Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds - Who Built The Moon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Top picks for mine:

Dead in the Water
the Man Who Built the Moon
Be Careful What You Wish For
If Love is the Law
Keep on Reaching.

Loving this album.

There doesn't seem to be the big anthems on it which is what Noel is renowned for. Not too impressed with the album but it's only been one listen and it may very well be a grower.

Another solid album from Liam's brother. If Love is the Law and The Man Who Built the Moon are early favorites.

Decent album from Liam. Not many singalongs but some interesting songs. Really like She Taught Me How to Fly and The Man Who Built the Moon.

I can see why the folk who want Noel to pretend it's still 1995 don't like this new album much- personally I do like this new stuff. Especially Beautiful World

Honestly, the more I listen, the better this gets.

So glad he is doing something different - these songs are awesome

Indeed this is a lot different from anything I've ever heard from him. Solid all around, though The Man Who Built the Moon is the clear standout IMO.

Does sound better after a few listens but it's still a disappointing record considering what Noel is capable of. Doesn't have the big tunes and the "Come Together" rip off on 'Be Careful What You Wish For" is just embarrassing. Neil Finn's new album definitely trumps Noel's latest offering imo.

Does sound better after a few listens but it's still a disappointing record considering what Noel is capable of. Doesn't have the big tunes and the "Come Together" rip off on 'Be Careful What You Wish For" is just embarrassing. Neil Finn's new album definitely trumps Noel's latest offering imo.
The album is avarage but The Man Who Built The Moon is better than anything Neil Finn has every written.

The album is avarage but The Man Who Built The Moon is better than anything Neil Finn has every written.

I could name half a dozen songs from Together Alone that's better than TMWBTM. Terrorise Me from Neil's latest album is also far superior.

I could name half a dozen songs from Together Alone that's better than TMWBTM. Terrorise Me from Neil's latest album is also far superior.
Disagree but I guess music is subjective.

Album is a grower.

Dead in the Water is a standout
She Taught me How to Fly
It’s A Beautiful World
The man who built the moon

Others need more listens to grow on me I think.

It’s different. Will take some time to adjust.

As per usual some of these songs would be better if Liam was singing them.

Re: Neil Finn. Neil is an absolute legend. But I didn’t like his latest LP other than Second Nature to be honest. Chameleon Days and There is more than one of you were ok. Preferred Dizzy Heights.

It's good that he's (finally) branched out a bit, this is a very nice listen. It's a Beautiful World and Be Careful What You Wish For are highlights for mine so far.

Probably his best solo album to date
Love is the Law is the weak song for me on this LP
Do like it the more i listen to it.

Noel 3 - Liam 1 - though i still like As You Were

But this is much better, as i knew it would be in the end. Even Holy Mountain is a grower, super catchy.

Kind of whatever about the album as a whole, but She Taught Me How to Fly has such a great groove. Reminds me of New Order a bit.

Fuck, Noel is turning into Al Pacino.

c57d0ce1a311e4deefb38759ea5dc848.jpg

I'd put my brother and Donald Trump in a pair of driverless cars and crash em into each other :lol:

Should have asked him to rate potatoes.

Last edited:
Loving the new album- liked the other two HFB albums but this is my favourite.

Back
Top Bottom