OASIS Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well Liam said on a radio interview after one of the recent gigs

I got the news from some excited USA fans on the Oasis forum

Surely they will come back sometime in 09 - they have April and May to tour Asia, AUS, NZ and SOuth America - July and AUg is free for USA and european massive gigs i hope!

Well Liam said on a radio interview after one of the recent gigs

I got the news from some excited USA fans on the Oasis forum

Surely they will come back sometime in 09 - they have April and May to tour Asia, AUS, NZ and SOuth America - July and AUg is free for USA and european massive gigs i hope!

I wonder when they'll come to Brazil. Last time they did I wasn't able to go...cause I still hated they back then :D
Fortunately, I've changed

they just announced some more Asian gigs today

I'm Sure South America will be added soon!

Hopefully 500k on the beach!

"Whatever I choose and I'll sing the blues if I want"

Oasis, fucken awesome. Noelly G is a legend.

"This is a platinum American Express card, I have one and you fucken haven't! These buy the planes we get kicked off of"

We need another B-Side album and we need Noel to release that damn solo album already.

This is why Be Here Now and the Be Here Now tour were amazing

Noel drugged up to the max = amazing live

Best Oasis intro

YouTube - Oasis - Chicago 98 - Supersonic (awesome Intro)

And best Oasis Outro - Its no coincidence that they are from 1997/98

YouTube - Oasis - Best outro ever

christ, in that Supersonic vid, Noel's guitar tone is absolutely PERFECT. 100% spot fucking on. i thought Edge was the only one who could do that. fantastic. and 10 minute Champagne = FUCK YES. everything about that gmex show, and 1997/1998 Oasis in general, is fucking classic.

My Album Rankings

1. Whats the Story Morning Glory - 10/10 - the only album i have ever come across where very song is 10/10. The best album ever made. Highlights for me are Some Might Say and Dont Look Back In Anger. I could listen to this album all day. The first CD i ever bought.

2. Defintley Maybe - 10/10. Best Debut ever made. So to top it with WTSMG shows what a genius Noel is. Oasis said they would Live Forever and they certainly will. It took me years to like Bring it on Down as it was heavier than the other songs but that too is a classic. It was great live as well.

3. Be Here Now - 10/10 - This may seem controversial to some, but when i heard Do You Know What I Mean for the first time, i was the happest guy on the planet. The title of the album says it all. It captured a moment in modern British culture where millions anticipated the release of this album. I will never forget it. Thursday 21st AUG 1997. I went to HMV with my brother, got into the queue and got the cassette. We went home and listened to the album for the rest of the day. It is a classic. A band, on top of the world making their statement that they had made it and could not care less what anyone thought of them as they had acheived their aim of becoming the greatest. Fastest selling UK album ever. 700k in 3 days!

4. Dig Out Your Soul - 9.5/10 - This is the album i was waiting for. Oasis back to putting their amps up, Liam sounding great. So many top tunes on the album. Noel is still the man as Falling Down and Waiting for the Rapture are immense and his songwriting still rules as The Shock of the Lightning is brilliant. Highlights are Falling Down, The Shock of the Lightning and Bag it Up where Liam provides his best vocal in years! So close to overtaking Be Here Now, but Be Here Now has such a sentimental meaning for me. But i would call DOYS the 5th Masterpiece. If The Nature of Reality was replaced by The Boy With the Blues, perhaps this would be ahead of Be Here Now. Nature of Reality is a 7/10 song for me, not crap, but not a classic either. Aint Got Nothing i do like.

5. Standing on the Shoulder of Giants - 9/10 - The great songs on this album make up for the 2 iffy ones. Put Your Money Where Your Mouth is and Little James are the 2 letdowns. But Gas Panic, Go Let it Out, WHo Feels Love, F-ing in the Bushes and Sunday Morning Call are all blockbusters. For people who claim all Oasis songs/albums are the same then this album disproves that.

6. Dont Believe the Truth - 8/10 - Hailed as the comeback by many. It is a good album but for me, its too acoustic. It lacks a big bite and i dislike Mucky Fingers which i think is one of Oasis's worst songs. Lyla is great, Keep the Dream Alive too, but the real masterpiece is the Importance of Being Idle. Love Like a Bomb was a bit iffy for me too.

7. Heathen Chemistry - 8/10 - By rating this as the worst Oasis album it shows for me at least, how great they are. This album has so many potential hits. The Hindu Times, Stop Crying your Heart Out, She is Love and Little by Little. The problem is for me the huge waste in the middle called A Quick Peep. The b-sides such as Thankyou For the Good TImes or Shout It Out Loud being on the album instead of A Quick Peep would have made this a 10/10. Still a quality album!

Compilations

The Masterplan- 10/10 - One of the 5 Oasis masterpieces for me. Each song is amazing. Going Nowhere is a classic and the Masterplan is one of the best songs ever made. If this was the 3rd LP Oasis would be bigger than U2 right now. But oddly, i like how the B-sides were kept like they were so that only the hardcore followers could find them. I think this album highlights why Oasis is more than the music. It is a religion. Fans will search everywhere for the hidden tracks. No wonder rare Oasis stuff sells for loads as us Oasis fans are fanatical. The attitude is a way of life which i fully believe in.

"You gotta get up off the floor and believe in life" - that is OASIS

Best band the world has ever seen!

MadFerIt, I like your style and opinions.

The Chief, Mr Noel is one hell of an underrated song writer. This guy has written tons of hits and tons of stuff casual fans will never hear. I love the demos man, Oasis need to put out the demos in some kind of release. I actually like Noel's Giants demos better than the album versions.

Noel could of gone it alone and been huge but he helped out our kid and took over, turned "The Rain" into Oasis.

The story goes that Noel had like 50 songs written before DM came out, and he is still going strong. Noel claims he has demoed the NEXT album already, what a machine.

I hope one day Noel gets the respect he fucking deserves.

Having listened to Standing on the Shoulder today

Sunday Morning Call is one of the best songs ever

Noel is a Godlike genius - the best songwriter ever

Your Top 10 Oasis tracks - impossible i know. Mine changes all the time but the onese that are always there are #'s 1, 4 & 9.

1. Do You Know What I Mean
2. Whatever
3. Dont Look Back in Anger
4. Some Might Say
5. Acquiesce
6. The Importance of Being Idle
7. Stop Crying Your Heart Out
8. The Shock of the Lightning
9. Rock n Roll Star
10. Sunday Morning Call

1. Cigarettes & Alcohol
2. Morning Glory
3. Live Forever
4. Up In The Sky
5. Champagne Supernova
6. Some Might Say
7. Talk Tonight
8. Guess God Thinks I'm Abel
9. Who Feels Love?
10. Roll With It

1. Go Let It Out
2. All Around the World
3. Up In the Sky
4. The Shock of the Lightning
5. D'You Know What I Mean?
6. Rock 'n' Roll Star
7. Lyla
8. Pass Me Down the Wine
9. Let There Be Love
10. Morning Glory

Hmmm... don't know if this is right. Maybe it needs some more thought...

I'm going to do a Top 15, in no order -

Hello
Supersonic
Live Forever
Rock N Roll Star
Wonderwall
Don't Go Away
Don't Look Back In Anger
Roll Wif It
Stay Young
Little By Little
Champagne Supernova