Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
looking forward to this album- wasn't too impressed with the frist single, but What a Life and If I Had a Gun sound great- wish I'd got tickets to see him at Hammermsith now!

The acoustic version of What a Life really shows how similar it is to other Noel tracks. The difference really is in the production. That isn't necessarily a bad thing - he writes the way he writes - but I wish he'd take more chances when it comes to production. Seemed like they might be headed that way with Standing of the Shoulder of Giants, but it never went further than that

Does anyone have any information about a US release for this album? The cost is still sitting at $25 for an "import" CD on Amazon, but I'm thinking that a standard North American release must be in the works.

Does anyone have any information about a US release for this album? The cost is still sitting at $25 for an "import" CD on Amazon, but I'm thinking that a standard North American release must be in the works.

Looks like 11/8 according to Amazon:

Amazon.com: Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds: Noel Gallagher: Music

Which is a big difference from the UK. I haven't bothered with leaks for a while, but if they are going to make me wait that long, I might say fuck them here.

Buy it you cheap bastards!!!!
(once you've listened to how great it is, i'm sure the artwork is fabulous)

Buy it you cheap bastards!!!!
(once you've listened to how great it is, i'm sure the artwork is fabulous)

I might qualify as a cheap bastard because I d/l-ed this- however I will be buying it next week- it is a really good album- and the "b-sides" are great as well

What the hell is it with Noel and great b-sides? It's almost as though the lack of expectations brings out some of his best work.

Soldier Boys and Jesus Freaks has been stuck in my head all night and in to the morning.
Love that song!

Even though I did a bad thing and d/l the album, I am 110% gonna buy this when it comes out in the US

I managed to listen to the album yesterday, it's certainly very good. The opener blows shit up big time.

Back
Top Bottom