Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The opener is fantastic!

Sir Noel has delivered the goods yet again!

Record Machine is such a top tune - been listening to the demo for years and now the real deal is out

Soldier Boys and Jesus Freaks has been stuck in my head all night and in to the morning.
Love that song!

Even though I did a bad thing and d/l the album, I am 110% gonna buy this when it comes out in the US

I think its out on the 7th or 8th November in the USA

SOldier boys is so catchy!
Has to be a single

What great melodys he comes up with

Broken Arrow is a Crowded House like tune

If Noel and Neil Finn teamed up :drool::drool::drool:

Calm down, MFI. :wink:

I did manage to listen to the full album on Soundcloud yesterday, and overall, from first listen I thought it to be very good. I absolutely loved the opener, probably my favourite song of the lot.

Calm down, MFI. :wink:

I did manage to listen to the full album on Soundcloud yesterday, and overall, from first listen I thought it to be very good. I absolutely loved the opener, probably my favourite song of the lot.

Its hard to calm down when GOD turns up with top tunes

This album features the best songs Noel has released since Morning Glory.
Although my fav songs from him are on Definetly Maybe.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Good album, almost very good, but not spectacular. Noel's most consistent collection of songs since 'What's the Story...'. However there is nothing exciting enough to make it a classic.

Standouts are 'AKA... What a Life!' and 'If I Had a Gun'. No bad songs on the record.

7/10.

So, madforit, how much better is this than Beady Eye? You went batshit over Beady Eye too when others (me included) were saying it was dross.

For the record, this is pretty epic. One or two weaker songs, but Noel was always the brains, talent, and best singer in Oasis

So, madforit, how much better is this than Beady Eye? You went batshit over Beady Eye too when others (me included) were saying it was dross.

Beady Eye are still top in my eyes

But no one can touch GOD

AND Liam and Noel have been talking of a 2015 tour to play Morning Glory in full. I doubt it will happen though, but it would be amazing!

I wasn't expecting much, but some of this hearkens to the best of Don't Believe The Truth as well as ghosts of What's The Story Morning Glory, though I'd say the production is less polished than either of those albums. Parts of it really sound like they could have been recorded in the era Noel seems to hold high. A surprise to be sure. It will probably wind up in my top 10 of the year.

been playing it non-stop for days on end now!
I got 2 tickets for his tour next year...for my bro's b-day as i wont bloody be there!

There are rumours Noel will be at Big Day out in Aus and hopefully NZ next year
I'd love it if he was there

Noel and Kasabian is worth getting a ticket for!!

What is the Green Stage?
Is that the 2nd stage?

Hope he does 1 NZ side show before - rather see him on his own without all the crap at the festival

I saw Noel twice last week in Toronto. As excellent as he was at Massey Hall, I was lucky enough to see him play a small acoustic warm up show a couple of days before. The set was only 8 songs long but to see the great man up close like that was amazing.

Hearing him play Supersonic and Wonderwall up close :ohmy::up:

Where was the warmup show in Toronto? I saw him at the Danforth Music Hall a number of years ago and he played a great show

Oh cool. Just saw Twin Shadow there a few weeks back. Not a bad venue, but the sound was kinda shit. I'm about a 15 minute walk from there too

Oh cool. Just saw Twin Shadow there a few weeks back. Not a bad venue, but the sound was kinda shit. I'm about a 15 minute walk from there too

Yeah was ok venue, was my first time there. Only been in TO six months so I've yet to sample all of the music venues. Saw The Horrors at Lee's Palace last month. Wasn't bad, just a shame they have probably the least charismatic frontman of all time.

Back
Top Bottom