New Tom Petty Album and "Extensive" North American Tour - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2010, 11:09 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 02:18 AM
As if a Petty tour weren't enough to get excited about, that's a pretty stellar list of supporting acts. Wish they would come my way!

Old 02-27-2010, 12:08 AM   #17
She's the One

Local Time: 06:18 PM
Well, the dates don't work well, and neither do the venues. Dang.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:24 AM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:18 PM
which of the usual large-touring-act-venues in the greater boston area is now going by the comcast center moniker?

hartford is closer, but if i'm gonna shell out that much for a ticket (which would end up being three tickets cos this is something mom and brother will go to as well, and they never paid me back for those springsteen tickets), i'd rather the opener be someone who isn't going to make me puke.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:18 PM
Its the former Great Woods/Tweeter Center. So pumped for that show with MMJ . This would be the third time I've seen them, twice as a support act though, but I've never seen Petty so count me in .
Old 04-09-2010, 11:54 PM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor

Finally got my tickets, but I'm a bit nervous about the free .mp3 download of Mojo, not seeing anything about it on my receipt .

But, I bumped the thread to say there's another song from Mojo streaming on the site. "First Flash of Freedom":

Tom Petty.com Tour (it's under the map on the right)

Obviously they're really going for bluesy on this album. I think I like it?
Old 04-16-2010, 05:32 PM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS RE-ROUTE BEGINNING OF NORTH AMERICAN TOUR, WILL ADD MORE SHOWS
Quote:

MOJO WILL BE RELEASED ON JUNE 15

SECOND SHOW ADDED IN PHILADELPHIA, MORE ADDITIONAL SHOWS TO COME

TOUR NOW STARTS JUNE 5th IN OAKLAND

Dear Ashley,

Due to a delay in the arrival of Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers’ new album Mojo, it was announced today that the first 10 dates of the 2010 summer tour will be rescheduled in September and October.

The album will be released on Reprise Records on June 15. The band sincerely regrets any inconvenience caused and hope fans can make the rescheduled dates which are listed below.

Additionally, the tour will add additional dates including a second show at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia on August 1 and others to be announced shortly. Further information for all additional shows including Highway Companions Club Presale information, will be announced soon, well before the show dates.

Tickets for the rescheduled concerts will be honored on the new dates. Refunds are available at the point of purchase if desired. Complete ticket, tour and on sale information is available at the tour page.

Click here to read about Mojo, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers first studio album in 8 years.

Lots more information on Mojo will follow.

All dates between June 5 and August 27 will go on as planned.

Currently rescheduled dates are listed in italics below.

Sep 16 Tampa St. Pete Times Forum (w/TBD)
Sep 18 Raleigh Time Warner Cable Pavilion at Walnut Creek (w/TBD)
Sep 19 Charlotte Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (w/TBD)
Sep 21 Dallas Superpages.com Center (w/TBD)
Sep 24 Houston Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion (w/TBD)
Sep 26 Phoenix US Airways Arena (w/TBD)
Sep 28 San Diego Cricket Wireless Pavilion (w/TBD)
Oct 01 Los Angeles Hollywood Bowl (w/TBD)
Oct 02 Irvine Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (w/TBD)

**It has not yet been confirmed whether Joe Cocker will still appear as special guest on the rescheduled shows. More details to follow on this very soon.

***For customer service inquiries relating to tickets, please contact the ticketing site here:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/customer_serve.html

Entire Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers 2010 Tour information is available at the tour page.

Sooooo glad I didn't buy my tickets for the Dallas show.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:10 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

More tour news/more shows:

Quote:

SPECIAL TOUR OPENER AT RED ROCKS ANNOUNCED!

SECOND SHOW IN PHILADELPHIA ON AUGUST 1, ONSALE NEXT WEEK!

MOJO ALBUM ART AND TRACK LIST TO BE REVEALED ON MONDAY!

Dear Ashley,

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers will return to the Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, CO for a special tour opening concert on Thursday June 3. This show is Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers’ first concert at the famed venue in 5 years and is the most intimate concert the band has booked so far in 2010.

Joe Cocker will also appear as the special guest on this show.

