new Strokes album, and Rattle & Hum homage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Room on Fire quite a bit. Their third album had a few great songs, but admittedly wasn't fantastic overall. They've had quite a bit of time to work through some ideas for this album, I think it's still worthy of getting at least a little excited about the possibility of them giving us another good record.

Realistically, they've written as many "good" albums as Oasis, so I guess that comparison is slightly true.

Check out the image:

Pitchfork: Watch the Strokes Recording New LP

:wink:

I can't really tell if this was Strokes-sanctioned, or just something that a Pitchfork design editor came up with. Either way, good stuff :applaud:

The image is "Strokes-sanctioned" but, again, not everything has to be brought back to U2.

The Strokes are like the U.S. version of Oasis.

What? I'm sorry, but that's an awful comparison. What similarities do you see between the groups?

Just because you have some personal vendetta against both the Gallaghers and Julian Casablancas, doesn't mean their respective bands are at all comparable.

The image is "Strokes-sanctioned" but, again, not everything has to be brought back to U2.

It didn't remind me of U2 in the least, personally. Then again, 99.99999999% of what U2's done has been far from original themselves. So yeah, whatevs.

It didn't remind me of U2 in the least, personally. Then again, 99.99999999% of what U2's done has been far from original themselves. So yeah, whatevs.

Oh, but it's a direct reference... you've seen the R&H poster that the Strokes image on that URL is based on, right? (Lest I be accused of starting threads based on weird free associations! :wink: )

What? I'm sorry, but that's an awful comparison. What similarities do you see between the groups?

Just because you have some personal vendetta against both the Gallaghers and Julian Casablancas, doesn't mean their respective bands are at all comparable.

Yeah, Laz is way off the mark: Oasis made two great albums, and The Strokes only made one.

Meh, I'd take Room on Fire over either of the "good" Oasis albums at this point.

I like Room on Fire quite a bit. Their third album had a few great songs, but admittedly wasn't fantastic overall. They've had quite a bit of time to work through some ideas for this album, I think it's still worthy of getting at least a little excited about the possibility of them giving us another good record.

so, they're great sigles makers, well, is the way I see The Strokes, their singles are really catchy

and, you poor boy, hope die last, uh? nah, maybe someday they will surprise me again... maybe

LOL @ LemonMelon

I don't understand the comparison to Oasis at all. And I like both bands.

He was joking around, to some extent at least.

I listened to First Impressions of Earth this afternoon to spite you all. I choose to live my life as a rebel.

I just wanted to make the statement that I think both are overrated

but I'm with you in this one, I prefer The Strokes just by a little

Anyway, really looking forward to this album as I really enjoy each of the previous albums by The Strokes. Love those guitars and vocals.

Back
Top Bottom