New Favorite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love Alison Krauss (she has a new album coming out soon, by the way), but that's pretty random to say "Hey, Bono should sing this with her."

Or do you want Bono to do a duet with her on anything? :wink:

I like her duet with Sting on the Cold Mountain soundtrack. Amazing song.

I love Alison Krauss (she has a new album coming out soon, by the way), but that's pretty random to say "Hey, Bono should sing this with her."

I usually go to Itunes for new albums, but I'm getting this one on CD form Target. It's got 3 exclusive new studio tracks and 3 live tracks on it. This album today and Lenka's new album in two weeks. I am stoked.

There are two reasons I think Bono would sound good on this track:

(1) The music sounds like slow U2 to me, like Running To Stand Still
(2) Bono's voice seems particularly suited to the song

i've never gone out of my way to listen to any alison krauss, but somewhere i acquired a handful of songs w/ union station (side note: ignorance requires me to ask, since i'm too lazy to look it up, does she put out music without the band? or is it just generally a packaged deal) that were pretty awesome. think they came off a compilation i snagged from somewhere a while back when i went through a compilation phase.

i've never gone out of my way to listen to any alison krauss, but somewhere i acquired a handful of songs w/ union station (side note: ignorance requires me to ask, since i'm too lazy to look it up, does she put out music without the band? or is it just generally a packaged deal) that were pretty awesome. think they came off a compilation i snagged from somewhere a while back when i went through a compilation phase.
She actually does put out music by herself, but for the most part those are just singles here and there. She did have a couple of solo compilation albums. She also to used to sing with a Gospel group.

She also did an album with Robert Plant, which I thought was pretty darned stinky.

People are generally surprised that I like Alison. Completely acoustic music is generally not my thing. I usually like rock music that uses synth, like ELO, ABBA, Asia, Runrig.

I prefer her stuff with Union Station or with other artists, like the Robert Plant album. (Which I like quite a bit, but don't love.)

She's got a lovely, pure soprano voice, but I don't care for the music she usually does when she does solo stuff. It's pretty bland.

I prefer her stuff with Union Station or with other artists, like the Robert Plant album. (Which I like quite a bit, but don't love.)

She's got a lovely, pure soprano voice, but I don't care for the music she usually does when she does solo stuff. It's pretty bland.

Have you heard her versions of "Baby Mine" or "Baby, Now That I've Found You"? They're really good.

Baby, Now That I've Found You is great. I have her earlier collection - I think it's actually called "Now That I've Found You." I like a lot on it, although I prefer the stuff she did after.

This thread inspired me to listen to the New Favorite album. I like it so much. I prefer her stuff with Union Station because their sound and backup harmonies just complement her voice so well.

Plus, then you get whats-his-name singing, the one who was Clooney's singing voice in O Brother. That's a nice bonus.

His name is Dan Tyminski, :wink:.

I'm listening to their new album as we speak, love her/them.

Nope! It came out yesterday, official and everything, not a leak. I haven't had a chance to go down to a record store this week so I'm streaming it on Rhapsody, but it is Record Store Day this week and I also need to pick up a copy of the new TV on the Radio and Bell X1.

It is quite a good new release week, :yes:.

Also, the song Sting wrote with her for Cold Mountain, "You Will Be My Ain True Love" is amazing, :drool:. I've yet to see her live (hoping to this summer), but Sting did the song on his Symphonicities tour last year with Jo Lawry, an excellent harmonizing vocalist. It was a special moment.

Back
Top Bottom