what, I can proudly say I love Blur and Oasis and the same time. Are there any other people out there who feel the same way?

For Blur, there aren't too many albums by them I would listen to all the way through without skipping around, but they have no bad albums. Oasis has 3 great albums that I would listen to straight through and a few lousy ones. I think both bands are great though.

I stopped paying attention after their first two albums, but I did like the first two, especially Definitely Maybe. My favorites by them are Cigarettes and Alcohol, Talk Tonight, and Don't Look Back In Anger.

They're a good band, I enjoy them at least, but are deserving of their criticisms, you know?

Sad Song is the best song they've ever done.

BonoManiac said:
Some of their B-sides are better than many bands' A-sides. :up:

"Roll Away," the song from the Supersonic E.P. is amazing! :up: Why didn't they include it on a C.D.?

BonoManiac said:
Some of their B-sides are better than many bands' A-sides. :up:

Acquiesce, Let's All Make Believe, The Masterplan, etc. Great songs all.

the tourist said:

Acquiesce, Let's All Make Believe, The Masterplan, etc. Great songs all.

Stay Young, Underneath the Sky, Rocking Chair, Let's All Make Believe, Talk Tonight, D'yer Wanna Be a Spaceman, Half the World Away... and more

My 4th favorite band ever :drool:

Definitely Maybe
Morning Glory
The Masterplan
Heathen Chemistry
Don't Believe the Truth

All brilliant albums... ridiculously melodic and catchy songs

Unlike many people's opinion, all Oasis' albums are worthy to listen. IMO, Be Here Now, Heathen Chemistry and SOTSOG are not as weak as many want it to be. On the other hand, I always found DBTT a bit overrated by its release.

Heathen Chemistry is terrible, save for a few tracks. Be Here Now is uneven and bombastic, but there's a few songs worth saving.

I enjoy Giants though, at least it's cohesive. If that came out in place of Be Here Now, I think the band would be in a different place right about now.

If they would have just saved some of those B Sides for their 3rd album I know they would've been more than "Definitely Maybe" and "Morning Glory"

HolyMeximofoJoe said:
If they would have just saved some of those B Sides for their 3rd album I know they would've been more than "Definitely Maybe" and "Morning Glory"

I've been saying that for years and years. Basically, their third album would have been a lot of what ended up on The Masterplan.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Heathen Chemistry is terrible, save for a few tracks.

Heathen is easily their most diverse album. I don't believe that there is a weak song on the album, save perhaps for Better Man. Hindu Times, Force of Nature, Songbird, and Born on a Different Cloud are classics. I suppose that I will never understand the disparaging that this album takes.

cdisantis83 said:

Heathen is easily their most diverse album. I don't believe that there is a weak song on the album, save perhaps for Better Man.

I liked Better Man. Thought it was a pretty good Liam contribution and the guitar line reminds me a little bit of Zeppelin.

cdisantis83 said:

Heathen is easily their most diverse album. I don't believe that there is a weak song on the album, save perhaps for Better Man. Hindu Times, Force of Nature, Songbird, and Born on a Different Cloud are classics. I suppose that I will never understand the disparaging that this album takes.

I love The Hindu Times, Songbird, Little by Little, and She Is Love, but I can't stand the rest. I'm glad you like it though.

the tourist said:

I've been saying that for years and years. Basically, their third album would have been a lot of what ended up on The Masterplan.

How about this for a track listing:

1. D'You Know What I Mean?
2. My Big Mouth
3. Talk Tonight
4. Acquiesce
5. Stand By Me
6. Rockin' Chair
7. Headshrinker
8. Don't Go Away
9. The Girl In The Dirty Shirt
10. Half The World Away
11. It's Getting Better (Man!!)
12. Underneath The Sky
13. The Masterplan
14. All Around The World

LemonMelon said:

How about this for a track listing:

1. D'You Know What I Mean?
2. My Big Mouth
3. Talk Tonight
4. Acquiesce
5. Stand By Me
6. Rockin' Chair
7. Headshrinker
8. Don't Go Away
9. The Girl In The Dirty Shirt
10. Half The World Away
11. It's Getting Better (Man!!)
12. Underneath The Sky
13. The Masterplan
14. All Around The World

That actually looks really good. I probably would try to cut it down to 11 or 12 though, if it'd been me in the band and save two of the "later-written" songs for a later release (maybe It's Getting Better Man and The Girl In The Dirty Shirt). What would Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants look like with those two and Fade In/Out with a bit less guitar (but keeping in the Johnny Depp guitar of Fade In/Out) and a little more electronics/piano?

the tourist said:

That actually looks really good. I probably would try to cut it down to 11 or 12 though, if it'd been me in the band and save two of the "later-written" songs for a later release (maybe It's Getting Better Man and The Girl In The Dirty Shirt). What would Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants look like with those two and Fade In/Out with a bit less guitar (but keeping in the Johnny Depp guitar of Fade In/Out) and a little more electronics/piano?

Yeah, you're right in that it is a pretty long list. Part of what ruined BHN in the first place was its ridiculous length.

If you move those three, remove Little James and maybe Where Did It All Go Wrong, and you'd have a very good album in SOTSOG, which I think has some truly fantastic moments as it is.

Back
Top Bottom