New Coldplay album in 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since I don't pay close attention to what the hidden tracks are, which hidden tracks go with which songs?

Either the next album or the EP will have the "full version" of Life in Technicolor, complete with vocals. If anything, I just want to hear a more proper ending than the abrupt album cut. An instrumental Coldplay song every once and a while wouldn't hurt anybody.

Reign of Love is attached to Lovers in Japan
Chinese Sleep Chant is after Yes!
The Escapist is after Death and All of His Friends

Geez..don't bands make albums that last an hour or more anymore?

I hope not. I generally prefer shorter albums. Editing makes for a stronger album. An album with 10-12 great and really good songs is better than a 16-song album with 10-12 great and really good songs and 4 mediocre ones (see for instance the last few albums by the Red Hot Chili Peppers).

U2's 5th record was Joshua Tree. Will Coldplay have a Joshua Tree up their sleeve?

U2's 2nd record was the struggling October. Coldplay had the excellent A Rush Of Blood To The Head.
So answers to questions like that don't say anything.

For the record... I Love U2.. but the Coldplay bashing is getting out of hand... people need to expand their musical horizons...

Expand my musical horizons by listening to Coldplay?

That's like trying to learn more about French cuisine by drinking water.

Expand my musical horizons by listening to Coldplay?

That's like trying to learn more about French cuisine by drinking water.

What I meant is, some people are so focused on U2, that are starting to hate other bands, just because they are clearly influenced by them... like Coldplay..

but yeah, you can listen to viva la vida, there's a lot of new experimental ideas: the instrumental (not experimental, but it's a brave move to actually release an instrumental on an album), the middle parte on "42", the timing variations on "Death And All his Friends"...

What I meant is, some people are so focused on U2, that are starting to hate other bands, just because they are clearly influenced by them... like Coldplay..

but yeah, you can listen to viva la vida, there's a lot of new experimental ideas: the instrumental (not experimental, but it's a brave move to actually release an instrumental on an album), the middle parte on "42", the timing variations on "Death And All his Friends"...

Experimental relative to the band, but that's about it. Every band is derivative of their influences in some way, I just think that this band doesn't do a great job of integrating them into a "unique" sound. Again, this is just my opinion, but I believe a few people feel the same way. I like some of their music because it fits my tastes, but I don't like the band, if that makes any sense.

For the record... I Love U2.. but the Coldplay bashing is getting out of hand... people need to expand their musical horizons...

I've never bashed Coldplay. I love their music but I will bash Chris Martin. I think he's a twat and he drives me nuts. Just my pshychotic opinion. Need to get back on my Abilify:huh:

I've never bashed Coldplay. I love their music but I will bash Chris Martin. I think he's a twat and he drives me nuts. Just my pshychotic opinion. Need to get back on my Abilify:huh:

I've decided to not dig too much into personal lives or interviews for the most part because I've been severely let down by members of bands I truly enjoyed, and thusly have been soured toward their music. I'd rather let the music do the speaking than the douchebags. Since I've done a good job of avoiding this with Chris Martin, I can gladly stick my fingers in my ears and hum "Green Eyes".

I think that album sounds like it could be really good. I was wondering what happened to some of those songs. Some were rumored to be on early tracklists for Viva.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom