New Gorillaz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope. I'm strictly on the illegal route until it turns up. Demon Days got a gorgeous double vinyl release, so I'm sure this will at some point.

When I was in highschool, I wanted to make a movie called Weekend and the Vatican. But then when John Paul II finally died in real life, they just replaced him with Senator Palpatine, which I totally didnt see coming

I haven't heard this particular album yet, but Damon Albarn definitely does sound like Bowie on a number of Blur tracks. They were both born and raised in and around London, so it makes sense that there would be some similarities in the accents.

Listen to the Blur song "For Tomorrow" - very Bowie-esque vocal there

I've been listerning to all the albums i have so far after i got the new album. The D sides is a great release. CD1 is like a 4th album. All great studio cuts that didn't make it.

i'm with you, jt - Glitter Freeze would kill with a vocal.

Stylo is catchy as all fuck.

this is probably my #2 album thus far in 2010, though there hasn't been much competition for the top slots.

How good is Sweepstakes :drool:

Not very. Completely breaks up the flow of the record, and it's about 10 seconds of material spread out over 5 minutes.

1. Intro/Welcome To The World Of The Plastic Beach
2. Rhinestone Eyes
3. Stylo
4. Superfast Jellyfish
5. Empire Ants
6. Some Kind Of Nature
7. On Melancholy Hill
8. Broken
9. To Binge
10. Cloud Of Unknowing

That would be the best album of the year so far, hands down. Maybe find some way to salvage the last minute of White Flag, because it's just brilliant.

Empire Ants is a killer track!

edit: how many more singles/ videos are expected to be released from this record? the first 2 singles have had amazing videos!

I know they'll at least be three singles. "Superfast Jellyfish" is expected to be the third single for late 2010 but I think they'll be a fourth single since both Gorillaz and Demon Days had at least four each.

Empire Ants is a killer track!

edit: how many more singles/ videos are expected to be released from this record? the first 2 singles have had amazing videos!

:up: . . . I've actually had the album for a while but haven't had the time to sit and listen to it properly until the last couple of weeks . . . it's a gem alright :)

It's great to listen to with good weather outside. I find it really enjoyable but not more than that. Rhinestone Eyes is my favourite.

Cloud of Unknowing was just a way to take up space on the album if you ask me, I can't even stand to listen to it. Bobby Womack just CANNOT sing. And Stylo is great,don't get me wrong,but I agree with Imperor on the fact that he kills it,just kills the whole awesome vibe until he stops singing.

Back
Top Bottom