Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tumbleweed.jpg

Love Noel. But some of his songs need Liam on vocals. Takes them up a level on occasion. Still loving In the Heat of the Moment

Heh, it really references directly his jokes about music videos.

I haven't seen that much energy in the eyes though. He didn't stare at the camera like a serial killer.

been playing this off you tube...another strong track from Noel G....looking forward to the album and seeing him at RAH and the O2 in March

I've heard the album
Riverman is great
and Song Remains the Same

the rest i need a few more listens to appreciate

Lot of saxaphone solo's which is taking some getting used to

I've heard the album
Riverman is great
and Song Remains the Same

the rest i need a few more listens to appreciate

Lot of saxaphone solo's which is taking some getting used to

Nice - looking forward to it. Did you hear the bonuses? How's Revolution Song?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I love this album. It's a big step up from the last one. There are some really nice solos on this one, and the instrumentation is pretty interesting. His band is really good. It's amazing that Lock All The Doors has been around since 1992. 20 years after Morning Glory he's still releasing songs from that era! How did he write so many great songs then? I think this might be his best batch since Morning Glory, actually. I like pretty much everything he's done though.

Riverman
Lock All The Doors
The Right Stuff
While the Song Remains the Same
You Know We Can't Go Back

Those are my favorites. The only one I don't like it In The Heat of the Moment, which I think is terrible.

Nice - looking forward to it. Did you hear the bonuses? How's Revolution Song?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not heard that one yet. Only 11 tracks were offered in place I heard it. Will have to wait until I buy it for that classic

Some of the album is very poppy. And some songs are missing Liam.
Dying of the light sounds good. But slower than the demo online

First Noel written songs I haven't loved on first listen. But that's good as I'll be playing the album loads when I get it so don't want to be sick of it now

I'll wait the two weeks since I already preordered it. March is looking pretty great though between this and Modest Mouse.

First listen I am very interested. Something different, and that is always a good thing for a guy Noel's age. He's challenging himself, and the results are, if nothing else, very interesting. Can't comment on whether I love or hate it yet, but it will definitely get a lot of spins once the vinyl arrives.

Ok the one-two punch of 'The Right Stuff' and 'While the Song Remains the Same' is epic. The most immediate thing on the album for me. Classic.

Back
Top Bottom