Night Terrors of 1927

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuckyNumber7

Blue Crack Addict
So here's a new artist with an impressive sound.

Sounds similar to The Killers and The Boxer Rebellion. They just put out a new video of their single with Tegan and Sara, "When You Were Mine."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCVN5pLXoo4

But more than just the single, I think the EP, Anything to Anyone, is an absolute gem. Full album slated for mid-late January.

My guess is it's a reference to the great Mississippi River flood of 1927.

flood_map_1927.jpg

But, of course, I could be wrong :hmm:

Are they going to hop on to a different bandwagon this time or is synth pop still lucrative enough for them?

I assume they sound like the bad boxer rebellion (there are/were two), if they also remind you of the killers.

there are, or were as i have no idea whether the 2nd one is still around and/or going by that name anymore, bands that go by the name of boxer rebellion. one of them is a synth-y type lame band, and the other i seem to recall being a punk band either in the vein of old rise against or the gainsville stuff a la hot water music (i honestly can't remember, it's been ages since i listened to them). i assume that you mean the boxer rebellion band i disliked, as the one i thought was ok sounded absolutely nothing like the killers or this night terrors band.

I'm going to assume this band isn't as good or distinctive or theremin-centric as the band simply called The Night Terrors.

No, they only matter when there's multiple bands by that name and I can't keep them straight.

I can't like Diarrhea Planet. I just can't. Their music is pretty good too. But names do have some influence.

Yeah. Actually I can see that.

Imagine Dragons is a humorously fucking stupid name.

That's the only one that comes to mind.

I do find it hard to take any band seriously that has a whole sentence for a title. Like we were promised jetpacks, or bring me the horizon. "I wrote haikus about cannibalism in your yearbook" might be the exception there, though. That one is creative.

But like, Night Terrors of 1927... it's not too long. And (I think?) It makes sense. It wouldn't have the same meaning if it were just Night Terrors. One is about hardship after impact. The other is about just general hardship.

It really is an obnoxiously long name. Saying a date out loud takes like two seconds, plus the other three words. You're looking at a grand total of three seconds to say the name of the band.

Back
Top Bottom