New Interpol!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm waiting since I've heard the quality is a rip of a stream. not interested in hearing an album that way for the first time

Apparently this is a different leak, but I'm telling you from what I heard the original leak was pretty much like listening to a U2 live feed.

Interholes,

Pitchfork has some new "POV Concert Series" up for Interpol. You can change the camera angles at will and stuff. It has 4 tracks, 3 of which are from the new album:

Pitchfork: POV Concert Series

I'm quite excited for the new album next week. :up:

Thanks for the link :up: If you're interested, there is one up for the Walkmen too. Its really quite awesome... should probably put it in the proper thread

Thanks for the link :up: If you're interested, there is one up for the Walkmen too. Its really quite awesome... should probably put it in the proper thread

Did you see NPR is streaming the Walkmen album?

It'll be a good couple weeks for music. Interpol next week, Walkmen the week after. I just realized The Thermals have a new one next week as well.

I can't wait. I've been waiting for this one since I first heard You & Me. It's definitely a first day purchase for me.

If you want a little taste, the pitchfork POV thing is really good

Apparently the album leaked. I'm not going to listen because I'm afraid someone is going to sing along to it.

This album comes out on my birthday, which is the big reason I'm waiting to hear it, I've been promised a copy as a present. I will raise hell if I am disappointed (or not, who knows :O)

Whole thing is streaming on MySpace...

I had to cave and listen to Summer Well, I'm obsessed with the lyrics and love that live clip on youtube from a few months back.

Just got home from work early, and my doorbell rang. Amazon apparently decided to start my weekend off well by delivering the new Interpol album 4 days early. I'm ok with that.

Very cool. Give it time. It's a bit of a grower. I thought I hated it at first, but now I think its quite good

I liked it more the second time through, but I'm still not thrilled. At the moment, I'd probably rate it along side Our Love To Admire as being in the lower ranks of their albums. Regardless, I still liked Our Love To Admire, and I like this as well. Oddly enough, I felt like Our Love To Admire had far more stand out tracks than this does, but I like the overall feeling of this much more. Regardless, I'm sure I'll listen to it quite a bit through out the rest of the year.

Oddly enough, I felt like Our Love To Admire had far more stand out tracks than this does

This is how I felt too, but now there are easily 5 or 6 songs (not including lights, which I love) that get me really excited. It's less immediate than Our Love to Admire was. And they're letting the songs breathe again, especially on the outros. But I'll let you draw your own conclusions

I wasn't a fan of Our Love to Admire - nothing on it stood out to me. No idea if I should pick up this new one or not.

I liked several songs on Our Love to Admire (Pioneer to the Falls, Pace is the Trick, Lighthouse), but in a different way than other Interpol songs. They felt like they were constructed a bit more ordinarily than their older stuff. More verse-chorus-verse than something like The New or Leif Erikson. I thought it was okay for one album, but would be disappointed if it was a new direction for them

Back
Top Bottom