Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bollocks, couldn't add an Adelaide show could he? :madspit:

And as an aside, reading the comments under the announcement of the side shows, the bloke who had such a good time last time, it cost him 50k in legal fees? :lol:

+1

We must kidnap him and get him to perform in my backyard. (With a triple encore of Gas Panic!)

Noel is playing with the Red Hot Chilli's at Croke Park in Dublin next summer

An odd mix i say - maybe the Chilli's were worried they weren't going to sell out the venue and needed a real star to help out

An odd mix i say - maybe the Chilli's were worried they weren't going to sell out the venue and needed a real star to help out

Yeah, because RHCP had such a hard time selling their big Irish gig the last time around.

Last time Oasis played in Ireland was in front of 110,000 at Slane Castle

I still fail to see how does this prove that RHCP "needed" Noel Gallagher to sell out their big Irish gig.

Noel was great in Auckland
if only it was another 30 mins longer

I was close to the front

Great sing along for Dont Look Back in Anger at the end - last ever song at Big Day Out Auckland!

I'm always amused by how much Noel hates Don't Look Back In Anger.

"Oy, eets jus a bunch o sheet I pulled out me arse! Who gives a fook abowt Sally anyhow? Probably that eejit Liam. Liam's a fookin twat!"

There's a quote flying around somewhere where he claims the song is completely meaningless because he was so fucked up on coke or whatever when he wrote it. It's probably on wiki.

Also, if you ever want to piss off Noel, ask him who Sally was:

"Sally does not exist. There is no Sally. It just fit the lyrics...I've never met a girl called Sally in my entire life."

I'm not a fan of the start or end of this record, but the middle section is really great. :up: I didn't know Chris Martin played w/ Noel at the Brit Awards, but it makes sense; I was thinking that What A Life could've been a Coldplay song. Feels like Noel wanted another try at the vibe of Falling Down.

Noel Gallagher has announced details of new album 'Chasing Yesterday'.

The album will be released on March 2, 2015 under the name of Noel Gallagher & The High Flying Birds. The details were announced during a Facebook Q&A in London earlier today (October 13).

In addition to the album, details of a UK arena tour were also announced with dates in London, Manchester, Glasgow, Nottingham and Belfast. Scroll down for full details.

Johnny Marr performs on the closing track, which will be the second single from the album. "He's a very enthusiastic artist and I tried to get him to play on 'What A Life', Gallagher said. "He's a truly great guitarist and he has something that nobody else has. He's amazing, a top man."

Confirming details of 'Chasing Yesterday', Gallagher said: "I've never been involved in two successful albums in a row. After '…Morning Glory?', we [Oasis] blew the one after that."

The lead single from 'Chasing Yesterday' will be 'In The Heat Of The Moment'. Speaking about the song, Noel said: "The first single was the last track to be recorded. It's called 'In The Heat Of The Moment'. Is it great? Of course it is. What does it mean, it doesn't mean anything."

The album was self-produced after Gallagher's regular producer, Dave Sardy, was unavailable to work on the record. "I enjoyed the freedom of it but not the responsibility," Noel said. "I'm used to asking people, 'What are we doing today?' and then people were asking me that question. I finished it the day after the World Cup final. I finished it early, I've been sitting on it a while, it's been burning a hole in my pocket."

'Chasing Yesterday' tracklist

'Riverman'
'In The Heat Of The Moment'
'The Girl With X-Ray Eyes'
'Lock All The Doors'
'The Dying Of The Light'
'The Right Stuff'
'While The Song Remains The Same'
'The Mexican'
'You Know We Can't Go Back'
'Ballad Of The Mighty I'

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds- In The Heat Of The Moment (Official Audio) - YouTube

Every time noël releases a new song, I laugh at Beady Eye. This is great. Already pre-ordered the vinyl with the lyric sheet.

I also ordered the first album on vinyl, apparently it was repressed at the end of last year, and won't be done again. Last chance if you want to own it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Also, bonus tracks x 4 (titles in the website) including, FINALLY, 'Revolution song'!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom