New Coldplay album in 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Step 1 Cut a hole in a box...

Seven47.jpeg

DON'T COME OVER HERE!

Chris Martin: Coldplay To Release EP Later This Year, Then Album In 2009

Two new Coldplay interviews have aired today in the UK, the first one on BBC Radio 2 with Dermot O'Leary and the second on BBC6 Music. During the second one Chris Martin confirmed details of future Coldplay releases to a well respected Steve Lamacq.

An EP entitled 'Prospekt's March' will be released on 26th December 2008 and the band will then wrap up the decade with a full length release in December 2009. Both releases have no further details as yet.

Well, even if we don't get U2's new album, we'll still be listening to new Coldplay by next year! :hyper:

Well I think being productive is something most bands don't have these days... and especially coming from a top band like Coldplay, it's great news

Well, given that their current album isn't exactly what you might call a "long album" then it makes sense. What is there like 10-12 songs at barely 3-4minutes a piece?

I'm sure they have plenty of material left.

Geez..don't bands make albums that last an hour or more anymore?

There are some albums that I can play, sit down, have a couple glasses of whiskey on the rocks and smoke an entire cigar before the thing finishes.

With Viva La Vida I can barely use the bathroom before it ends.

Coldplay have seen U2 slip up, get fat and refuse to launch their new album while they holiday (seemingly for ever) in continential Europe.

Coldplay have hit the ground running and put in their applcation for BEST BAND IN THE WORLD

and frankly

due to lack of competition

Coldplay are winning handsomely at the moment

Ladies and Gentleman

due to lack of interest by U2

I give you the best band in the world today

COLDPLAY

Maybe the good songs that were left off the last album were saved for another.

Coldplay need to send an album year after year because people quickly forget about them. U2 are already in the hall of fame. I'd rather wait for a great record that they're happy with than rush it because of marketing opportunities.

U2's 5th record was Joshua Tree. Will Coldplay have a Joshua Tree up their sleeve?

I really hope their new record is better than the last one. I like about 3-4 songs on Viva La Vida and if they have another 3-4 songs on the new one it will be like one album with 8 good songs. They should have just sent out 2 EPs or spend some more time like U2 on working on the best compilation for Viva la Vida in the first place. Maybe the album could have been the masterpiece that they promised instead of the filler we ended up getting.

Well, given that their current album isn't exactly what you might call a "long album" then it makes sense. What is there like 10-12 songs at barely 3-4minutes a piece?

01: Life In Technicolour (2:29)
02. Cemeteries of London (3:21)
03. Lost! (3:55)
04. 42 (3:57)
05. Lovers In Japan (6:51)
06. Yes (7:07)
07. Viva la Vida (4:01)
08. Violet Hill (3:43)
09. Strawberry Swing (4:10)
10. Death and All His Friends (6:24)

+B-Sides

Lost? (3:42)
A Spell A Rebel Yell (2:41)

You're right. Really short.:|

They should have just sent out 2 EPs or spend some more time like U2 on working on the best compilation for Viva la Vida in the first place. Maybe the album could have been the masterpiece that they promised instead of the filler we ended up getting.

I think you are hitting it on the head here.

There's a very good reason why you don't see many great double albums or long albums anymore. Its alot easier to put out two mediocre albums and spread them a bit apart to sell more records and keep a band in the limelight for an extra second or two.

U2 will never release a double album because they are keenly aware of this.

I for one find it hard to believe that a band...especially one as great as U2 can't come up with atleast 18-20 great finished songs over the course of four years.

Music is tough to produce...but geez...is it really THAT tough where you can't put out more than an hours worth of quality noise and clatter?

01: Life In Technicolour (2:29)
02. Cemeteries of London (3:21)
03. Lost! (3:55)
04. 42 (3:57)
05. Lovers In Japan (6:51)
06. Yes (7:07)
07. Viva la Vida (4:01)
08. Violet Hill (3:43)
09. Strawberry Swing (4:10)
10. Death and All His Friends (6:24)

+B-Sides

Lost? (3:42)
A Spell A Rebel Yell (2:41)

You're right. Really short.:|

To be fair, all three of those tracks are two songs awkwardly pasted together to feign great artistic achievement.

To be fair, all three of those tracks are two songs awkwardly pasted together to feign great artistic achievement.

That would make 15, then. Not just 10-12. :shrug: And I even left out that minute-long song they released online. So 16. U2 oughta take notes. :grumpy:

I really hope their new record is better than the last one. I like about 3-4 songs on Viva La Vida and if they have another 3-4 songs on the new one it will be like one album with 8 good songs. They should have just sent out 2 EPs or spend some more time like U2 on working on the best compilation for Viva la Vida in the first place. Maybe the album could have been the masterpiece that they promised instead of the filler we ended up getting.

...sounds like a lot of casual U2 fans in regards to The Unforgettable Fire....

:whistle:

Coldplay need to send an album year after year because people quickly forget about them.

Well, I think U2 fans are getting a little frightened because someone is taking the spot for biggest band in the world (not best!)

And please... when was the last time u2 had a number 1 hit??? '87?????

For the record... I Love U2.. but the Coldplay bashing is getting out of hand... people need to expand their musical horizons...

Back
Top Bottom