new placebo has leaked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
has anybody pointed out yet that brian molko's voice sounds exactly the same as pet shop boys's neil tennant?

its almost like neil tennant jumped genres and sang to guitar driven late 90s alternative rock instead of synthesizers

Jesus. I just turned to my boyfriend and said, "How out of the loop am I? Placebo has a new album coming out and I know nothing about it! Oh, wait. This thread's from 2006..."

And for what it's worth, as a huge fan of both Placebo and Pet Shop Boys, Brian and Neil sound nothing alike.

They have a new album already?? :hyper:

Oh :wink:

Acutally, they are working on their new album with their new drummer, Steve Forrest, and they should be finished by October or November, so *Fitz crosses his fingers* hopefully the new album at the latest next spring. :hyper: :yippie:

Jesus. I just turned to my boyfriend and said, "How out of the loop am I? Placebo has a new album coming out and I know nothing about it! Oh, wait. This thread's from 2006..."

:lol: I just did had the exact same reaction for about two seconds and then I went Oh yeah, I just found out a couple days ago that they're still working on the new album.. :lol:

And for what it's worth, as a huge fan of both Placebo and Pet Shop Boys, Brian and Neil sound nothing alike.

:up: I completely agree. :yes: They may sound vaguely similar, but really even that is a stretch in my opinion. Two very separate and distinct singers and styles of delivery.

Acutally, they are working on their new album with their new drummer, Steve Forrest, and they should be finished by October or November, so *Fitz crosses his fingers* hopefully the new album at the latest next spring. :hyper: :yippie:

:up:

Thanks, I knew they were working on a new album, but for a second there I thought they must have pulled a Racontures on us!

Bumping ancient threads isn't all bad. It's been a long time since I've listened to Meds, and this thread reminded me. Think I'll give that record a spin. :up:

This thread brings me shame. Meds is one of, like, three leaks I downloaded in my life and then I never bought it. This thread needs to sink and disappear and we should start a new Placebo thread.

And I should listen to Meds again. I liked it at first but never fell in love with it.

Don't worry, joyful. I own enough copies of Meds for the both of us. :hug:

But yeah. New Placebo thread time. This one is past its prime. :down:

Me, too. I still have to get Without You I'm Nothing. That's apparently "the one," right?

Me liking Placebo is entirely your fault, you know. :D :hug:

:up:

I like being blamed for this! :p

Me, too. I still have to get Without You I'm Nothing. That's apparently "the one," right?

:yes: I love all their records, but this one has some classics on it, as Fitz mentioned. Burger Queen, Every You Every Me, Without You I'm Nothing, Scared of Girls, and Allergic are my favorites. I've heard them play Allergic live a couple times now, and each time I turn into a screaming fangirl. :hyper: :love: :combust:

Yeah, now that I think about that record, I'd say definitely pick it up. :heart: Not to overhype it, because everyone has their favorite songs, but it's a defining album for Placebo.

Back
Top Bottom