new placebo has leaked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm 10 tracks in now, and I really enjoy this. It sort of has the structure and sound of the first album wrapped up with bits of Sleeping With Ghosts and a much more mature lyrical approach. And Brian sounds wonderful.

I found it on soulseek, but I lucked out. Subsequent searches have been less fruitful. I may upload these to you send it later, but they're only 128k, just so you know. It doesn't really matter as I'll be buying the damn thing the day it comes out anyway, but the quality isn't perfect.

I have now sadly discovered that the final track is incomplete in the form I have. But the torrent is 10 percent away and will hopefully pick up.

Yeah. I don' find so many big standout tracks as I do on their other albums, but at the same time, I think it's their most consistent album yet. I've listened to it about 6 times now, and every time I like it more. I would still like to know what the album would have sounded like if the producer hadn't pushed them in this direction. I read an interview where Brian said they were encouraged to make it more raw and less electronic, but what I hear when I listen is basically Placebo using the electronic element of their music a lot more wisely than they did on Sleeping With Ghosts, which went awry from time to time. As much as I like "I Do" from the singles collection, I don't know if an entire album like that would have worked for them. It's something I'd still like to see them work with, but perhaps in increasing increments from here rather than a whole disc.

lmjhitman said:
check your gmail, JintheB. :sexywink:

thanks to you UnforgettableLemon too! I got them...

it's curious, because "in the cold light of the morning" is the name of an album I've been looking for the past weeks, by Dream City Film Club, a goth (or kind of) band of the 90s, according what I know... Placebo collaborated with them sometime

Back
Top Bottom