New Gorillaz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doesn't sound like a typical Gorillaz track, but in typical Gorillaz fashion, I'm all about it.

Wednesday's show in Boston was very enjoyable, with the exception of Cloud of Unknowing. I really did try to give it a chance, but my God, the song is sooooo boring. The setlist was the same as Montreal, so it was nice to see Tomorrow Comes Today, even if I was the only person around who knew what the song was. Photos and video sometime on Thursday.

I went to both the Gorillaz - Live on Letterman show on Thursday and the Gorillaz show @ MSG on Friday. For the Letterman show, I was literally - Front Row Center. It was amazing and cool. Especially when Damon and De La Soul came up front. Getting on stage during Clint Eastwood was a blast also. Though it was only 45 minutes, it was one of the best shows I've been too.

The MSG was rather entertaining. I was about 12 rows center from the stage. Experience wasn't as good as Letterman show (I mean how can it be). But I thought the show was better than expected. My wife, who is not the biggest Gorillaz fan and knows the music through me, also enjoyed it and really liked the video visuals that went along with the song.

Some Kind Of Nature with Lou Reed was rather awkward. He just seems out of it, couldn't really hear him and he seemed frustrated with the techs. Cloud of Unknowing doesn't really seem to fit in. Also, like they added this song so Tommy Womack could sing a 2nd song.

The setlist was longer than expected and rather good. Closing in Don't Get Lost in Heaven + Demon Days was great, but I'm sure a lot of people were like huh?

No Kids With Guns though. Though they opened with that on Thursday at Letterman.

I would see this show again.

Some Kind Of Nature with Lou Reed was rather awkward. He just seems out of it, couldn't really hear him and he seemed frustrated with the techs. Cloud of Unknowing doesn't really seem to fit in. Also, like they added this song so Tommy Womack could sing a 2nd song.

The setlist was longer than expected and rather good. Closing in Don't Get Lost in Heaven + Demon Days was great, but I'm sure a lot of people were like huh?

No Kids With Guns though. Though they opened with that on Thursday at Letterman.

I would see this show again.

The Letterman webcast looked great, especially when you guys got up on the stage.

Several reviews I read ripped Lou Reed to shreds and suggested he should have tried rehearsing the song beforehand because it was atrocious.

Cloud of Unknowing was the only time I sat down during the gig. That song is a major dud, but they have Bobby there for Stylo, so it makes perfect sense that they perform that dud too.

How was Sweeptakes? I would have loved to have seen that one live.

I liked Don't Get Lost in Heaven & Demon Days as the closer. I actually recorded part of it, but the quality isn't up to par mostly because I was trying to juggle recording and watching the performance, while moving into the aisle so that people could pass by me to leave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdJLkcxRSbc

The Letterman webcast looked great, especially when you guys got up on the stage.

Several reviews I read ripped Lou Reed to shreds and suggested he should have tried rehearsing the song beforehand because it was atrocious.

Cloud of Unknowing was the only time I sat down during the gig. That song is a major dud, but they have Bobby there for Stylo, so it makes perfect sense that they perform that dud too.

How was Sweeptakes? I would have loved to have seen that one live.

I liked Don't Get Lost in Heaven & Demon Days as the closer. I actually recorded part of it, but the quality isn't up to par mostly because I was trying to juggle recording and watching the performance, while moving into the aisle so that people could pass by me to leave.

I was also at the MSG show. It was a really incredible show for me, an audio and visual spectacular. Great setlist choice the whole way through, especially the throwback to their debut with "19/2000" and "Plastic Beach."

However, Lou Reed was disappointing. It took him forever to get onstage and he kind of mumbled his way through the song. "Sweepstakes" was really well-done and made up for the fact that Mos Def screwed up on "Stylo."

The biggest disappointment though is the replacement rapper on "Clint Eastwood." I really enjoy the rap on record and didn't want to hear someone else improvise over it. Why couldn't they just play it on the screen like they did with Snoop Dogg? Besides that, it was a really wonderful evening.

I think rapper's don't like to cover someone else's rap. That's basically why. Looking back on the show's I thoroughly enjoyed both the Gorillaz shows. Seems like they have fine tuned the show.

The Lou Reed thing was pretty piss-poor. Mos Def was good. Great to have him there. Though you couldn't really hear the horns. I would see them again.

I like Doncamatic.

Well off to Muse on Saturday...

I think rapper's don't like to cover someone else's rap. That's basically why. Looking back on the show's I thoroughly enjoyed both the Gorillaz shows. Seems like they have fine tuned the show.

The Lou Reed thing was pretty piss-poor. Mos Def was good. Great to have him there. Though you couldn't really hear the horns. I would see them again.

I like Doncamatic.

Well off to Muse on Saturday...

I would have loved to have seen Sweepstakes, but even without it I still thoroughly enjoyed my show.

I haven't listened to Doncamatic since the day after it hit the web, but I initially liked it.

Enjoy Muse. I'll be at both the Saturday and Sunday shows.

does anyone know that daley, the voice of the song 'doncamatic' is actually a male?

daley.jpg

looks like a man to me...

with the release of doncamatic as an official single, does this mean that gorillaz concedes that plastic beach was a flop?

ie no more releases and only 2 videos from that record :reject:

with the release of doncamatic as an official single, does this mean that gorillaz concedes that plastic beach was a flop?

ie no more releases and only 2 videos from that record :reject:
By what definition would anyone call Plastic Beach a flop? It's sold well and has been critically successful for the most part.

Free if you're a member of their fanclub... but let's be honest, free for the rest of us at 12:05am on Saturday too. I'm looking forward to hearing it. Made completely on his iPad

I didn't realize it was for the fan club. They give a brand new album to their paying fans rather than a CD-R of old remixes or old collaborations? What a concept!

Damn, I hadn't even heard of this. I really liked Plastic Beach. I hope this new one doesn't disappoint.

"Phoner To Arizona"
"Revolving Doors"
"HillBilly Man"
"Detroit"
"Shy-town"
"Little Pink Plastic Bags"
"The Joplin Spider"
"The Parish of Space Dust"
"The Snake In Dallas"
"Amarillo"
"The Speak It Mountains"
"Aspen Forest"