The June 3rd concert is Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers’ 15th* appearance at Red Rocks and comes almost 30 years to the day after their first show there on June 9, 1980 during the Damn The Torpedoes Tour.

Highway Companions Club presales for the June 3, 2010 show begin Tuesday April 27 at 10am MST and tickets will be available to the general public beginning Friday April 30 at 10am MST. Check the tour page for all ticketing details.

As always, each ticket purchased to the 2010 Tour includes a download of the new album Mojo sent to you on its June 15 release date, plus eight live tracks to be recorded during the tour.

Ticketholders are also entitled to download two tracks from Mojo immediately; “First Flash of Freedom” and “Good Enough.”

If you have already bought a ticket to the tour but have not yet redeemed your Mojo tracks, click here!

The previously announced 2nd show at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia is also going onsale next week! This show will take place on Sunday August 1 and will feature special guest Buddy Guy.

Highway Companions Club presales for the August 1 show in Philadelphia begin Tuesday April 27 at 10AM EST and tickets will be available to the general public beginning Saturday May 1 at 10AM EST. Check the tour page for all ticketing details.

The cover art and track listing for the new album Mojo will be revealed on TomPetty.com this Monday April 26. Make sure to stop by and check it out!

Mojo will be released June 15 on Reprise Records.

* Oops! We previously said the upcoming Red Rocks show would be the band’s 14th at the venue, but we missed a show. It's actually their 15th!

Old 04-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #23
Refugee

Local Time: 09:18 PM
We're going to the SPAC (Saratoga Performing Arts Center) show with Crosby, Still and Nash as the warm-up. Should be lots of fun!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:33 PM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Mojo is going to begin streaming online tomorrow at espn.com of all places. The tour has begun, and the setlists are...interesting.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:51 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:18 PM
Hell yeah.

I was thinking about bumping this the other day. I've heard about 5 or so songs off the record. I like what I've heard of "I Should Have Known It" and "Something Good Coming." And "Good Enough" is...good enough. HAhaha.

Anyway, I'll be hitting up that stream. Thanks for the scoop. I will say that the overall vibe of the new material is not exactly what made me fall in love with Petty in the first place, but I'll wait to hear the whole thing before passing final judgment.

Also, never did buy tickets to the show at the UC. It looks like I can pull up two 300 level seats for about $60 each. I don't know. Decisions, decisions. If I can find a way to stumble into some money, it will be an easy decision.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Poo. Wish I'd known about this sooner-they'll be in St. Paul on June 22nd, but there's no way I'll be able to get tickets for it right now . Hopefully they'll come back sometime down the line. I've never seen Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, I'd love to catch them live.

Heard a couple of the new songs when they performed on "SNL" a few weeks ago. Not too bad, I rather liked them. Will have to check out the rest of the stuff online, definitely.

Also, I know this discussion's a few months old, but I just want to say that Wildflowers=awesomeness. One of my all-time favorite albums by anybody. Course, I heard a lot of the songs from it on the radio when I was a kid, so maybe that adds to the soft spot I have for the album.

Angela
Old 06-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #27
Blue Crack Distributor

That's where me and The Melon are sitting, commmmeeeee GAF.

I stopped at the two tracks I was given free with my ticket purchase, I can wait til tomorrow to hear the rest of the album. (Well, I get the whole album free with the ticket purchase, this was a tide you over kind of thing)
Old 06-08-2010, 12:02 AM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Also, I know this discussion's a few months old, but I just want to say that Wildflowers=awesomeness. One of my all-time favorite albums by anybody. Course, I heard a lot of the songs from it on the radio when I was a kid, so maybe that adds to the soft spot I have for the album.

Angela
Wildflowers !
Old 06-08-2010, 12:06 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

What section are y'all in? If I pull the trigger on tickets, I'll try to get as close to there as possible so that I can buy you guys $9 beers (or get you guys to buy me $9 beers).

Also, I just looked at a couple of the recent set lists. Me likey.

Listen to Her Heart!
Old 06-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #30
Blue Crack Distributor

Section 308. Mmm $9 beer.

EDIT: As for the setlists, I am pretty dang excited about "You Wreck Me" for whatever reason. Hope that one sticks around.

Tags
mojo, the heartbreakers, tom petty