New Tom Petty Album and "Extensive" North American Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Last week, I received an e-mail from Tom Petty & Co. that big news was forthcoming. I promptly forgot about that e-mail. But now, here I am, home sick from school, and what to my wondering eyes should appear but an email from Floridians full of good cheer:

http://click.bsftransmit2.com/ViewInBrowser.aspx?pubids=6153|71|605864&digest=X5GCoelimbjmLzCS8lVilA

2010 NORTH AMERICAN SUMMER TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT

TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS TO RELEASE NEW ALBUM, MOJO, THIS SPRING

EACH ONLINE TICKET PURCHASED COMES WITH A DIGITAL COPY OF MOJO INCLUDING TWO ADVANCE TRACKS. ONLINE TICKET BUYERS ALSO GET LIVE TRACKS FROM 2010 TOUR AT THE END OF THE SUMMER

Dear Ashley,

We are excited to announce that Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers will mount an extensive tour of North America this summer and also release their first studio album in eight years, Mojo, this spring.

The tour begins May 6 in Raleigh, NC and will take the band throughout the US and Canada all summer long. Special guests on the tour will include a mix of appearances by My Morning Jacket, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Joe Cocker, ZZ Top, and Drive-By Truckers.

Tickets for many of the shows go onsale to the public Monday March 8. Highway Companions Club presales will begin on Wednesday March 3.

Visit the tour page for cities, dates and venues. Click here for details on the new Highway Companions Club and premium ticket packages.

Mojo is Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers’ twelfth studio album and is the sound of a band making some of its most exhilarating music, over thirty years into their career.

Every online ticket purchased to the tour comes with an MP3 download copy of Mojo, delivered via email on the album’s release date, scheduled for this spring.

Upon purchasing their ticket to the tour fans will receive an email with codes entitling them to download two tracks from Mojo right away. The tracks are “First Flash Of Freedom” and “Good Enough.”

“Good Enough” is currently streaming exclusively on TomPetty.com. Click here to listen.

Plus, fans who purchase tickets online and download Mojo will also receive 8 tracks recorded during the 2010 Tour to be delivered after the tour. Members of the Highway Companions Club will receive an additional 6 live tracks for a total of 14 at the end of the tour.

More details on Mojo will be released in the coming weeks. In the meantime make sure to check out all the tour dates here!

Official Site: TomPetty.com
Official Merchandise: Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Store
Join: The Highway Companion Club
On Facebook: Facebook.com/TomPetty
On Twitter: Twitter.com/TomPettyDotCom

PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO A FRIEND.

Tour Dates...are here: http://www.tompetty.com/tour?utm_so...n=EMLTOMPTY_OS_20100225_TourAlbumAnnouncement copying this over was too difficult

The first Heartbreakers album in almost eight years, good shit. I feared this might be another solo Tom joint.

I'm going to try to make the show at the UC. One of my best friends has just recently, like within the last year, become a huge Petty fan (mostly because of me) and it'd be cool to go the show with him. Ticket prices haven't been announced yet? Or am I missing something?

When I saw him at the United Center two years ago, the tickets were like $90 and $100, I have to assume they'll be the same again :(.

Also, Gaffer, I will very likely be going to that show as well ;)

You can count on me being there too. Fuck yeah.

I'm one of those fans that wouldn't mind if the set was 95% Hard Promises and earlier. I'm a Petty curmudgeon that way. I'm more curious to hear the crowd reaction to Free Fallin' than the song itself, ditto I Won't Back Down. A few Wildflowers tracks would be a nice surprise, although it's illogical that a Heartbreakers set would load up on those.

Oh and yeah, a new album. That's cool and stuff. :up:

You can count on me being there too. Fuck yeah.

I'm one of those fans that wouldn't mind if the set was 95% Hard Promises and earlier. I'm a Petty curmudgeon that way. I'm more curious to hear the crowd reaction to Free Fallin' than the song itself, ditto I Won't Back Down. A few Wildflowers tracks would be a nice surprise, although it's illogical that a Heartbreakers set would load up on those.

Oh and yeah, a new album. That's cool and stuff. :up:

Try and remember that Full Moon Fever is a solo album as well, and it's not inexplicable. Last time I saw him, it was All Da Hitz, and he did play "You Don't Know How It Feels." Last time, he wasn't promoting a new Heartbreakers album though, just Mudcrutch, so maybe he'll try to support Mojo, but I somehow doubt it.

Try and remember that Full Moon Fever is a solo album as well, and it's not inexplicable. Last time I saw him, it was All Da Hitz, and he did play "You Don't Know How It Feels." Last time, he wasn't promoting a new Heartbreakers album though, just Mudcrutch, so maybe he'll try to support Mojo, but I somehow doubt it.

