New Girl Talk in 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
:hyper:?

Pitchfork: Girl Talk Dishes on New LP

After hundreds of increasingly insane (and inflatable dolphin-filled) shows over the past four years, pop collage mastermind Girl Talk aka Gregg Gillis took a break this summer to work on his follow-up to 2008's ecstatic Feed the Animals. Five months and many 12-hour days of production later, he's just about ready to drop his latest sample-based opus. In a recent interview, Gillis told us he wants to release the as-yet-untitled album-- his longest and most complex yet-- by the end of the year.
hype.

To me, amping things up doesn't mean cramming in more samples as much as it means making things more dynamic and expressing more patience and being more detailed than before. I wanted to put in more little breather-room elements. It's definitely in the same ballpark as Feed the Animals, but the production's more complex and there's more of a variety in the source material. I'm trying to make something that's really, really complicated and has material that jumps around as far as possible in genre and style but, when you ultimately listen to it, it sounds like one cohesive piece of music. Also, this album is going to be the longest one I've done yet, like 65-plus minutes.

GG: Maybe my favorite moment is this mix I did with Soulja Boy's "Pretty Boy Swag" and Aphex Twin's "Windowlicker" I've always followed Soulja Boy and love that song, but I also feel like that's a hip-hop song a lot of people might make fun of. So if you don't really come correct, you shouldn't do it at all. But the mix with Aphex Twin sounded perfect to my ears-- regardless of how you feel about that Soulja Boy song, you might have a different perspective on it with the new mix.
Oh my God, I'm so excited :hyper:

But I'm mostly happy that this will give him an opportunity to tour.

Are you prepared to encounter every bro known to man?

16210Popped-Collar.jpg
13715poppedcollarsweb.jpg

That being said, I can't wait to hear this album.

Apparently I'm behind on the bro scene, since I had no idea there was such a thing as the "alt bro." So, I'm going with normal bros on this one.

And, of course, the day after I make those comments, Girl Talk announces a show at First Avenue in March. I'll likely be there, bros or no bros.

Thank the torrent gods for what.cd though, since Illegal Art's servers are getting absolutely slammed.

P.S. There's a bit with U2 ("With or Without You") over Gaga's "Bad Romance" which leads into "Bad Romance" over Aphex Twin's "Windowlicker" and Soulja Boy's "Pretty Boy Swag." Good fucking times.

Why the hell is this 70 minutes long?

I'll check it out when I get home. A sample list would be nice, but I'm going to have to wait a while for one to be posted on wiki.

EDIT: Wow, never mind. I must have been sleeping under a rock for the past few weeks. It's all up.

Is it anything like this?

See the stone set in your eyes
See the WALK WALK FASHION BABY!
I'll wait for you
CUZ I'M A FREE BITCH, BABY!

But Hey Ladies mixed with Lovegame's gotta win you back, right? :lol:.

I'm not feeling this album as much as Feed the Animals, but it's fun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom