New Coldplay album in 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coemgen

Rock n' Roll Doggie
This from RollingStone.com:

Coldplay’s Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends is barely two months old and already the band are aiming for a 2009 release for their next album. The sessions the band had with producer Brian Eno were so “incredibly fruitful,” a source at Coldplay’s label EMI said, that they recorded more music than a single album could house. “The majority of the follow-up is already in the can, though they will have to go back into the studio at some point to add a few more songs,” the source told the U.K.’s Telegraph. So why the rush? The source speculates that after this upcoming album — which would be the band’s fifth — could be combined with an obligatory greatest hits compilation to fulfill their contractual obligation to their label. Chris Martin has already hinted at a new record in 2009, saying it would be the likely destination of the band’s collaboration with singer Kylie Minogue.

Link to Telegraph article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new.../Coldplay-to-release-fifth-album-in-2009.html

EYKIW response prediction:

Bono collaborated with Mary J Blige so now Chris Martin has to collaborate with Kylie. :down:

I'm down with a Kylie collabo. She's always nice on the eyes and I actually really enjoy the song she did with Robbie Williams a few years back. It was goofy as hell, but also very fun.

Promising, though bands always seem to say that and it still ends up taking 2 to 4 years.

U2, for one.

Exactly, and since according to this site, Coldplay base everything they do on U2, that must be their strategy - lie about how quickly you'll release a new album, and just continue the every 4 years thing. :wink:

I'm curious as to what separated the material into two distinct albums---why some songs ended up on VLVODAAHF and why others were chosen for the second. Cool.

Back
Top Bottom