New Editors!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In This Light and On This Evening - fantastic album title.

Strange song titles, Eat Raw Meet, Bricks and Mortar, Papillon.

Looking forward to this, Editors should be one of the biggest bands in the world. An End Has A Start should have been the highest selling single of the noughties.

If this album is 3/4 as good as the last two, it'll be an immensely enjoyable listening experience.

In This Light and On This Evening - fantastic album title.

Strange song titles, Eat Raw Meet, Bricks and Mortar, Papillon.

Looking forward to this, Editors should be one of the biggest bands in the world. An End Has A Start should have been the highest selling single of the noughties.

If this album is 3/4 as good as the last two, it'll be an immensely enjoyable listening experience.

Couldn't agree with you more:applaud:

In a way I'm glad they are still "underground" for now. When they came to Denver I had the chance to hang with Chris Urbanowicz (guitar) a little back stage. Cool as hell. I want to catch them again here in the US while once more in that kind of venue again before they get bigger here.

Yeah, I wasn't fully and properly into them last time they were in Melbourne, shame, they played a lovely small venue(HiFi Bar) and were supported by one of the best Aussie bands going around at the moment (Expatriate). Would've been great to see the An End Has A Start Tour.

Maybe one more album before they go supernova, and become as big as U2. :wink:

Yeah, I wasn't fully and properly into them last time they were in Melbourne, shame, they played a lovely small venue(HiFi Bar) and were supported by one of the best Aussie bands going around at the moment (Expatriate). Would've been great to see the An End Has A Start Tour.

Maybe one more album before they go supernova, and become as big as U2. :wink:

I have many freinds down under thanks to Contiki:hyper: so if they make it there again I think I will go.

I like the new song a lot! :up:

I probably wouldn't be into Editors as much if it wasn't for Tom Smith's voice, it caught my attention right away when I heard their cover of Orange Crush on one of Q's compilation CDs. So rare nowadays to hear a truly distinct male vocalist. I don't think that their music is quite as interesting yet, but oh well, wait and see.

Yeah, that's the main criticism of Editors, that the music isn't especially interesting comapred with some of their contemporaries, but gee they can reflect a certain mood, and are fuelled with genuine passion and drive, and have the sweetest of explosive hooks all over their tunes....

Thanks, I wasn't aware they'd put out another album. I'll check it out, I do like their past material. I don't find the names of the album or songs weird. This day artists have to be innovative and cutting edge so that's all they are doing. Good for them, I hope this cd will get the Editors even more recognition, they deserve it. :up:

Tracklist for the new album out on October 12/13

Editors - In This Light And On This Evening:
1. In This Light And On This Evening
2. Bricks And Mortar
3. Papillon
4. You Don’t Know Love
5. The Big Exit
6. The Boxer
7. Like Treasure
8. Eat Raw Meat = Blood Drool
9. Walk the Fleet Road

Spex - Magazin für Popkultur ? Editors

Cool, I wonder how official this is. Wonder what happened to the song No Sound But The Wind?

Cannot wait for this album. This band is perfect.

Here is the translated version of the article I found on the Editors forum:

Warm Syth apreggios open the new Editor's album, Tom Smith "London's become the most beautiful thing I've seen" sings, while the core of the piece slowly with gentle piano attacks and increasing bass playing approaches the summit. After three minutes then a tough break, the guitar is played loudly and distorted, the drums suddenly takes a lot of space, again a loud, dominant Synth motif. The opening piece makes clear that the editors with her third album "In This Light And On This Evening" have evolved significantly.

The following "Bricks And Mortar" begins with a beat from the drum, in the first third of the song the keyboard play strongly reminds of the striking melody and the bass run of Joy Division "transmission", in the middle is choral singing from the off. But enough of the everlasting Joy Division comparisons, with this album you have new, more modern references. In the end, a huge Rave reference follows with the first single "Papillon" immediately, in the end, the album sounds terrifically electronic, in the end, the tape breaks out of Birmingham from her pattern rather stiff up to now – in any case, emotionalism is measured here more weakly. The length of the single pieces is striking also: up to the extremely hymnal final piece accompanied by sums » Drum the canal Road « all pieces are longer than four minutes, » Bricks and Mortar « is stretched even on 6,5 minutes. Likewise anew: the pieces complain less departure than ever before for themselves. Wenigher excitement, less Indiedisco Floor wrangling, less "Däng-Däng", more substance. Apart from with distorted organ, distorted Synthie and not at all distorted string player's arrangements equipped "You Don't Love" and the Manchester Rave single "Papillon" no clearly recognizable hits suggest themselves after the first three flows.

Well possibly that the new, very interesting musical Zerissenheit of the editors also lies in the fact reasonably that guitarist Chris Urbanowicz and bassist Russell Leech live now in New York and the musical influence of that town – in spite of the entrance mentioned declaration of love has flowed in in London – onto the sound design of the editors. However, maybe it also lies at the choice of producer Mark "Flood" Ellis lie which has polished up earlier the careeKs of U2, Nick Cave and the bath Seeds, Nine Inch Nails, Erasure, The Killers, Sigur Rós and to many other successfully musically.

In This Light And On This Evening « appears on the 9th October with Pias, the first impressions of the new pieces – off the short Album-Teasers verlinkten below – one can come along at the end of September: beside a lot of other tape and artists like Dananananaykroyd, Girls, meadow Revoir Simone, Simone White, Emiliana Torrini, Michael J. Sheehy and The Hired Mourners, Dinosaur Jr. and phantom Ghost the editors play on 26.09 a Showcase within the scope of the Hamburg Reeperbahnfestivals. See you down the line!

Wicked, I found a copy online, so have the radio edit on me iPod.

Single Of '09 such a great song it's nauseating.....what a vocal by Smith, extraordinary.

On the UK iTunes there are 30 minute clips of each song.

Eat Raw Meat = Blood Drool sounds as explosive on record as it does live....

Walk The Fleet Road sounds utterly gorgeous.

Tom Smith is the best vocalist in the world at the moment bar none.

This promises to be the album of the year. The brilliance of this band is just immense......

On the UK iTunes there are 30 minute clips of each song.

Eat Raw Meat = Blood Drool sounds as explosive on record as it does live....

Walk The Fleet Road sounds utterly gorgeous.

Tom Smith is the best vocalist in the world at the moment bar none.

This promises to be the album of the year. The brilliance of this band is just immense......

:up:

I've always been a casual fan of Editors. They always struck me a little as a poor man's Interpol. And their guitar lines seemed similar from song to song. I must say that Papillon is a really cool track though. Sounds a little like New Order and thats definitely a good thing :up:

I've only heard Munich and All Sparks by this band. Heard a couple of other tracks but they didn't stick in my mind. I fucking love All Sparks! What's their best album? The Back Room?

I've only heard Munich and All Sparks by this band. Heard a couple of other tracks but they didn't stick in my mind. I fucking love All Sparks! What's their best album? The Back Room?

Most people will probably say Back Room but for me An End is better. Its dark and brooding and the lyrics are what really got meon the album. They are both great.

The songs have an emense amount of depth to them... very heavy.

Check out Spiders... listen deeply

YouTube - Editors - Spiders

Is it already physically out where you are....or has it leaked?

it's streaming on their website, i think. i downloaded a webrip of the stream. can't wait for better quality. if you can hold out, i would.

*punches u2popmofo in the face.

Back
Top Bottom