New Bob Dylan album! Together Through Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love me some Willie, but Mellencamp is the homeless man's Bruce.:down:

:love: Well said.

For once, I...may...not download the leak. It's the strangest feeling, but I feel my listening experience could be improved by waiting a few days. Dammit.

I can't stand Willie Nelson either.

:tsk:

Marty is disappointed in you, Martha. :sad: I'm on a Willie kick lately. He's an excellent writer and performer. As I've seen stated, Willie Nelson is the Bob Dylan of country. Now, I might not go that far, but he's certainly one of the best country singer-songwriters ever.

The album's good, not mind blowing, the lyrics aren't his best but his voice is strong and the instrumentation is too. It's probably my second favourite album of the year so far (not saying much). I'll probably end up buying it

I saw Mellencamp back in the early 90's and he put on a great show. I think it was when he was touring with Whenever We Wanted, which really is a solid album. His next couple were hit-and-miss, and I don't think I've heard anything new this decade, with the exception of the Song That Would Not Go Away.

Whose country is it again?

/simmons

I wouldn't know, haven't been on the internet so much with finals soon approaching but hopefully it's been a little more productive than discussing Mellencamp. SO, new Dylan album out on tuesday? Hope it's as good or better than Modern Times, looking forward to a handful of releases coming up this spring!

Really digging this record. Very raw, loose, and fun. It relies quite heavily on standard blues chord progressions, but it never feels repetitive because the performances are so strong.

If You Ever Go To Houston :combust:

This is a little MEH for me. It's enjoyable sonically, but the songwriting is a little weak in comparison to recent efforts; the last few albums all had a handful of classics, and at this point I'm only seeing that with I Feel A Change Comin' On.

Listening to this for the first time right now. Just got done with Jolene. Really liked that one. This shit is good. :up:

Bobby's back on the cover of the Rolling Stone -

27825832.jpg

I think he actually looks younger than he did when he was doing press for Modern Times.

Went to see him in Birmingham last night and loved it. Would have loved it more if some pillock hadn't caused a traffic jam on the way and made me miss the first three songs, but the rest of the show was top notch.

Set list from boblinks.com

1. The Wicked Messenger (Bob on keyboard)
2. It Ain't Me, Babe (Bob on guitar)
3. High Water (For Charley Patton) (Bob on keyboard)
4. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
(Bob on keyboard)
5. Man In The Long Black Coat (Bob on keyboard)
6. Desolation Row (Bob on keyboard)
7. Honest With Me (Bob on keyboard)
8. Workingman's Blues #2 (Bob on keyboard)
9. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on keyboard)
10. Ballad Of A Thin Man (Bob on keyboard)
11. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
(Bob on keyboard)
12. Ain't Talkin' (Bob on keyboard)
13. Thunder On The Mountain (Bob on keyboard)
14. Like A Rolling Stone (Bob on keyboard)

(encore)

15. All Along The Watchtower (Bob on keyboard)
16. Spirit On The Water (Bob on keyboard)
17. Blowin' In The Wind (Bob on keyboard)

I missed out on Tangled Up In Blue from the previous two nights, but still...

Back
Top Bottom