new Strokes album, and Rattle & Hum homage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meh, I'd take Room on Fire over either of the "good" Oasis albums at this point.

I really do enjoy Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory, but I'd probably agree with this. Is This It is my #1 album of 2000s, and Room On Fire is somewhere in the Top 20. I listened to that album on nonstop repeat for the first couple months after it was released. Very fun record.

i think the drummer from this band has also drummed for Har Mar Superstar :barf:

He has, and he's also banged Drew Barrymore and half of the Lower East Side of Manhattan. Fabrizio is a stud. At the only Strokes concert I've been to, by the end of the set he was wasted and did a crazy flip off of his drumkit in between the final songs, and came out and high fived a bunch of the people in the first couple rows. It was sweet. And the side project he released in 2008, called Little Joy, was fantastic.

I listened to First Impressions of Earth this afternoon to spite you all. I choose to live my life as a rebel.

What did you think? Favorite songs? Just like Room On Fire, that record was in huge rotation for me when it arrived. I think all the singles are very cool (Juicebox, You Only Live Once, Heart In A Cage). Ask Me Anything is so unlike anything the band has done, and I love it. Ize of the World might be the best track on the album...an excellent lyrical idea from Jules and that solo is sick. Evening Sun and Razorblade are lovely. And Red Light was my jam for a while. "The sky is not the limit and you're never gonna guess what is..." Such a cool closing line for the album. I guess I'm biased and just really love Julian's sort of alcoholic-philosopher lyrics and the delivery of them.

Take the lyric to On The Other Side for example. I wish I wrote that. To use a cliche, it speaks to me.

Anyway, really looking forward to this album as I really enjoy each of the previous albums by The Strokes. Love those guitars and vocals.

Yeah, my defense of the band aside, bottom line is I can't wait for this shit. It's definitely one of my most highly anticipated of the year at this point. And that video of them in the studio was hilarious. "Nikolai broke the zoom!"

He has, and he's also banged Drew Barrymore and half of the Lower East Side of Manhattan. Fabrizio is a stud. At the only Strokes concert I've been to, by the end of the set he was wasted and did a crazy flip off of his drumkit in between the final songs, and came out and high fived a bunch of the people in the first couple rows. It was sweet. And the side project he released in 2008, called Little Joy, was fantastic.

sounds like a bit of a sick cunt. :up: that's awesome.

i've never heard Is This It?. there's so much music i want to listen to, just so little time..

Back
Top Bottom