New Gorillaz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh man, I know it was only one time through, but this is a great album. On first listen, besides Stylo and Superfast Jellyfish, the other songs that stood out for me were Empire Ants, Some Kind Of Nature, On Melancholy Hill, and To Binge.

I think it sounds very similiar to the debut album.

I still prefer the first to Demon Days. I enjoyed the new one of the first spin.

Wow, Empire Ants is phenomenal. That change halfway through the song comes out of nowhere, and is all sorts of awesome.

Between preventing a leak until the NPR stream and not allowing news of that cameo to get out ... Damon Albarn always seems to be a step ahead of everyone.

I think I owe it to Gorillaz to wait until the official release. It'll be tough, but a precedent should be set, a line in the sand, if you will.

That video is great. The characters looks awesome.

And it won't be tough to wait for the release at this point. It's only a week away for us. You can do it.

i haven't had a chance to listen to the webrip yet because we moved into a new place last weekend. what a nice treat!

I'm holding out until release, but did hear "Sweepstakes" last night, since that leaked on a hip-hop blog I frequent. Fucking awesome. Not the best thing Mos Def's ever done, as he claimed, but still very solid work indeed.

I love Rhinestone Eyes,Empire Ants,Some Kind Of Nature,On Melancholy Hill,and Plastic Beach. I really like the direction it's taken,it's a bit different from previous albums and yet you can still hear the original in there. :up:

I haven't read a word about Plastic Beach getting a vinyl release. Is jerk-ass Albarn really going to make me buy a CD?

In other news, I've come around to loving the shit out of "Stylo." Bobby Womack kills it. Absolutely kills it.

Stylo is an absolutely sick beat. Love it.

That little "overload" part has been stuck in my head for two days. Can't get enough of that.

I haven't read a word about Plastic Beach getting a vinyl release. Is jerk-ass Albarn really going to make me buy a CD?

In other news, I've come around to loving the shit out of "Stylo." Bobby Womack kills it. Absolutely kills it.

Smallest-Violin.jpg

The whole track is absolutely sublime. Laid back Albarn is where it's at.

Nope. Vinyl only. Couldn't tell you the last time I bought a CD, but it was well over two years ago.

fair enough then! what do you do for music on the go, torrent once you've bought the vinyl, then iPod, or..? i'm interested to know.

the ending to that pretty cool video makes me think that all the videos released are going to form a stream-of-consciousness story...

You little bastard. We also would have accepted:

1zeayz8.gif

fair enough then! what do you do for music on the go, torrent once you've bought the vinyl, then iPod, or..? i'm interested to know.

Well, the vast, vast minority majority of new LPs include a coupon to download the album from the label's site in mp3 format. The only brand new LP I've bought in the past year that didn't have one was No Net on the Horizon. What does that tell you about the dinosaur operation Shuttlecock are running?

Some even include a CD copy, like my Embryonic LP last year and various My Morning Jacket releases in the past. If I'm not crazy about the quality the download coupon comes in (most, if not all, come in a 320 kbps bit rate, which is a little on the large side), I'll snag a torrent for a v2 or v0 from what.cd. I've decided those were the bit rates I'm happiest with in terms of sound quality and file size.

So, the record company president wants the second single to be Superfast Jellyfish and the third to be On Melancholy Hill.

Thoughts?

I should listen to Plastic Beach ON THE WAY TO the beach this week. Only a couple of tracks in and I'm really diggin' this.

Back
Top Bottom