New Fiona Apple Album Spring 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I've yet to listen to Fiona Apple. Would you guys suggest going chronologically?

Well, it's hard to go wrong whichever way, but I'd check out a few major songs first (let's say Criminal, Anything We Want, A Mistake, Every Single Night), then in order the albums When The Pawn...., Idler Wheel, and Tidal/Extraordinary Machine.

The middle section of Pawn is just cram packed with great songs.

So I've yet to listen to Fiona Apple. Would you guys suggest going chronologically?

I don't think you would be remiss in listening to them chronologically, as Tidal is among her more accessible records and When The Pawn among her best, but you would be waiting far too damn long to listen to The Idler Wheel. Listen to it now, right this minute. Stop whatever your'e doing.

Please do! :)

:yes:

I haven't spent as much time with the new album as I'd like. On the first listen it didn't click with me at all, I've played it a couple of times again since then and it's growing on me but I doubt that it will be one of my favourites of hers.

Well I'm very glad that I stuck with this album despite not liking it at all initially. Took me a while to get used to the sparse, scratchy sound of the record, which I found really off-putting at first, but now it's probably my favourite thing released this year so far.

I know several people who felt that way when they first heard it.

Someone I know hated it for weeks and then suddenly loved it and described it as Fiona's Kid A. Not being a Radiohead fan I don't really get the reference but he was pretty excited about it.

I have tickets to her show here in Vegas in a couple weeks and I'm looking forward to seeing her again. I just wish she was playing more than four of the new songs.

This is unequivocally the weirdest string of show related events I've had. Hopefully this gets rescheduled sooner rather than later and Beach House comes back.

Just the hash, apparently. The small amount of pot is a misdemeanor; any amount of hash is not.

I'd say if you're going to be carting it around with you while traveling, you'd best know what the laws are.

(Edit: LeMel gave a better explanation below). Some states have loosened somewhat re pot (particularly small amounts), but this country is still wicked harsh for other stuff.

Except booze, because that never does anyone any harm ever.

It's a different part of the cannabis plant, pretty much the same thing but more potent. The fact that there's a legal difference is ridiculous to me since it's still organic.

I'm reading reports now that it was more than just a tiny amount of hash. More like the size of a golf ball. And that she freely admitted it all belonged to her even though it was in a backpack on the bus.

Oh, Fiona. Bless your high little heart.

Asked why so many celebrities have been arrested in the remote West Texas county, Judge Becky Dean-Walker, who confirmed Apple's arrest, said, "because they come through here with stuff they shouldn't have."

she should have known better

every time I drive through Texas
I hire someone from TaskRabbit
to do the holding

OC2dx_zps31833eb8.jpg

After Fiona said “I heard everything you did, I wrote it all down, with your names, with everything you did or said stupidly thinking that I couldn’t hear or see you… I’ll make you fucking famous, anytime you ask”, here's what the Sheriff had to say.

First, Honey, I’m already more famous than you, I don’t need your help. However, it would appear that you need mine.

Two weeks ago nobody in the country cared about what you had to say, — now that you’ve been arrested it appears your entire career has been jump-started. Don’t worry Sweetie, I won’t bill you.

Next, have you ever heard of Snoop, Willie or Armand Hammer? Maybe if you would read something besides your own press releases, you would have known BEFORE you got here, that if you come to Texas with dope, the cops will take your DOPE away and put YOU in jail.

Even though you and I only met briefly in the hallway, I don’t know you but I’m sure you’re an awesome and talented young woman and even though I’m not a fan of yours, I am sure there are thousands of them out there, and I’m sure that they would just as soon you get this all behind you and let you go back to what you do best—so my last piece of advice is simple “just shut-up and sing”.

Sincerely
Rusty Fleming

I thought she was talking about people in her entourage, not the cops.

But maaaan, that's a classic troll letter.

So apparently her dog is dying and she postponed(canceled?) her South American tour dates.

Now I don't know if she'll even come. I bought my ticket through ticketmaster, and they don't refund their fee.

Back
Top Bottom