Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds - Who Built The Moon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dan_smee

ONE love, blood, life
IMG_6148.JPG

New album, released 24 November

Tracklist:
1. Fort Knox
2. Holy Mountain
3. Keep On Reaching
4. It's A Beautiful World
5. She Taught Me How To Fly
6. Be Careful What You Wish For
7. Black & White Sunshine
8. Interlude (Wednesday Part 1)
9. If Love Is The Law
10. The Man Who Built The Moon
11. End Credits (Wednesday Part 2)

Bonus Track:
12. Dead In The Water (Live at RTÉ 2FM Studios, Dublin)

Album trailer:
https://youtu.be/WRplVmpZCa8

It is described as an “exhilarating” collection of “placid instrumentals, hypnotic, eastern-influenced grooves, gutsy balcony-shakers and widescreen, cinematic walls of sound”

Noel says it is heavily inspired by French psychedelic.

The trailer sounds really interesting. How great is 2017 for new music???

He's finally doing that psychedelic-tinged material he kind of chickened out at the start of the decade (remember the Amorphous Androgynous collaboration?) it seems.

Sounds really interesting,quite a departure from his usual stuff.

I’m surprised there isn’t a single out yet. Strange to announce an album, then go dark for 48 hours. If it is as experimental as he is suggesting, maybe there are no real ‘singles’ there, but surely he can release some songs to iTunes to get he streaming counting to his album sales

I’m surprised there isn’t a single out yet. Strange to announce an album, then go dark for 48 hours. If it is as experimental as he is suggesting, maybe there are no real ‘singles’ there, but surely he can release some songs to iTunes to get he streaming counting to his album sales
Liams got a single out this week so perhaps avoiding a publicity clash. He recorded a video for Beautiful World a few weeks ago so it'll probably be out soon.

Takes a few listens, but it certainly is growing. Less catchy or accessible than any of the song clips you hear in the trailer, which is an interesting choice

Am a huge NG fan but this is absolute rubbish. The Best Thing is not sounding so bad in comparison.

Last edited:
This new song of his is absolute nuts, I love it!

So much better than the beige inoffensive songs he's written for the last 17 years. Cannot believe I'm saying Noel Gallagher's new single is more interesting and euphoric than U2's utterly bland offering of The Best Thing.

An absolute belter of a tune, I wish latter Oasis had done something like this.

Liam 1 Noel 0. As You Were

If your standard is “which brother put out a safe, generic, standard album worth of cookie-cutter disposal nonsense” then, sure.

I’d probably be waiting to see if Noel’s whole album is good before comparing quality.

Maybe one day MadForIt will finally listen to an album not involving either of the Gallagher brothers.

I don't even know why anyone would care about this "competition" either. Maybe the NME might care, but who else really?

Most Oasis fans are dunderheads who don't listen to anything beyond Kasabian (awful band) and Stereophonics.

Of course they're not going to like Noel's new song - it's not boring enough for them. I think it's fantastic on the other hand, a million miles better than all the plodding tripe from every Gallagher related release 2000 onwards.

Fort Knox is similar to his 90's Chemical Bro's material and She Taught me How to Fly is a grower.
New single It's a Beautiful World out today

Holy Mountain sounds better live

Fort Knox is similar to his 90's Chemical Bro's material and She Taught me How to Fly is a grower.
New single It's a Beautiful World out today

Holy Mountain sounds better live

Where’d the info about It’s a Beautiful World come from?

I hadn’t seen anything, and looks like it hasn’t happened...

Sorry I thought I’d read online that he was recoding a video for this song for release this week. Maybe a good idea to delay this week with Swift taking over the world.

He needs a new single before album comes out though. Been quiet outside UK. Heard Liam on radio in NZ before and during album release but not heard Noel once on The Rock FM or Radio Hauraki

Back
Top Bottom