new sugababes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, wrong forum. my mistake. please move to the right place.

many thanks, and apologies.

Girls Aloud Fan will be thrilled to see that someone started this thread.

I haven't heard the song yet. Will fix that post haste.

Very possibly my favorite single of the year. It is absolutely brilliant. In every sense of the word. One of those pop moments where the song hits you the first time and you say "What the fuck was that?" and by the third listen you're hooked. Not unlike another lead single by a similar pop band in 2007 with the word 'sexy' in it.

God damn it is wonderful. Go ahead toast it up.

If I had a dime
For every single time
These boys stop and stare
i'd be a billionaire

I have been approached by the publishers of a well-respected music magazine to compose an essay on the history and cultural relevance of 21st century pop music in the United Kingdom.

The essay will be very Aloud/Xenomania-centric, as it should be, seeing as they were and are the saviors and still-reigning kings of the genre, but I have no doubt that "Get Sexy" will feature prominently on one of the pages.

What a devastatingly ballsy and brilliant comeback single by a pop band that many thought to be dead in the water. Bravo Sugababes.

Very possibly my favorite single of the year. It is absolutely brilliant. In every sense of the word. One of those pop moments where the song hits you the first time and you say "What the fuck was that?" and by the third listen you're hooked. Not unlike another lead single by a similar pop band in 2007 with the word 'sexy' in it.

God damn it is wonderful. Go ahead toast it up.

If I had a dime
For every single time
These boys stop and stare
i'd be a billionaire

It's not as good as this:

YouTube - Girls Aloud - The Loving Kind [Official Music Video][HQ]

Traitor.

I prefer Untouchable to The Loving Kind, but The Promise is 500 kinds of awesome. It took me a while to come around to it, but I finally did.

I heart Nicola from Girls Aloud.

:up:

She's probably one of my 10 favorite people on Earth. Although she might not be from Earth. Legend.

And I know you were kidding with this but I would like to clarify that, although I think "Get Sexy" is an incredible comeback single, nobody will ever replace the Aloud in my heart. I actually alluded to it earlier in the thread that they are still the overlords of pop music.

And I don't count The Loving Kind as a 2009 song since it first appeared on the album in November of '08.

I prefer Untouchable to The Loving Kind, but The Promise is 500 kinds of awesome. It took me a while to come around to it, but I finally did.

The album version of Untouchable is easily one of the best things Xenomania has ever produced, and I've been known to uncontrollably dance/cry/shake/pass out when Nadine comes in with her bit at the 5 minute mark.

The album version of Untouchable is easily one of the best things Xenomania has ever produced, and I've been known to uncontrollably dance/cry/shake/pass out when Nadine comes in with her bit at the 5 minute mark.

You crack me up. I will be a very sad panda if I don't get to meet you in Chicago.

How many threads has it been where someone wants to talk about Sugababes, and talk turns to Girls Aloud immediately? :lol:

I have all the Sugababes CDs except the last one (which I will buy, just haven't gotten around to it yet), and there's usually one or two songs on it I really love, and the rest leaves me a bit unimpressed.

Sugababes are awesome - however I fel their record label really dropped the ball with 'Catfights and Spotlights' - 'Unbreakable Heart' was a monster hit in the making and they went with 'No Can Do' as the second single? Crazy! 'Unbreakable Heart' got mentions in Spin and Rolling Stone as one of the top tracks of the year. 'Side Chick', 'Every Heart Broken', 'You On A Good Day'... so many killer pop tracks. Madness.

Back
Top Bottom