New Cold War Kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coemgen

Rock n' Roll Doggie
"Loyalty to Loyalty" will hit stores Sept. 23.

The tracklisting is:

1 Against Privacy
2 Mexican Dogs
3 Every Valley Is Not A Lake
4 Something Is Not Right With Me
5 Welcome To The Occupation
6 Golden Gate Jumpers
7 Avalanche In B
8 I've Seen Enough
9 Every Man I Fall For
10 Dreams Old Men Dream
11 On The Night That My Love Broke Through
12 Relief
13 Cryptomnesia

Listen to "Something Is Not Right With Me" at MySpace.com - COLD WAR KIDS - Long Beach - Soul / Punk / Other - www.myspace.com/coldwarkids

I'm actually not really sure why I made that comment about these guys sucking earlier in this thread. I kinda like Cold War Kids. We Used to Vacation is a great song.

Oh, man. An old school tete-a-tete between Dalton and me, in which I quickly concede defeat. That warms the cockles of my heart. Those were the days.

But, seriously, to reiterate what I said back in 2008, I don't know why I said they suck. I do think this band is alright. They've got a handful of songs I dig, and I still love We Used To Vacation.

I might check out this new one eventually.

No, I'm saying that you can probably see good music from your house, but have never actually heard it.
What the view from GAF's house in Music Alaska may look like:
51FVQKXZM3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I do think Kid A is a great album. But doesn't everybody?

Bringing up Radiohead in any thread is a very dangerous practice, though. They're probably the second most popular band on this forum, and things can derail and turn into a Radiohead discussion quicker than beer turns to piss.

So, let's talk about Cold War Kids.

YouTube - COLD WAR KIDS - WE USED TO VACATION

I like this song, and not only because it's about alcoholism.

If I wasn't truly interested in the album, I wouldn't have brought this thread back from the abyss... it would be cruel. :D
There's no denying it, I lol'd at those posts.

I do think Kid A is a great album. But doesn't everybody?

Bringing up Radiohead in any thread is a very dangerous practice, though. They're probably the second most popular band on this forum, and things can derail and turn into a Radiohead discussion quicker than beer turns to piss.
The joke was that the album cover is an icy landscape. That's all. Sorry for the unintentional thread derail. :wink:
As for the band at hand: I've never really heard any of their stuff, but the track you posted sounds pretty cool. I may have to delve into their back catalog at some point soon...

The joke was that the album cover is an icy landscape. That's all. Sorry for the unintentional thread derail. :wink:
As for the band at hand: I've never really heard any of their stuff, but the track you posted sounds pretty cool. I may have to delve into their back catalog at some point soon...

Friggin' Radiohead fan.

I love their song "Hospital Beds". And I like "Hang Me Up To Dry", too.

That's about the extent of my knowledge of the band's stuff, though. But given the fact I like what I've heard, yeah, I'll be interested to hear something off their latest work. I recall reading a review on AMG the other day where they seemed sort of middle of the road on the new album, but how much stock you put in critics' opinions is up to you, of course.

Angela

I like Kid A's album cover a lot. Also, the CD booklet is freaking awesome. Oh, whoops.

One of my friends recently brought these guys up, and I've realized that I"m unfamiliar with any of their songs.

Wow. I haven't been here forever. Just got a notice in my e-mail about this thread.

I actually interviewed Nathan Willett for a cover article for Relevant magazine. You can read it here: RELEVANT Magazine - January/February 2011 :: Cold War Kids Click on their article headline to go to the article itself. And feel free to tweet/share on FB — that helps me out. :wink:

Hope you enjoy it. He was a cool guy to talk to.

Back
Top Bottom