New Bob Dylan album! Together Through Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^Bob himself under the alias Jack Frost.

Worst comes to worst, you can always get Scumbo to send it to you.

Well, I can see this leaking in two weeks probably. Can't wait. :dance:

Updating... the album will also be available as a 3 disc deluxe version. Here's what comes in the other two discs:

Disc two:

1. Howdy Neighbor
  2. Don't Take Everybody to Be Your Friend
  3. Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend
  4. La Valse de Amitie
  5. Make Friends
  6. My Next Door Neighbor
  7. Let's Invite Them Over
  8. My Friends
  9. Last Night
  10. You've Got a Friend
  11. Bad Neighborhood
  12. Neighbours
  13. Too Many Parties and Too Many Pals
  14. Why Can't We Be Friends
(For those that haven't noticed, all of these are covers. It'll be really cool to see Bob singing "Neighbours", btw.)

Disc three:

1. Roy Silver - The Lost Interview (DVD)

I'll just illegally download the second disc after buying the vinyl.

Where is the song on that Newsweek page? :scratch:

It should just be the first thing you see there when you click on the link. There's a video box in the center of the page underneath the headline "An Exclusive Early Listen to Bob Dylan's New Album, 'Together Through Life'"...hit play on the video.

Beyond Here Lies Nothing doesn't do much for me, it's not bad, not great either. Hoping it's one of the album's weaker songs

Just heard Feel a Change Coming On, I'm excited for this album again :up:

"30 second preview of every track"

YouTube - Together Through Life, the new Bob Dylan album: Preview

sounds like a return to form for Dylan to me,
hyper.gif

I dunno why but the cover really reminds me of an image from the book "On The Road" by Jack Kerouac, I know the book had a major impact on Dylan through the years, anybody else get the same idea?

I think I'm going to abstain on this one. I want to listen, but it's not much longer to wait. I don't often go this route, but it's worth a shot. Maybe Scumby is on to something.

Oh I like this song. I'm seeing him next Monday, but it seems he hasn't been playing many new songs in the recent concert.

Oh I like this song. I'm seeing him next Monday, but it seems he hasn't been playing many new songs in the recent concert.

If you mean with recent songs from his upcoming album then no, he hasn't played them (yet?). At least, not this past Saturday when I saw him. But I was pleasantly surprised by how many songs were from Modern Times (I think he played 5 of them), plus some other post 1990-stuff.
:up:

I've recently got myself The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan and Oh Mercy. Now own myself 9 Dylan studio album and one live one, should tide me over until this album comes out :wink:

If you mean with recent songs from his upcoming album then no, he hasn't played them (yet?). At least, not this past Saturday when I saw him. But I was pleasantly surprised by how many songs were from Modern Times (I think he played 5 of them), plus some other post 1990-stuff.
:up:

Yeah, I meant the new album. But it's good to know he played songs off Modern Times. How was the concert? I'm pretty excited I'll see him for the first time next week!

I'd give a kidney to hear him playing Most of the Time, but that's not very likely....

Yeah, I meant the new album. But it's good to know he played songs off Modern Times. How was the concert? I'm pretty excited I'll see him for the first time next week!

I thought the concert was pretty good. Dylan seemed to be into it, which is always a plus. I'm not gonna talk about his vocals, you know to expect some growl, but the renditions of the songs were quite straightforward. Not much guessing to what song he was actually playing. The band is smokin'! :up:

I'd give a kidney to hear him playing Most of the Time, but that's not very likely....

Why not? He played Man In The Long Black Coat (also from Oh Mercy) on Saturday. Though I'd also give a kidney to hear him play Most Of The Time (such a beautiful song! :heart: ).

BTW, if you want to take a look for some of the setlists of his current tour, then this is your guide: Bob Dylan - Bob Links - 2009 Tour Guide

:)

Oh Mercy! :drool:
And The Freewheelin'... is also a great one. :up:

There's a massive gap in my Dylan collection from Blood On the Tracks up until Time Out of Mind. Well excluding Knocked Out Loaded, I regret owning that one :lol: So I'm hoping Oh Mercy will fill that

Dylan never plays songs from albums before they're released anymore, regardless of how soon the album's coming out. There's a setlist from a show that already ended today (in Switzerland), and there's not one song from Together Through Life.

It does seem lame, but also irrelevant considering the guy is practically on one long perpetual tour and will be back soon enough.

There's a massive gap in my Dylan collection from Blood On the Tracks up until Time Out of Mind. Well excluding Knocked Out Loaded, I regret owning that one :lol: So I'm hoping Oh Mercy will fill that

Knocked Out Loaded is probably the worst album released in that period, or at least one of them.

I'd suggest Oh Mercy (in my opinion his BEST album since Blood on the Tracks, including the last three), Infidels (a bit dated, but a very unique island/reggae sound courtesy of duo Sly & Robbie), Desire (another exotic-sounding album but more organic, gypsy-esque?), and Street Legal (overproduced and too much reliance on back-up singers, but great songs), in that order.

Back
Top Bottom