New Bob Dylan album! Together Through Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
April 28th. The greatest songwriter in the history of the world is back. Again. Studio album #33.

It's called Together Through Life. Here's the cover art -

dylancovbig.jpg

Kissing in cars. Hot. What do y'all think? Excited? I thought Modern Times was pretty damn brilliant. And it's hard to not get excited when he decides to do something new. If there is a true living legend, it's this guy. Let's talk about Bobby Dylan.

Oh, and there's an on-going Bill Flanagan interview with the man himself about the new album that they're going to update on bobdylan.com

http://www.bobdylan.com/#/conversation?page=1

This is awesome news.:up: I've never met a Bob Dylan album, hell, a Dylan song, that I don't love. I can't wait. This is shaping up to be an amazing year for new releases.:drool:

That's a great album cover. Mr. Dylan had an off night when I saw him in August, but he's too awesome for me to ever give up on him entirely.

Heard about this last week. Rolling Stone said it has a border town/cantina-type sound, and the accordion player from Los Lobos features heavily . Which has me excited, because I think Modern Times was a bit redundant musically after Love & Theft.

Heard about this last week. Rolling Stone said it has a border town/cantina-type sound, and the accordion player from Los Lobos features heavily . Which has me excited, because I think Modern Times was a bit redundant musically after Love & Theft.

Yeah, I posted that Rolling Stone piece in the Random Thread last week. But the cover art, release date, and album title just came out today, so I figured it deserved a thread of its own.

That's a great album cover.

Yes. Yes, yes, yes. I really love the cover. The blue and red logo and the vintage photograph itself are gorgeous. Good stuff.

I do agree with that, actually. I love both of those albums, but they do sound somewhat similar. I don't really consider that a bad thing, though. They're both brilliant. I prefer Modern Times to Love&Theft, though. I just feel that its lyrics were more fleshed out.

I am a huge fan of that cover. It might be his best album cover, yet. I don't own most of the albums in hard form since I buy most of my music on iTunes, but I've never been a huge fan of his cover art. The Free-wheelin' Bob Dylan has been my favorite up to this point.

Oh, I was about to post this.
GREAT NEWS. Mr. Dylan is back. Modern Times was brillant but I'm really excited to hear how this is gonna turn out. :up::up:

I am a huge fan of that cover. It might be his best album cover, yet. I don't own most of the albums in hard form since I buy most of my music on iTunes, but I've never been a huge fan of his cover art. The Free-wheelin' Bob Dylan has been my favorite up to this point.

I like this one a lot, too:

OhMercy.jpg

and

B0000C8AW2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

and

bdnsln.jpg

and last but not least:

basement_tapes_LP.jpg

I have always liked that Nashville Skyline cover. And the rest of the 60's album covers are all iconic images at this point. Blonde On Blonde's blurry portrait is pretty cool.

For those interested, here's the tracklisting:

1 - "Beyond Here Lies Nothin'"
2 - "Life is Hard"
3 - "My Wife's Home Town"
4 - "If You Ever Go To Houston"
5 - "Forgetful Heart"
6 - "Jolene"
7 - "This Dream of You"
8 - "Shake Shake Mama"
9 - "I Feel A Change Comin' On"
10 - "It's All Good"

As I expected, great song! Mr. Dylan is amazing. :up::up:

Definitely lives up to the promise of that border cafe sound.

Yeah, it really does. I can picture him sitting in a chair in the middle of some dark, seedy joint playing this song with a band of drunken misfits backing him up. Good stuff.

This song is the tits. I'm hoping this will his best of the post-Time Out of Mind albums. Not that I don't like Love & Theft and Modern Times. I like them a whole hell of a lot. I just want something to blow me away. This song is a nice start.

Back
Top Bottom