New Interpol!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally got it to work. I like it as well, but also prefer Lights over all. Good single-y type song though.

Only listened to 5 seconds of this song because I just wanted a tiny taste, but would rather wait, and was disappointed, but, of course, that's a crazy conclusion to come to, so I just hope that it's obviously better than it seemed and this way I'll be happy.

I gotta get the Japanese version to get the lyrics and that bonus track!

Interpol will appear on Letterman on Thursday July 29th's show. The band will play Barricade.

You're disappointed after five seconds? :lol:

No, I was conflicted about listening to it at all, but wanted to hear just a little bit. But, yeah, I was turned off by, I think it was, 20 seconds, maybe.

Totally forgot about that after telling myself at 5pm 'dont forget'. Thanks for posting!

Pajo is phenomenal, I wouldn't worry about it. I actually think he and the Secret Machines guy is a pretty good trade off in Interpol's favor.

I dont know much about Pajo, but I thought he looked quite cool on the Letterman performance

How is he in the song writing department? Will the true payoff come in the next album?

Awesome show. I did somewhat miss Carlos' stage presence, but this Pajo character did a solid job none the less.
They opened with a new one that was awesome and played a second new one that I had never heard. also good
The setlist overall was really solid
and I must say that Lights fucking rocks live!

How many new songs total?

I remember seeing them during the Curiosa Festival, and Antics wasn't yet released, but they played a number of songs from it. Fun times.

They played Lights, Barricade, plus the new opener and another in the middle of the set. so 4 total from the new album. The opener was really good. Should be a standout on the album

Very cool :up:

For some reason I don't see myself missing Carlos D at all. He looked like such a bizarro during the last tour, that I'm almost glad I don't have to see someone dressed like that again. :wink:

I just liked his cool demeanor. He always had the stance going. I liked the 'stache too

The new songs I hadn't heard before have me very excited about the new album

Spent 4.5 hours on the train getting back in the city just for this song. I'm heading back out again tomorrow. I got to the venue at 9:45 and realized for the first time in my life I was careless enough to forget to bring my ticket. The venue didn't have my credit card info so I would have to buy a new ticket. Realizing walking and public transit would take too long, I took a cab and spent $25 getting back to my condo and back; the cabbie was kind enough to stop the meter while waiting for me to run up and get my ticket; I tipped him well in gratitude. Got there 10 minutes before the show, but it was crowded.

So, this show cost me $170 in round trip train fare + $25 cab fare + $40 ticket fee + $3 in tokens. I don't know if it was worth all the frustration and giving up time with my parents and big brother who I rarely get to see. Still, I hadn't seen a proper Interpol show since 2005, since I missed the band in the summer of 2007 and only caught the crappy Virgin Festival performance in September of that year.

Not too happy with the setlist but "Lights" sounded amazing, as did the airy beginning of "Not Even Jail". The crowd was crap -- not for being tame at times (I actually like a passive quiet crowd) -- but for holding up cameras and cell phones in front of my face and having to deal with that glare. The most unforgivable crime is talking during songs. This one bitch would say something loudly during every song. I "shhhh"ed her, but she seemed offended or not to understand what I was saying. I signaled my ears, implying that I couldn't hear. She kinda stopped, but not really. She wasn't the only one; many alleged fans would sing during parts of songs or shout to each other to be heard over the music. If you go to a show, respect the music and be quiet during the songs. That's not too much to ask. Also, enough with the 'whoo'ing and screaming during quieter parts of songs. It's just obnoxious behavior and about being noticed. It's disrespectful.

I talked to band members after the show.

Bottom line: I asked Daniel about whether Crimewaves would be the only bonus track on the Japanese version or whether it was the bonus track at all.

He looked hesitant before saying that he was unsure because all that stuff hadn't been sorted out yet. So, he's not even sure Crimewaves is the bonus track, I guess -- which I find hard to believe because the album is out in less than a month and I would have thought that they surely would have finalized the tracklist.

I asked Sam about whether the band would rerecord older songs -- like they did with Song Seven. He said that, if he could be honest (meaning he knew it might break fans hearts) he didn't think they'd revisit anymore older songs. He also mentioned that they rerecorded an older song in the case of "A Time to Be So Small". Barely knowing my Interpol history, I said, "Oh, yeah, that WAS an older track." I then emphasized how much those Antics recordings of older songs sounded so much better than their old live recordings and he emphatically agreed.

I also asked if Sam had ever watched the new Battlestar Galactica. He said he hadn't, but had seen the original. I said it was amazing and that the United Nations had had a panel discussion on it. He asked, "And they liked it?" I said yes and that it was the most politically insightful show in US history. He said he had heard about the show but hadn't checked it out.

Too bad I forgot my set to give them. I never thought I'd actually meet band members this time, having dragged that set around in my bag since 2008 to various Cure, Radiohead, and U2 shows.

Paul Banks said he had "only a minute", so I was nervous to push too hard and forgot to mention that I enjoyed "H", "On the Esplanade", and "Skyscraper" from his solo album. Still, Paul Banks, Sam Fogarino, and Daniel Kessler were kind enough to sign my album booklets, but I dropped the darn things on the pavement and they got dented. I was the only person who had a Sharpie marker, so we all shared so the band could sign our stuff, though Fogarino brought his own. They all came at various times; Sam was sighted but he said he had to eat first. First, Daniel within 20 minutes of the show ending, then Paul probably 20 minutes later, and finally Sam at around 1 am. They were all really nice, especially Daniel (who was humble in his reservedness) and Sam (who was the most relaxed and talked the most to fans). So, maybe it was worth it.

