New Manic Street Preachers Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[tumbleweed]

After about 3 full listens, safe for me to say that I can include this new one in my top half of MSP albums. There's no obvious weakness/filler, at no point does the album feel like dragging and most importantly, given the circumstances and their age, to release something as adventurous as this for a 12th album is pretty impressive in my eyes.

Where is HG?

[tumbleweed]

been playing the album alot, as someone who likes Lifeblood am happy to hear the keyboards back again.

I also like that they're not trying to recreate ADFL for the Nth time

other than SPLAM and Myakoski it's a fine album

[dodges tumbleweeds]

Hey there. I've been traveling around all summer (first in Costa Rica and currently in Mexico), so I've been a bit out of touch with things. I can see on Twitter that the new record is receiving some fine reviews, but how to legally get my hands on this record and hear it, I've no idea. I'll go back and watch the videos posted here when I've got more time. Just wanted to say hi from Mexico. And oh yeah--the Manics did a quick tour of the States in 2009 and I was lucky enough to see them in Los Angeles, so they have definitely been in the US since the 90s. That said, yeah, it is hard as hell to acquire their newest records stateside.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

They're touring The Holy Bible in full in the US in April. Shows in DC, New York, Boston, Chicago and Toronto for Canadians.

MANICS_US-tour-artwork_V2_3.jpg

Been trying to figure out a way to get to one of these shows, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

So I'll expect full reports from those of you who get to go. What incredible shows these are gonna be.

Feels incredibly weird to me that it's nearing 4 years since the last album - pleasantly surprised by this new album announcement.

[TWEET]931446855854063616[/TWEET]

First single is out. :rockon: Very 'classic' sound, which is more or less understandable after Rewind the Film and Futurology. There's plenty to come back to on this one.

[TWEET]938923204445462528[/TWEET]

Calling GAF, HG etc.

Last edited:
Hey hey hey :wave:

I don't have Apple Music, but I did listen to the 30 second clip of the song. Let's be real. It could be 30 seconds of static, and I'd be like, this album's gonna be a banger.

Genuinely excited for this record. I need to get back into listening to the Manics. I have missed them.

Huh I guess they had a new album come out in April.

Has anyone heard it?

Last edited:
I just realized last night that the album was out, but I haven’t listened yet. Was going to come here and bump this thread, haha. :up:

Well, I'll head over to Spotify and report back :)

Last edited:
Really feeling this. The opening track "People Give In" is immediately satisfying and sounds like it could fit right in on EVERYTHING MUST GO.

Finally had time to sit and listen to this record with intent. Here are my first impressions.

-Unlike gaf, I was 0% into the opening track.
-There are lots of cool melodies here, along with some interesting rhythms and cadences. Sean on drums sounds especially strong.
-JDB’s voice has not lost a single iota of its power and brilliance over the years. Mostly this record has him singing with a little grit, but there are a few pretty, more delicate moments too.
-I preferred the second half of the record, and the song “Dylan and Caitlin” is where I started to feel like this was an album I could support. It’s a lovely duet, and James’s voice pairs well with that of Catherine Anne Davies. (I know that makes him sound like a wine, but I don’t know how else to say it.)
-It heartens me to hear James’s guitar playing in the foreground of these songs. I wish The Edge would break out a few solos these days, but James fills that void. His guitar work is a highlight here for me.
-The final five tracks are a strong finish.
-Y’all know I love when Nicky sings, and listening to the album the first time through, I’m always waiting...will this song have his voice? To make it to the final track and hear his voice begin to sing...I am a sucker for his vocals every time. I think it’s one of his better performances objectively speaking, and he needs to be the one singing those lyrics.

That’s all from me for now. Hope some of y’all will give it a go too. It’s well worth your time if you’re a Manics fan who’s stuck with them this far.

Back
Top Bottom