New Mute Math album in the works

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coemgen

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I've heard it could be out in September. I can't wait.

Here's the verbal status: A March 13, 2008 interview with the OC Register quotes Paul Meany in reference to their new album, saying "Our goal is to embarrass the first record, that's what we're trying to do here, and I think we're on point to pull it off."

Here's the video footage (even though it only gives a small taste of what's to come):

YouTube - Mute Math Studio Vlog: Lavatory Loops

YouTube - Mute Math Studio Vlog: Track 01: Drum Delay

YouTube - Mute Math Studio Vlog: Track 02: HYPERBASS

Watch for updates at MySpace.com - MUTE MATH - New Orleans, Louisiana - Alternative / Rock / Experimental - www.myspace.com/mutemath

I know. I've played that a ton tonight. They just posted it.

I can't stand the teasing with these backing tracks and loops. I need to hear a full song already . . .

Lavatory Loops really sounds like it could be the basis for a new song in the style of Reset- jazzy jammy and really cool:rockon:

Sounds good.

Just saw in the paper today they're playing at something called the Download Festival at Gibson Amphitheater on July 20 here in LA. Hopefully some dates on their own will follow.

I can't believe it's been 13 months since I saw them (with The Cinematics opening)! They are absolutely phenomenal, and are in my top 20 favourite artists.

We've got a title for the new album.

Armistice

Fans may get excited, because "Armistice" was (probably) completed for the final time about two weeks ago. The name of the album refers to the battles the band members fought to create something they were all proud of.

"Armistice refers to a cease-fire," King said. "It came from us working together and learning how to do that.

Awesome. I love it. It points to them laying down their arms in respect to something bigger going on. Sounds like a Mute Math title to me. :up::up::up:

And here it is — "The Nerve":

- MUTEMATH // ARMISTICE // AUGUST 18 -

Funky. They sound more like a band. Like a U2 band.

This hit the Web earlier:

MUSIC NEWS - We're told New Orleans-based eclectic/innovative rockers, MUTEMATH has just completed their second full-length album for Teleprompt/Warner Bros. Records entitled “ARMISTICE.” Recorded in New Orleans and Oxford, MS and produced by Dennis Herring (Elvis Costello, Modest Mouse, The Hives), the record is scheduled for release on August 18. Title list has been leaked out-

MUTEMATH ARMISTICE Song titles :

1. The Nerve
2. Backfire
3. Clipping
4. Spotlight
5. No Response
6. Pins and Needles
7. Goodbye
8. Odds
9. Electrify
10. Armistice
11. The Lost Year
12. Burden

Running almost 50 minutes in total, Mutemath apparently won't be playing it safe on their sophomore release. With a stunning range of dynamics, “ARMISTICE” boasts the kind of masterful production and songwriting that puts it in good position to be one of the year's standout albums. Expect to hear this album very soon. More details to be revealed shortly. Keep en eye on their site, Mutemath.com for future announcements, tour dates, merch, special offers and much more.

Sounded alright, but didn't necessarily grab me. But that was just one listen. Might be a grower.

Yes. Give it a few more listens and consider the fact that it's the opening track. Not all opening tracks are singles, they kind of . . . open the album and set the mood. In that case, this one excites me. I'm guessing the second song just kicks all ass. You can feel this one build up to something bigger.

Back
Top Bottom