Nirvana - Were They Really That Special?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kurt was a born loser

He died a loser as well

What a waste

Stuff the music - he had a wife and child and he still topped himself

Idiot

82278-1056889500.jpg

Kurt was a born loser

He died a loser as well

What a waste

Stuff the music - he had a wife and child and he still topped himself

Idiot

At least Cobain has the common sense to shoot himself before he started writing songs like Wonderwall. :wink:

And at least wonderwall inspired millions of kids to pick up the guitar for the first time and learn a tune

And Smells Like Teen Spirit didn't?

According to 911 tabs...

Smells Like Teen Spirit: 324 tabs
Wonderwall: 175 tabs

Apparently, the former was the more inspirational of the two to aspiring guitarists.

Of those people who posted each of those 324 tabs

only 2 are probably still alive

Nirvana were massive as 1) they were american and 2) they were shit
Americans like shit music and they have the power to spread it worldwide through MTV back in the day

Can someone please contact a mod to stop this trolling?

Personally, I think saying "Americans like shit music" should be grounds for a suspension, but I'm not too clear on the rules.

Nirvana were massive as 1) they were american and 2) they were shit
Americans like shit music and they have the power to spread it worldwide through MTV back in the day

That's not a complete sentence.

Even Andy Bell and Gem Archer's songs are better than anything Nirvana ever made

It was a great service to mankind Kurt killed himself

He must have just listened to some of the songs Dave Grohl had suggested for their next LP and thought

"We are so bad, there is no way out of this unless...."

Shut up man. You're gonna get yourself banned. We need more Oasis folk 'round here.

I love ya for your Oasis love, but don't get all nasty and say people dying is a good thing....

We're gonna live forever.

Oasis is about embracing life, not ending it.

Nirvana were to America what Oasis were to Brittania, making rock music for the sake of it, they are both legendary.

Although Nirvana is my least favorite of the big Seattle bands (I find Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and Soundgarden much more interesting and compelling), I still like them very much. Bleach is such a understated, brilliant debut album; Negative Creep is a classic.

MadForlt is confusing me....

He likes half what I like and hates the other half.... I'm confused. :wink:

I started it. :wave:

There is plenty of reason to at least be open to the possibility that Kurt's death wasn't what it seemed.

I agree, and fully supported the idea in your thread.

:wave:

I think maybe MadForIt could benefit by reading up on the subject.

By going far, far away to a quiet place and reading up on the subject.

Although Nirvana is my least favorite of the big Seattle bands (I find Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and Soundgarden much more interesting and compelling), I still like them very much. Bleach is such a understated, brilliant debut album; Negative Creep is a classic.

I agree with this.

Back
Top Bottom