Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That clip reminds me just how much I miss Oasis. I think that Liam on vocals, with that arrogance of his, would really have made that song take off into the stratosphere. Noel's vocals are a bit too delicate at times. I'm still really excited for this album, though.

You are absolutely right, iYup and maybe have ruined the song for me in the process ;)

Such a fucking stupid title, though.

Why does it need the AKA...

The song should just be called "What A Life".

Great tune. Nice to see Noel doing something different for a change

Even though I'm still broke from the Summer-Of-Edge, my Mr. and I are flying out to Boston to see my other guitar man as a birthday present to me (my birthday is Nov 13). So excited! Especially because it's an excuse to go to Boston as well, I've never been! :up:

Even though I'm still broke from the Summer-Of-Edge, my Mr. and I are flying out to Boston to see my other guitar man as a birthday present to me (my birthday is Nov 13). So excited! Especially because it's an excuse to go to Boston as well, I've never been! :up:

I was so excited that the Boston show was on a Saturday night at a venue that I like, and then I realized that I'll be in NY that weekend for Foo Fighters.

I hadn't bothered with Wasting Light yet, although I had heard it was really good. Madforit convinced me to give it a go. :up:

But we didn't need any proof of that. Everyone has known it, always.

The dude wrote every song on their only two great albums.

And most of those songs sound better when he's singing them.

And most of those songs sound better when he's singing them.

I would have to disagree respectfully with that. Liam certainly added a key element to Oasis: the cock-sure posturing that was as much a part of the band's early albums as anything else. And he wrote some fine songs later on, specifically Songbird, The Meaning of Soul, and I'm Outta Time. But of course he is not in the same league as Noel in terms of musicianship and songwriting.

Back
Top Bottom