Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jive Turkey

ONE love, blood, life
Noel just announced his new band (Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds) and that he has 2 albums in the works. I'm sure this will be better than Beady Eye. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Track listing of album one (Due out in October)

‘Everybody’s On The Run’
‘Dream On’
‘If I Had A Gun’
‘The Death Of You And Me’
‘(I Wanna Live In A Dream In My) Record Machine’
‘AKA…What A Life!’
‘Solider Boys And Jesus Freaks’
‘AKA…Broken Arrow’
‘(Stranded On) The Wrong Beach’
‘Stop The Clocks’

I've been looking forward to Noel's first solo effort for a long time. Record Machine and Stop the Clocks were both solid tracks in their Oasis demo forms, so I'm intrigued to see them listed here.

Here's the lead single and its video:

‪Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - The Death Of You And Me‬‏ - YouTube

Hard not to immediately think of "The Importance of Being Idle" when you hear that vocal delivery, and some of the lyrical touches.

"Idle" is a damn good song, though, so he could have done worse if he's going to steal from himself.

Not a bad tune, on first listen. Not a big attention grabber either. I'll need to give it more listens, of course. I'm way more interested in this project than I ever was for Beady Eye, btw.

I haven't heard it, but I don't think I've ever seen a song of either brother reviewed without someone saying, "Well, it does sound a lot like this song..."

It's quite a pleasant song, I like it.

Decent tune.

Much like the Beady Eye I can't shake the feeling it will be a collection of songs that would have somehow meant more under the Oasis banner. Which is odd given most of my favourite Oasis tracks were Noel led.

maybe Noel is replacing Charlton Heston as the head of NRA, so that would be a great lead single to start with...
but it is a great tune, based on the soundcheck version i've heard

I cant wait for this album - It will be amazing

nowhere near as dreadful as the beady eye stuff in that thread. both of those songs are surprisingly not horrible, but nothing i need to hear a second time.

Not a bad tune, just feels like he's on cruise control. How many times has he used the same chord progressions? I feel like if his lyrics were a bit less throwaway, I'd be more forgiving of the music. I dunno, I don't hate it at all, just can't imagine ever listening to it. I was really hoping Noel would pull something special out of his bag for the solo stuff

I just knew that "Sun" was going to be the rhyme for "gun." I still love you, though, Noel.

Ha! That's exactly what I was talking about. I was even thinking to myself "don't do it. don't do it".
It could've been a great spot for a biting, profound lyric, yet he just sang what first came into his head

Back
Top Bottom