new Blur album out in April!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So what are everyone's thoughts on this? I liked it on first listen though I wish it had a couple of tickets on there. Very mellow and feels like it's dominated by Albarn. It's definitely not close to their peak from Modern Life to 13. But it's better than I thought it would be.

Highlights are Lonesome Street, New World Towers, Spaceman and Terracotta Heart.

Sent from my SM-G730V using U2 Interference mobile app

I wouldn't say it's dominated by Albarn as it seems that Coxon basically made the album himself from the jams the four of them had in Hong Kong. I like the album a lot really. Not spectacular but it has lots of good tunes. I like the psychedelic vibe of some songs. My favorite is actually Go Out. That one's grown on me tremendously. L-o-o-o-o-cal thing is quite catchy and pretty cool in combination with the distorted guitars.

I wouldn't say it's dominated by Albarn as it seems that Coxon basically made the album himself from the jams the four of them had in Hong Kong. I like the album a lot really. Not spectacular but it has lots of good tunes. I like the psychedelic vibe of some songs. My favorite is actually Go Out. That one's grown on me tremendously. L-o-o-o-o-cal thing is quite catchy and pretty cool in combination with the distorted guitars.

Hmm, I feel like it has a Everyday Robots vibe on a few numbers. But I definitely hear Coxon's influence as well. Those two records just seem to be a similar vein, though I really like both of them.

As a huge Blur fan throughout my childhood and teens, culminating in Think Tank in 2003 (which I loved) I am pretty disappointed. The concept is cohesive and the music is interesting, but I just don't like it very much. I don't think there will be anything that draws me in, or that will linger in my consciousness.

Glad they're still making music all the same.

As a huge Blur fan throughout my childhood and teens, culminating in Think Tank in 2003 (which I loved) I am pretty disappointed. The concept is cohesive and the music is interesting, but I just don't like it very much. I don't think there will be anything that draws me in, or that will linger in my consciousness.

Glad they're still making music all the same.

This^^^^^^^^. :up:

I listened to it on Spotify with zero expectations - I didn't much like it. But then again, I've always been a fan of the singles and that's about it.

Album's good, just got done with my first listen.

I think Lonesome Street was the right choice for album opener. Dig that track.

Love when the drums kick in on Thought I Was A Spaceman. Some nice keyboard/synth tones in there, and a cool Coxon guitar crescendo in the second half of the song.

I Broadcast is a blast. Reminds me of young Blur more than anything on here. That lead guitar riff is classic, and Damon's delivery is too. It's a needed pick-me-up for the album as a whole.

Pyongyang has a memorable vocal melody.

And how great is Ong Ong?! My favorite track on first listen. An instant favorite. Just made me feel good. I feel like this could be a hit, too.

GOOD ON YA, LADS! (Or something that English people would say, I don't fucking know)

Listened to it on the way into work this morning - quite liking it. I think the opening song sets a good tone for the rest of the album. I am going to the Brooklyn show they doing tonight, so I will hear how these songs fare live then!

I bought the album on Monday, along with the Y'all Doomed 7", then left them at a mate's house! :lol: I can't be bothered to download it because then I know I'll never take the damn thing out of it's shrink wrap when I get it back

gig in March was incredible, very very strange seeing them up close haha, but I was not disappointed with the songs at all. Just the sort of album you'd expect them to make at this point, in a good way.

Went to their free show in Brooklyn tonight, they played the entire new album, except for Ice Cream Man, in order, and they sounded fantastic. For their encore, they did Beetlebum, Message Centre, and Song 2. They were rockin'!

Second listen - I need to stop judging things after my first listen. What I previously described as simply interesting is now giving way to enjoyment.

Haven't heard the album yet and still weighing up whether to get a ticket but I don't believe I've seen you posting here before. Welcome, it's always nice to see someone else from the greatest country in the world (although you live on the shit side) and a newbie who seems to be into more music than just U2.

Haven't heard the album yet and still weighing up whether to get a ticket but I don't believe I've seen you posting here before. Welcome, it's always nice to see someone else from the greatest country in the world (although you live on the shit side) and a newbie who seems to be into more music than just U2.

Thanks mate, I'm a long time lurker with a past life. Been viewing these forums since Hut Dab - but glad to join the select number of Aussie fans on the blue crack!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Are there still tickets for the Melbourne gig? I'm tempted

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Well after a few more listens turns out the album is crap apart from 2 songs:

I Broadcast &
Terracotta Heart

Don't know what all the fuss is about them reforming. Alex James is a prat. Damon is ok though, got time for him as he seems a decent bloke.

Everyday Robots by Damon is better than Magic Whip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom