No Age

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Found the new one really dull and lacking any engaging melodies, and I don't remember enjoying Nouns either. They're not for me, I guess. :(

I think I'm just getting really bored with whatever genre these guys are in. I can never describe it properly, but everyone does it these days. Fuzz-punk? Rockthefuckoutgaze? Listentopsychocandyonceandmakeanalbumgaze? :shrug:

Fuzz-punk? Rockthefuckoutgaze? Listentopsychocandyonceandmakeanalbumgaze? :shrug:

i was going to check it out because mofo reccomended it and i eventually get around to checking out almost everything mofo reccomends. but i am growing quite weary of that sound. i don't even know the names of any of the bands or the songs i've heard that sound like that, i just know i'm bored to tears by it and take comfort in the fact that like every other similar trend in the last 10 years that has irritated me, it too will be brief.

All of those made up genres don't in any way describe their music in my opinion, they're a noise band. There's a drummer and a guitar player, that's it (though it looks like they have some other random guy touring with them now). They're a blast live.

http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/episode/2841-no-age/2

from what LM was saying, i was expecting more of that fucking "kids" song.

i like noise. i like noises. right now it's awfully quiet here. i don't like that.

All of those made up genres don't in any way describe their music in my opinion, they're a noise band.

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I'm describing. :bvs: A lot of noise over solid but not earth-shattering melodies, with a touch of haze.

Have you listened to Sex Church, bitch?

Back
Top Bottom