New Interpol!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never even listened to this today. Too many new things out on the same day.

First impression:

This album whips a llama's ass.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference to annoy Cobbler

Hahah, Winamp. That was the shit, it was like sweet, I can get rid of the RealPlayer now cos that thing sucked.

I like the new Interpol better than the new U2.

Untitled
Leif Erikson
Length of Love
My Desire
Hands Away
Narc
Lights
All the Rage Back Home
Take You on a Cruise
The Lighthouse
Same Town, New Story
Not Even Jail
Say Hello to the Angels

NYC

Oh man that's a good set :drool: I didn't have much interest in seeing them after the forgettable s/t, but a set packed with the best songs from their first two albums? Yes please. On my first listen of the new album and I'm liking it. Like U2's I imagine it'll take a few listens to really sink in, but already I feel like they've regained the energy and intrigue I just wasn't feeling on their last one. Musically it reminds me of Antics, though I'm also hearing some new sounds from them which is cool.

also, not sure if anyone here is into EDM, but I did a dance remix of Obstacle 1. check it out and let me know what you think :) [/shameless self-promotion]

I'm really happy with this album. Excited to see them next Friday (4th time since 2004).

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference to annoy Cobbler

I'm really happy with this album.
I am as well. It's Antics vol. 2: a collection of great songs. Tidal Wave and My Desire are classic Interpol.

My ranking:
5*
TOTBL

4,5*
Interpol

4*
Antics
El Pintor

3,5*
OLTA

Easily one of my favorite bands of this millenium.

Blue Surpreme's intro is reminiscent of part of Take You On a Cruse's intro.

I've noticed that too. Good song though not as good as Take You On A Cruise of course.

:happydance:

Say Hello to the Angels
My Blue Supreme
Evil
Hands Away
My Desire
Same Town, New Story
Not Even Jail
Anywhere
The Lighthouse
Everything Is Wrong
Take You on a Cruise
Breaker 1
Slow Hands

All the Rage Back Home
Lights
PDA

It's a great song. I love how it picks up when the "she said..." part starts.

If there was a contender for a Rushmore for me it'd probably be My Desire or Same Town, New Story - both are exhilarating.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Finally getting a little more acquainted with this thing. It's a decent album. No bad tracks, but being an Interpol record of the last few years, it is quite homogenous. There are few bands I can think of who are as locked into a certain sound... but still manage to pull it off without becoming complete bores.

All the Rage Back Home and My Desire are the best tracks I reckon, with shout-outs to Everything is Wrong, Ancient Ways, Twice as Hard. The lyrics are pretty ordinary throughout, and there isn't much deviation from their formula.

I think the best Interpol songs are the ones where it feels like something's at stake. It's usually a combination of an urgent guitar riff, fast-paced rhythm section and Paul Banks' heightened, anxious delivery of some world-weary-but-still-hopeful lyrics. All there in All the Rage Back Home, which is definitely the highlight here. And though there might not be much else in El Pintor for me, that song alone is worth the price of admission.

^not sure what I was thinking up there. Twice is Hard is bit of a bummer after Tidal Wave. Maybe I should stop sharing every random thought I have about music.

Back
Top Bottom