See, Rick Rubin's production sets Wildflowers apart for me. Not necessarily because it sounds significantly different, but because Jeff Lynne isn't behind it. Plus, it's so personal.

Anyway, I'm thrilled. Petty is one of those artists, like David Bowie or Paul McCartney, that seem larger than life to me because their music has had such a strong presence throughout my life. Bowie is never going to get off his sequined space ass, and McCartney wants the deed to my house in exchange for a ticket, so I gues Petty will be the first off the list.

Good Enough is a standard blues song, as is the rest of the album from the rumors I've heard. Great musicianship on that track, if blues are your thing!

I'd love to see him sometime, but doesn't look like that will happen this time.

See, Rick Rubin's production sets Wildflowers apart for me. Not necessarily because it sounds significantly different, but because Jeff Lynne isn't behind it.

Not sure why people give Jeff Lynne such a bad rap. Full Moon Fever is fantastic, and Lynne, from his days in ELO to producing numerous records, has always been a favorite of mine.

Not sure why people give Jeff Lynne such a bad rap. Full Moon Fever is fantastic, and Lynne, from his days in ELO to producing numerous records, has always been a favorite of mine.

Oh, I wasn't speaking negatively of Lynne. I do HATE the production on Full Moon Fever though. I always feel that album is fighting an uphill battle against sterility, which is a shame, because it's clearly his best batch of songs on any 80s album.

Also, ELO is great.

I saw Petty and The Heartbreakers in Jackson Hole, WY in 2003, it rained the whole time but it was a really fun concert...Looks like he won't even be getting that close to UT this time.

Excited for the new album:up:

July 15, Cininnati... I AM THERE! I have seen Petty 6 times before (99, 01, 02, 05, 06, 08), and each time is a religeous experience that surpasses all for me except U2 concerts. Though his concerts can be a bit predictable as far as being a greatest hits show, those hits are so good you don't even care. If anybody has never seen Petty live, I STRONGLY recommend it. Mike Campbell is the most underrated guitarist that ever existed. He plays to fit the songs, he's not a big showboater, but he could definitely play circles around most guitarists that top these "100 greatest guitar player" lists.

As if a Petty tour weren't enough to get excited about, that's a pretty stellar list of supporting acts. Wish they would come my way!

which of the usual large-touring-act-venues in the greater boston area is now going by the comcast center moniker?

hartford is closer, but if i'm gonna shell out that much for a ticket (which would end up being three tickets cos this is something mom and brother will go to as well, and they never paid me back for those springsteen tickets), i'd rather the opener be someone who isn't going to make me puke.

Its the former Great Woods/Tweeter Center. So pumped for that show with MMJ :drool:. This would be the third time I've seen them, twice as a support act though, but I've never seen Petty so count me in :hyper::hyper:.

Finally got my tickets, but I'm a bit nervous about the free .mp3 download of Mojo, not seeing anything about it on my receipt :huh:.

But, I bumped the thread to say there's another song from Mojo streaming on the site. "First Flash of Freedom":

Tom Petty.com Tour (it's under the map on the right)

Obviously they're really going for bluesy on this album. I think I like it?

TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS RE-ROUTE BEGINNING OF NORTH AMERICAN TOUR, WILL ADD MORE SHOWS
MOJO WILL BE RELEASED ON JUNE 15

SECOND SHOW ADDED IN PHILADELPHIA, MORE ADDITIONAL SHOWS TO COME

TOUR NOW STARTS JUNE 5th IN OAKLAND

Dear Ashley,

Due to a delay in the arrival of Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers’ new album Mojo, it was announced today that the first 10 dates of the 2010 summer tour will be rescheduled in September and October.

The album will be released on Reprise Records on June 15. The band sincerely regrets any inconvenience caused and hope fans can make the rescheduled dates which are listed below.

Additionally, the tour will add additional dates including a second show at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia on August 1 and others to be announced shortly. Further information for all additional shows including Highway Companions Club Presale information, will be announced soon, well before the show dates.

Tickets for the rescheduled concerts will be honored on the new dates. Refunds are available at the point of purchase if desired. Complete ticket, tour and on sale information is available at the tour page.

Click here to read about Mojo, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers first studio album in 8 years.

Lots more information on Mojo will follow.

All dates between June 5 and August 27 will go on as planned.

Currently rescheduled dates are listed in italics below.

Sep 16 Tampa St. Pete Times Forum (w/TBD)
Sep 18 Raleigh Time Warner Cable Pavilion at Walnut Creek (w/TBD)
Sep 19 Charlotte Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (w/TBD)
Sep 21 Dallas Superpages.com Center (w/TBD)
Sep 24 Houston Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion (w/TBD)
Sep 26 Phoenix US Airways Arena (w/TBD)
Sep 28 San Diego Cricket Wireless Pavilion (w/TBD)
Oct 01 Los Angeles Hollywood Bowl (w/TBD)
Oct 02 Irvine Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (w/TBD)

**It has not yet been confirmed whether Joe Cocker will still appear as special guest on the rescheduled shows. More details to follow on this very soon.

