New Interpol!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 40 Watt? Really? That place is so tiny. I'd expect Interpol to be playing a bigger venue than that.

Yeah, but it's kind of like a famous venue isn't it? Hallowed ground, because it was where R.E.M. played a bunch of their early gigs. Kind of like R.E.M.'s Cavern Club.

I know I'd want to play there, even if I was a bigger band. Because of the history and all that.

Except for corianderstem, thanks for the complete lack of help, folks. (If you didn't see my request, this doesn't apply to you.)

I went to my parents' home and the site worked. Today, I called Rogers and they said that they could access it through some non-high speed cable means, but that, via high speed cable, they still were unable to access interpolnyc.com.
They're working on fixing it, if it's on their end.

This is major. This is the number 1 cable company in Canada, I think; it's what the baseball stadium at which U2 performed in Toronto is named after, and they're screwing up my ability to access Interpol's official site? That's pretty major. My TV cable's been sucking for over a year, too. I hate it when corporations get so big that they start screwing customers over. My brother tells me Time Warner does this to him in the US also.

I'm a little late to the party, but I just downloaded 'Lights'. I really like it. I don't mind at all that it's a slow builder. Sounds good. I know everyone else loves Antics, but I think I prefer TOTBL. That's just me.
I thought the consensus was that TOTBL was easily the best.
I'm quite liking the new track, too. I do agree with interpolonline.com that Banks' voice is mixed slightly too loud, though. Not Even Jail is also awesome. I wish Interpol had released the instrumental that was playing to fans' submissions on their Open Disc site in 2004; foolish to release an instrumental of the lousy "Mammoth", but not that track.

Weird. I had things like that happen to me 5 or 6 years back from Internet providers, but it's been ages.

New dates, thanks to interpolonline.com
06.21.2010 Water Street Music Hall • Rochester, NY
06.22.2010 Town Ballroom • Buffalo, NY
06.23.2010 Mr Small’s Theatre • Pittsburgh, PA
06.25.2010 Crocodile Rock Cafe • Allentown, PA
09.16.2010 Le Cargo • Caen
09.18.2010 Stade De France • Paris w/ U2
09.21.2010 Aeronef • Lille
09.22.2010 King Baudouin Stadium • Brussels w/ U2
09.23.2010 King Baudouin Stadium • Brussels w/ U2
09.25.2010 Le Vigean • Bordeaux
09.26.2010 Stadium Anoeta • San Sebastien w/ U2
09.28.2010 La Industrial Copera • Granada
09.29.2010 Olympic Stadium • Seville w/ U2
10.01.2010 Santiago De Compostela • Santiago
10.02.2010 Coimbra Stadium • Coimbra w/ U2
10.03.2010 Coimbra Stadium • Coimbra w/ U2
10.05.2010 Rockstar Barakaldo • Bilboa
10.06.2010 Li Bikini • Toulouse
10.08.2010 Olympic Stadium • Rome w/ U2
11.12.2010 Lisbon Campo Pequeno • Lisbon
11.13.2010 Palacio Vistalegre • Madrid
11.14.2010 San Jordi Club • Barcelona
11.16.2010 Dock Du Sud • Marseille
11.17.2010 Palasharp • Milan
11.18.2010 Gasometer • Vienna
11.20.2010 Tempodrom • Berlin
11.21.2010 Heineken Music Hall • Amsterdam
11.22.2010 Westfalenhalle 2 • Dortmund
11.24.2010 Rock City • Nottingham
11.25.2010 Academy • Newcastle
11.26.2010 Academy • Birmingham
11.27.2010 Corn Exchange • Edinburgh
11.29.2010 Olympia • Dublin
11.30.2010 Olympia • Dublin
12.01.2010 Olympia • Dublin
12.03.2010 Apollo • Manchester
12.04.2010 Uni • Liverpool
12.06.2010 Brixton • London
12.07.2010 Brixton • London
12.08.2010 Brixton • London

Album due out in mid-September.

Weird. I had things like that happen to me 5 or 6 years back from Internet providers, but it's been ages.

It was especially nightmarish because I had assumed it couldn't possibly be my cable provider. I was messaging Interpol and everything. Luckily my parents live far away and have a different internet service provider. That also allowed me to ask for help on the interpol message board, which I can't access from Toronto.

I don't know if anyone else knew this, but there's an Interpol song that you can buy from itunes called "5" which was oddly named "2306-02-10" on an album called "CHEM087CD". It's not bad, but is essentially an instrumental with, I think, Daniel howling "whoohoo!".

Except for corianderstem, thanks for the complete lack of help, folks. (If you didn't see my request, this doesn't apply to you.)

I went to my parents' home and the site worked. Today, I called Rogers and they said that they could access it through some non-high speed cable means, but that, via high speed cable, they still were unable to access interpolnyc.com.
They're working on fixing it, if it's on their end.

