New Bloc Party album this Thursday?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
New Bloc Party Album Out Digitally on Thursday | Pitchfork

On August 21-- as in this Thursday-- Bloc Party will digitally release Intimacy, their unexpectedly imminent third full-length LP.

A physical release of Intimacy, featuring different tracks from the digital incarnation, is due October 28 from Atlantic in the U.S., and October 27 in the UK via Wichita. You can flip on over to the Bloc Party website to preorder your copy of Intimacy in whichever form you please right this instant, if you'd like. If you pre-order the physical version, you get the digital version as well.

Intimacy is being released in this increasingly more orthodox fashion to combat the kind of leakage that got A Weekend in the City out on the web many months before its eventual release. The album was produced by Silent Alarm's Paul Epworth and Weekend's Jackknife Lee and mixed by Alan Moulder (My Bloody Valentine, Smashing Pumpkins), and it's being described as "wildly experimental" in parts and "simply classic Bloc Party" in others.

Intimacy:

01 Ares
02 Mercury
03 Halo
04 Biko
05 Trojan Horse
06 Signs
07 One Month Off
08 Zephyrus
09 Better Than Heaven
10 Ion Square

So when they say the physical version has different tracks, do they mean different mixes of the same tracks? 2 complete different albums? Just a couple different songs on each version? What?! Inquiring minds want to know!

Wooooooo Hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

New Bloc Party!!!! :drool: :combust:

From the Webchat this morning when they announced the new album:
mailout_210808.jpg

Do you know what the differences in tracks between format types will be, Fitz?

I am excited :hyper: I ordered the bundle with the physical CD and digital download

I guess In Rainbows really influenced the way people are releasing records now huh? What a great gift to tide me over until the new U2!!

Surely they'll tour soon to promote the new album? :drool:

Yeah, I suppose it was just a couple weeks ago that I saw them in Chicago at Lolla. But I hope they add more tour dates!

Do you know what the differences in tracks between format types will be, Fitz?

Nope. Sorry, I don't. But the e-mail I got from "Pioneers" this morning stated that the cd would have "new" tracks. So maybe it will just be like 1, 2 or 3 bonus tracks to the 10 already listed. They have done that before. I believe they released a few different versions of "A Weekend In The City" for different international markets.

Surely they'll tour soon to promote the new album? :drool:

At the end of the New York, Webster Hall show Kele said: "This is the last night of our tour. Thank you for making it our best tour ever. And don't worry, you will be seeing us a lot sooner than you might imagine."

That statement bodes well to me for a full-blown "Intimacy" tour! :hyper: :drool:

Nope. Sorry, I don't. But the e-mail I got from "Pioneers" this morning stated that the cd would have "new" tracks. So maybe it will just be like 1, 2 or 3 bonus tracks to the 10 already listed. They have done that before. I believe they released a few different versions of "A Weekend In The City" for different international markets.

At the end of the New York, Webster Hall show Kele said: "This is the last night of our tour. Thank you for making it our best tour ever. And don't worry, you will be seeing us a lot sooner than you might imagine."

That statement bodes well to me for a full-blown "Intimacy" tour! :hyper: :drool:

I love you :drool:

:wink:

That would make sense. Let us know if you hear a clarification to this.

I will need to preorder this sucker tonight or tomorrow so I can get the download and the CD for the price of just the CD. :up:

I really like that bands are starting do this sort of thing, makes the entire thing as fun as it used to be back in the day pre-internet leaks.

Good. Good news.

Let's hope this is better than the dismally disappointing Weekend in the Shitty.

I think I'll listen to some Silent Alarm tonight in celebration.

:hyper: Bloc Party is currently tied with U2 as band I've seen the most times (thrice), and I will see both bands ANY chance I get. it's a little easier to see Bloc though :wink:

I am so looking forward to this album

and AWITC did not suck :angry:

Space Moon

Moon in Space. I pray everyday for your return. I have faith. It Will Happen.

bloc party are freakin adorable. what a good looking and talented band! the new song titles sound interesting; there's clearly a theme going on here :wink: glad to hear that some is experimental and some is more like classic Bloc Party. I'm wondering if there will be a ballad that is as good as So Here We Are or Tulips

Holy Hell, this just made my month. Screw that, this makes 2008 for me...until U2 that is.

AND an alternate physical version in October? :drool:

Now get in gear and come to Boston this time.

Myspace is one of the sites blocked at work. From your description, i think I'll enjoy. :up:

You're a life saver! Cool song from the first listen. Think I might wait until Thursday to hear any more.

Glad its up on Myspace (remember when this was the purpose of that site?) since I don't have the WMP plugin installed on this computer and NME didn't work for me this afternoon...listening now.

Back
Top Bottom