Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Noel's melodies always grow on people. You Know We Cant Go Back is brillliant.

More i listen the more i like and get past how different it is!

Shame only 3 people worldwide will buy the album or give a toss as Noel doesnt play the sucking up game like others (Dave Grohl, Chris Martin etc)

Really enjoyable album. I'd definitely put it above the debut, and I really liked the debut.

So I gave in and listened to the leak (I'm a bastard). My first impression was that this album is much weaker than the debut. My 2nd impression was a little better but I still think the debut has better songs overall. Not bad, just my overall impression after 2 listens.

So I gave in and listened to the leak (I'm a bastard). My first impression was that this album is much weaker than the debut. My 2nd impression was a little better but I still think the debut has better songs overall. Not bad, just my overall impression after 2 listens.

Would you say Mikal it's good enough for a vinyl investment?

Would you say Mikal it's good enough for a vinyl investment?

I've never owned a vinyl so I couldn't tell you. But I like the album enough that I haven't cancelled my iTunes preorder and am trying to find tickets to one of his Midwest shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reckon Dying of the Light would be in the top 10 songs Noel's ever written.

This album just doesn't seem to have a song that lives up to "If I Had A Gun", that's basically where I'm at. "You Know We Can't Go Back" comes kind of close. I'm a big fan of "The Right Stuff" too.

That's an interesting opinion, I always thought If I Had a Gun was one of the weakest on the debut, a bit of Noel on autopilot. On this one You Know We Can't Go Back is probably the weakest for me, ha.

I personally think AKA...What a Life! is the best song on the debut. Everybody's On the Run and If I Had A Gun are really, really good.

I'm going to wait until release day to listen to the new one.

I personally think AKA...What a Life! is the best song on the debut. Everybody's On the Run and If I Had A Gun are really, really good.

I'm going to wait until release day to listen to the new one.

I love that song too. And Stop The Clocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another really good album, perhaps a little better than the debut. I think I would give this one the nod because I'm a sucker for albums that end strongly and this one most certainly does. In any case, Noel is a model of consistency these days.

Highlights: Riverman, You Know We Can't Go Back, Ballad of the Mighty I.

Broken arrow my fav off the debut. After about six goes through, it's Lock All the Doors that sticks in my head longest. No weak songs though.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Very average sounding album after my second listen. If u2 had made this, people would slam them all day. I do think we hold u2 to a much higher standard than other artists.

Ballad of the Mighty and The Dying of the Light are very good tunes however.

Agreed with previous poster, quite an average album. On the Oasis forum it's getting 9 and 10/10 reviews, some calling it "flawless" - it says a lot about the state of music these days if Noel Gallagher's new album is being called flawless. I think the hype or release perhaps is the main reason.

It's decent, in places very good ('Ballad of Mighty I', 'Right Stuff') - but too many songs plod, or have good melodies tied to unimaginative arrangements.

Agreed with previous poster, quite an average album. On the Oasis forum it's getting 9 and 10/10 reviews, some calling it "flawless" - it says a lot about the state of music these days if Noel Gallagher's new album is being called flawless. I think the hype or release perhaps is the main reason.
I think it says more about those people. Not saying this isn't it a great album. I listened to it once today and it sounded pretty good.

“With him being a lyricist and a singer, he will explain to you what every f**king sentence is about. I said to him, ‘Don’t tell me what it’s about. I’ll tell you what it’s about when it’s finished’.”

I love this guy.

Yeah, it's from the article posted a couple of pages back.

That video cannot be posted enough.

"Maybe the motorbike's rushing to the radio station to say: STOP! THIS IS SHIT!"

This is good, but I'll agree with those who say it's a bit weaker than the debut. Will need to give it another listen later today.

"They think they're making fucking Apocalypse Now, but it's really a bunch of nonsense" should be the final word on music videos, ever.

Him being flabbergasted at the director so easily accepting his "suggestion" that they bury the drummer in Live Forever is hilarious.

So much gold in there.

I am enjoying this album - it is very...professional, I suppose, and it hangs together nicely with some real standouts. I love Noel, but he really is a lazy lyricist.

Back
Top Bottom