A huge thanks to the security for the venue who told me how the band would leave. I've talked to security at other venues and they usually scoff at me and refuse to say anything and are quite rude; the security staff at this place was all very friendly. One chief security guy was nice enough to hand out oranges from the band's back stage area that they hadn't eaten. Also, just seeing the persistence of those dozen fans willing to wait and having one to talk to gave me the endurance to wait.

How were you able to talk to them for that long without them summoning security?

I should note that I asked one woman in front of me who kept holding up her camera to lower it because I couldn't see. I imagined she'd get pissy, but she was very nice and held it in front of her face, so it stopped obstructing my view. I think if lots of us ask people to behave better, many might change and we can improve the etiquette. The most ridiculous thing was one of the noisy girls who wouldn't shut up and didn't really care about the music recorded the most stuff; I've seen that happen at a Cure concert.

It's like technology has made people obsessive in an obstructive way about things they don't care about. It's like people are always chatty on the cell phone or Facebook or taking pictures constantly, but they're more superficial than ever in capturing these moments or in trying and failing to establish an emotional connection.

Spent 4.5 hours on the train getting back in the city just for this song. I'm heading back out again tomorrow. I got to the venue at 9:45 and realized for the first time in my life I was careless enough to forget to bring my ticket. The venue didn't have my credit card info so I would have to buy a new ticket. Realizing walking and public transit would take too long, I took a cab and spent $25 getting back to my condo and back; the cabbie was kind enough to stop the meter while waiting for me to run up and get my ticket; I tipped him well in gratitude. Got there 10 minutes before the show, but it was crowded.

So, this show cost me $170 in round trip train fare + $25 cab fare + $40 ticket fee + $3 in tokens. I don't know if it was worth all the frustration and giving up time with my parents and big brother who I rarely get to see. Still, I hadn't seen a proper Interpol show since 2005, since I missed the band in the summer of 2007 and only caught the crappy Virgin Festival performance in September of that year.

Not too happy with the setlist but "Lights" sounded amazing, as did the airy beginning of "Not Even Jail". The crowd was crap -- not for being tame at times (I actually like a passive quiet crowd) -- but for holding up cameras and cell phones in front of my face and having to deal with that glare. The most unforgivable crime is talking during songs. This one bitch would say something loudly during every song. I "shhhh"ed her, but she seemed offended or not to understand what I was saying. I signaled my ears, implying that I couldn't hear. She kinda stopped, but not really. She wasn't the only one; many alleged fans would sing during parts of songs or shout to each other to be heard over the music. If you go to a show, respect the music and be quiet during the songs. That's not too much to ask. Also, enough with the 'whoo'ing and screaming during quieter parts of songs. It's just obnoxious behavior and about being noticed. It's disrespectful.

I talked to band members after the show.

Bottom line: I asked Daniel about whether Crimewaves would be the only bonus track on the Japanese version or whether it was the bonus track at all.

He looked hesitant before saying that he was unsure because all that stuff hadn't been sorted out yet. So, he's not even sure Crimewaves is the bonus track, I guess -- which I find hard to believe because the album is out in less than a month and I would have thought that they surely would have finalized the tracklist.

I asked Sam about whether the band would rerecord older songs -- like they did with Song Seven. He said that, if he could be honest (meaning he knew it might break fans hearts) he didn't think they'd revisit anymore older songs. He also mentioned that they rerecorded an older song in the case of "A Time to Be So Small". Barely knowing my Interpol history, I said, "Oh, yeah, that WAS an older track." I then emphasized how much those Antics recordings of older songs sounded so much better than their old live recordings and he emphatically agreed.

I also asked if Sam had ever watched the new Battlestar Galactica. He said he hadn't, but had seen the original. I said it was amazing and that the United Nations had had a panel discussion on it. He asked, "And they liked it?" I said yes and that it was the most politically insightful show in US history. He said he had heard about the show but hadn't checked it out.

Too bad I forgot my set to give them. I never thought I'd actually meet band members this time, having dragged that set around in my bag since 2008 to various Cure, Radiohead, and U2 shows.

Paul Banks said he had "only a minute", so I was nervous to push too hard and forgot to mention that I enjoyed "H", "On the Esplanade", and "Skyscraper" from his solo album. Still, Paul Banks, Sam Fogarino, and Daniel Kessler were kind enough to sign my album booklets, but I dropped the darn things on the pavement and they got dented. I was the only person who had a Sharpie marker, so we all shared so the band could sign our stuff, though Fogarino brought his own. They all came at various times; Sam was sighted but he said he had to eat first. First, Daniel within 20 minutes of the show ending, then Paul probably 20 minutes later, and finally Sam at around 1 am. They were all really nice, especially Daniel (who was humble in his reservedness) and Sam (who was the most relaxed and talked the most to fans). So, maybe it was worth it.

A huge thanks to the security for the venue who told me how the band would leave. I've talked to security at other venues and they usually scoff at me and refuse to say anything and are quite rude; the security staff at this place was all very friendly. One chief security guy was nice enough to hand out oranges from the band's back stage area that they hadn't eaten. Also, just seeing the persistence of those dozen fans willing to wait and having one to talk to gave me the endurance to wait.

I wish BSG was still on. :( Have you been watching Rubicon? Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom