New Interpol!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cobbler's salivating over that song is repetitive.

As was the case with Song Seven and Mind Over Time, I feel that the bonus tracks are better than the majority of the record. I find myself liking Malfeasance more than I probably should (Banks' vocal delivery is truly absurd, but in a good way), and The Depths with Kessler in the foreground with a nice little guitar solo (unusual for Interpol) certainly ranks above many of the tracks I can't seem to connect with on the record. Both of these tracks may have broaden the sonic landscape of the album, which is quite monotonous even for Interpol standards.

Our Love to Admire was fantastic. Heinrich Manuever, Pace is the Trick, Pioneer to the Falls are some of my all-time favourite Interpol songs.

Unfortunately, the album also had the greatly underwhelming All Fired Up and The Scale, which detract from the album's overall quality a little bit for me,

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Really liking the new album and especially the first two tracks. Will be in my top ten of 2014 most likely.

I saw them in Philly last week. First show after snow storm troubles. They were really great - probably so ecstatic to be off the tour bus. I've seen then a few times, including when they opened for U2, and this was the best show.

New track What is What is really good.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Turn on the Bright Lights was released 20 years ago tomorrow - August 20, 2002.

I've been watching Six Feet Under, which ran from something like 2000-2005. There was a scene in a record store with Turn on the Bright Lights in the background - the contrast between how dated the show's visuals were and how fresh the record sounded was striking.

Back
Top Bottom