***For customer service inquiries relating to tickets, please contact the ticketing site here:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/customer_serve.html

Entire Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers 2010 Tour information is available at the tour page.

Sooooo glad I didn't buy my tickets for the Dallas show.

More tour news/more shows:

header_v2.jpg
title.gif

SPECIAL TOUR OPENER AT RED ROCKS ANNOUNCED!

SECOND SHOW IN PHILADELPHIA ON AUGUST 1, ONSALE NEXT WEEK!

MOJO ALBUM ART AND TRACK LIST TO BE REVEALED ON MONDAY!

Dear Ashley,

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers will return to the Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, CO for a special tour opening concert on Thursday June 3. This show is Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers’ first concert at the famed venue in 5 years and is the most intimate concert the band has booked so far in 2010.

Joe Cocker will also appear as the special guest on this show.

The June 3rd concert is Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers’ 15th* appearance at Red Rocks and comes almost 30 years to the day after their first show there on June 9, 1980 during the Damn The Torpedoes Tour.

Highway Companions Club presales for the June 3, 2010 show begin Tuesday April 27 at 10am MST and tickets will be available to the general public beginning Friday April 30 at 10am MST. Check the tour page for all ticketing details.

As always, each ticket purchased to the 2010 Tour includes a download of the new album Mojo sent to you on its June 15 release date, plus eight live tracks to be recorded during the tour.

Ticketholders are also entitled to download two tracks from Mojo immediately; “First Flash of Freedom” and “Good Enough.”

If you have already bought a ticket to the tour but have not yet redeemed your Mojo tracks, click here!

The previously announced 2nd show at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia is also going onsale next week! This show will take place on Sunday August 1 and will feature special guest Buddy Guy.

Highway Companions Club presales for the August 1 show in Philadelphia begin Tuesday April 27 at 10AM EST and tickets will be available to the general public beginning Saturday May 1 at 10AM EST. Check the tour page for all ticketing details.

The cover art and track listing for the new album Mojo will be revealed on TomPetty.com this Monday April 26. Make sure to stop by and check it out!

Mojo will be released June 15 on Reprise Records.

* Oops! We previously said the upcoming Red Rocks show would be the band’s 14th at the venue, but we missed a show. It's actually their 15th!

Open.aspx

Mojo is going to begin streaming online tomorrow at espn.com of all places. The tour has begun, and the setlists are...interesting.

Hell yeah.

I was thinking about bumping this the other day. I've heard about 5 or so songs off the record. I like what I've heard of "I Should Have Known It" and "Something Good Coming." And "Good Enough" is...good enough. HAhaha.

Anyway, I'll be hitting up that stream. Thanks for the scoop. I will say that the overall vibe of the new material is not exactly what made me fall in love with Petty in the first place, but I'll wait to hear the whole thing before passing final judgment.

Also, never did buy tickets to the show at the UC. It looks like I can pull up two 300 level seats for about $60 each. I don't know. Decisions, decisions. If I can find a way to stumble into some money, it will be an easy decision.

Poo. Wish I'd known about this sooner-they'll be in St. Paul on June 22nd, but there's no way I'll be able to get tickets for it right now :(. Hopefully they'll come back sometime down the line. I've never seen Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, I'd love to catch them live.

Heard a couple of the new songs when they performed on "SNL" a few weeks ago. Not too bad, I rather liked them. Will have to check out the rest of the stuff online, definitely.

Also, I know this discussion's a few months old, but I just want to say that Wildflowers=awesomeness. One of my all-time favorite albums by anybody. Course, I heard a lot of the songs from it on the radio when I was a kid, so maybe that adds to the soft spot I have for the album.

Angela

That's where me and The Melon are sitting, commmmeeeee GAF.

I stopped at the two tracks I was given free with my ticket purchase, I can wait til tomorrow to hear the rest of the album. (Well, I get the whole album free with the ticket purchase, this was a tide you over kind of thing)

Also, I know this discussion's a few months old, but I just want to say that Wildflowers=awesomeness. One of my all-time favorite albums by anybody. Course, I heard a lot of the songs from it on the radio when I was a kid, so maybe that adds to the soft spot I have for the album.

Angela

Wildflowers :love:!

What section are y'all in? If I pull the trigger on tickets, I'll try to get as close to there as possible so that I can buy you guys $9 beers (or get you guys to buy me $9 beers).

Also, I just looked at a couple of the recent set lists. Me likey.

Listen to Her Heart! :heart:

Section 308. Mmm $9 beer.

EDIT: As for the setlists, I am pretty dang excited about "You Wreck Me" for whatever reason. Hope that one sticks around.

Back
Top Bottom