This is major. This is the number 1 cable company in Canada, I think; it's what the baseball stadium at which U2 performed in Toronto is named after, and they're screwing up my ability to access Interpol's official site? That's pretty major. My TV cable's been sucking for over a year, too. I hate it when corporations get so big that they start screwing customers over. My brother tells me Time Warner does this to him in the US also.

Dude, it works. It has always worked. I'm in Toronto and tried it several times since you posted. Even on the day that you posted. worked. If you werent so melodramatic all the time, maybe someone wouldve helped you out

Self-titled album due in September Interpol Set LP Title, Enlist Dave Pajo

In the midst of their return, New York gloom-rockers Interpol have hit some speedbumps. Bassist Carlos D left the band, and they were forced to cancel most of their forthcoming tour after their dates opening for U2 fell through. But now Interpol have a new member and some concrete news about the release of their fourth album.

First off: According to the band's website, the forthcoming Interpol album is self-titled, and it'll arrive sometime in mid-September. Secondly, the band has also revealed their replacement for Carlos D: indie lifer David Pajo.

Pajo is probably best known for his stint in the pioneering post-rock band Slint, but he's also played with a long list of other people, including Tortoise, Stereolab, Zwan, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Royal Trux, the For Carnation, and Dead Child. He's released solo records under the names Pajo, Papa M, Aerial M, and M, and he spent last year as a touring multi-instrumentalist for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. He's better known as a guitarist than a bassist, but he knows how to play his instruments.

Pitchfork: Interpol Set LP Title, Enlist Dave Pajo

Having Pajo in the band is bad ass as hell.

Oh this e-mail, lol:
The month of September; summer ends, classes begin. The coming of a new season is in the air as autumn approaches. A time of year when the natural world slips into a slumber, and Interpol releases it's fourth studio recording. The self titled, self produced, long-player will be available world wide in mid September. We can't wait to share our new effort with all of you. We've just announced some shows and we look forward to see you soon in your neck of the woods.

Kindly,
Interpol

I hope to God that the lyrical inspiration for the new album isn't 6th grade creative writing assignments, as that email suggests.

I had to read "Look forward to see you soon" three times to figure the sentence out because I was reading it aloud to someone

Dude, it works. It has always worked. I'm in Toronto and tried it several times since you posted. Even on the day that you posted. worked. If you werent so melodramatic all the time, maybe someone wouldve helped you out
Wait. I said that no one who read the message answered at the time. What does my being "melodramatic" have anything to do with it. If you didn't see the message, that's different, as I wrote, but if you did and chose not to say, "Yeah, it works for me", then I was saying such people weren't helpful. You obviously have the right not to help, but I was just expressing my lack of appreciation of that. I was worried I'd miss pre-sale tickets because you can only access them through the official site. I couldn't even access the forum. Nothing.

In any case, thanks for letting me know it works for you. It worked for me when I visited my folks 4.5 hours away, so I knew it wasn't Interpol's fault.

I got Rogers in Toronto to look into it. The problem was with the DNS server Rogers was connecting me through, and I spent 2 hours on the phone doing all kinds of tests and giving the Rogers guy info. He gave me some temporary DNS server numbers to input into my network, but the problem WAS with Rogers. The site hasn't worked for me since late last year and now I know it was Rogers not doing their bit. This is typical of this crap company. It's bad enough I have to put up with their crappy commercials on TV and in the cinema. Even my analogue cable TV signal has been deteriorating over the last year and they pretend nothing's wrong. We need competition among cable companies; enough of this regional monopoly crap.

I want new tour dates, especially for Toronto. Come on! And longer setlists. Don't waste the summer away, boys! Giddy-up!

(Then again, the band may want to rest up fully before the publicity tour.)

I've been hoping for some new dates too. I dont know how long it takes to plan a tour, but I imagine the timing of the U2 cancellation might leave us out of the loop for a little while

I like that they're back on Matator now. I also like that Brandon Curtis from Secret Machines is playing keyboards for them on tour. Pajo + Curtis > Carlos D

I like that they're back on Matator now

Me too. I did like OLTA, but it felt a little like they were getting pulled in a more commercial direction. Hopefully they're given a little more freedom again on the new record

I had to read "Look forward to see you soon" three times to figure the sentence out because I was reading it aloud to someone

they should have signed it "love you long time" instead of "kindly" after that one.

interpol_.jpg

Interpol:

01 Success
02 Memory Serves
03 Summer Well
04 Lights
05 Barricade
06 Always Malaise (The Man I Am)
07 Safe Without
08 Try It On
09 All of the Ways
10 The Undoing

ooooOOOOOoooooo :)
Not sure how I feel about the album cover though

(and I got tickets to see them in August :D )

Cool song titles, shame about the self-titling of the album though. A lazy thing to do for an established band I reckon.

At least I'm not the only one the forum is causing double posts for.

The stupid link won't finish loading for me for the song.

It took me a couple tries to get the page to load too. Just try refreshing a couple time

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom